Going back to old school...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
When I first listened to pop music... it was mainly CCM hip hop (1991-1994)... then CCM alternative (1993-1995)... then U2, grunge (1994/5 and on)... to britpop (1997-present)... and now I've gone round full circle- back to hiphop, but more mainstream (blackalicious, common, j5, the roots, mos def, talib kweli, de la soul, eric b. and rakim, beastie boys, digital underground, pharcyde)... this past week i've even gone back to current CCM hiphop, which IMO gives secular hiphop artists a run for their money. :silent:

You shouldnt be embarassed about listening to the Beastie Boys, ever. The Beastie Boys were, and are, awesome.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
You shouldnt be embarassed about listening to the Beastie Boys, ever. The Beastie Boys were, and are, awesome.

Hell yeah!!!!!!

Is ccm 'christian contemporary music'? No need to be ashamed Mr Mofo - this makes up 90% of our music collection :yes:

And there is so much more available now than in the early 90's - Switchfoot is probably my current fave (although I wouldn't classify them as hiphop) :heart:

Last edited:
I listen to CCR, although I doubt CCM and Creedance Clearwater Revival are anything remotely resembling the same things... :shrug:

bonosloveslave said:
Is ccm 'christian contemporary music'? No need to be ashamed Mr Mofo - this makes up 90% of our music collection :yes:
that's what i was thinking! so if i'm right...:hmm:

yes don't feel bad! i mean, i've been to a dc talk concert, me of all people aren't gonna tease you. i also went and saw this other band, i forget now but i've mentioned them before in one of those "post all the concerts you've seen" threads. but they sucked so it doesn't count.

Back
Top Bottom