Confessions of a Sadistic Postman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Sometimes I am modest about the fact that I am Air Guitar Champion of Canada, but I always feel I have to prove myself to those damn teenagers... it sounds like an easy occupation, but believe me it has taken years of sacrifice.

Yes, I beat Yost Osterlund of Bern in the final... man, he had this wicked rendition of Mississippi Queen... didn't know those Scandinavians had such an affinity for American rock music...
Why... were you there, a participant perchance?
If you are wondering I won with a tried and true classic... Eruption by Van Halen. I know its an instrumental, but it really impresses the judges when you can play as well as Eddie himself.

Here's what the real space cowboy says about his air guitar days.....

From Rolling Stone (Germany)

Q: Be honest, did you play air guitar at parties when you were younger?

Edge: Oh God, a delicate subject from my past. But okay: I admit that, when I was fifteen, I did play air guitar and played imaginary solos, most of the time to incredibly bad songs.

Q: "Smoke On The Water"?

Edge: That song is indeed quite underground, but not bad enough. My favourite back then used to be "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Q: There even are competitions for air guitar players now.

Edge: I couldn't compete with those people anyway. Compared to them, I'm a beginner.

arw9797 said:
Edge: I couldn't compete with those people anyway. Compared to them, I'm a beginner.

Definitely... this competition is not for the faint of heart. Sometimes it can take thirty or fourty rounds before a winner is declared. But, I do have to give props to Edge because I did use the Fly solo in the preliminaries... I think Edge was a guest judge once, maybe in 1997... back then I hadn't reached the pro ranks. I got my practice through shows at regional amateurs... and eventually I was recognized internationally.

cujo said:

I think Edge was a guest judge once, maybe in 1997...

:tsk: starting rumors. you just want to see how many people will try to find out if that's true.

You know Cujo, it's funny. You weren't the Air Guitar Champion of Canada until I bestowed that title upon you about 2 weeks ago.

See why I think Cujo=:coocoo:

I hate when people denounce my success and take credit for it... I believe you did mention my guitar championship after I brought it up... you also claim to have bestowed me the titles of asshole face and weirdo... titles which I have beared much longer than I've known your acquaintance...

Don't be jealous of your air guitar short comings... with practice you can become a champion like me Clique Police...

This post has been brought to you by my official sponsor:

Preparation H... its time to get off your ass and Rock!!!

I've never called you an asshole face. A weirdo yes. I lied on the other thread cause I wanted everyone who read it to think I call you an asshole face, but I have never uttered the words asshole and face in the same sentence until now.

Originally posted by arw9797 03-08-2003 12:43 AM Randoooom One Liners-
I'm the air guitar champion of Canada---Cujo

A Ha! You quoted me, quoting myself... therefore, I am vindicated. I have little worries if you do not think that I am capable of air guitar supremacy... my resume is longer than the pool at Mandy Manor... and right now your argument is drowning in it...

You're a drowning man, well boy actually. I didn't quote you qouting yourself.....you are not vindicated. On March 8, 2003 at 12:43 AM, I made that up fool.

Last edited:
The truth hurts arw... I know you've always been envious of my position as an air guitar hero, but taking it to this... blatant lying. For shame arw, for shame... sometimes the truth just hurts.

Triumph said:

He too is a great person, for me to POOP on!

I resent that.

I also resent implications that I and my douchebag of a roommate are the same person.

I do believe the current world champeen air guitarist is Australian.. a mild mannered computer geek by day, a spandexwearing mullet and headband sporting....edjit by night.
He goes off:laugh:
I myself am an air drummer. The tables cop a right good thumping when I'm into a song.
I'm also an 'air dresser:angel: ...........:mac:

There are a lot of air guitarists around, very very good ones. So if you are considering making a career of it, I'd opt for air piano accordian. You'll get more work.
:sexywink:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
You're in Canada? THAT explains why i say you on Global News a few weeks back....

whereabouts?

geez... not even the Canadians get the CowTown reference. Oh well, check out the Discoteque forum... how did you see me on Global News. Was I on the consumer watch being blamed for false advertising?

cujo said:

geez... not even the Canadians get the CowTown reference. Oh well, check out the Discoteque forum... how did you see me on Global News. Was I on the consumer watch being blamed for false advertising?

You were the guy being blamed for molesting farm animals.

Back
Top Bottom