Confessions of a Dark soul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinder

Acrobat
First: I have no idea how to shrink photos to make an avatar. Shameful am I.

Second, and more seriously:

You know, lately this seems to be coming up more and more often - people seem to think I'm this evil, condescending bitch who doesn't care if she hurts anyone's feelings.

That bothers me, because it's wrong. I am a caring person, I just don't show it in the 'traditionally feminine' way: I'm not going to cry simply because that person over there is crying. I tend to be stoic. I am generally undemonstrative. I am generally hard to read. This doesn't mean I don't care about others, or their feelings. It just means as a person who is very sensitive, I have to be careful how much energy I want to invest in others' emotional things, because I have my own emotional things. I have to deal with losing my grandmother, who was my closest friend. She died a few years ago, but that hit hard. It's still fresh. I cannot afford to get bogged down with other people to the extent that I forget to take care of my own emotional needs. I can't always be wise. I can't always be gentle and nurturing, though I try my best. It just doesn't come out the way others want it to.

I'm grumpy. I'm tired. But nine times out of ten, if someone asks me to do something specific, like pick up something for them, if I can, I will. If I can't, I'll say no, I can't.

Anyway. The point of this whole long winded thing is, why is it that people /hate/ it when I'm straightforward with them, and get offended when I won't do something that compromises my principles simply because it'll make them feel better?

:rant::yell:

You know what, I understand where you're coming from...not because I am that way, but because honestly, your personality is one that I usually find myself getting along with. The funny part about that is I am the complete opposite of everything you said.

One thing I have found out is that when it comes down to it, if people ask you something or ask something of you and you say no or whatever, it really comes down to the fact that you are not giving them what they want.

I dunno where I want to go with this, but maybe just know that not everybody thinks of you as a condescending bitch who doesn't care...some people will actually take the time to figure you out. :)

eh i find whan you are an evil hardass people deal with it ! i am too, its actually really funny, and also good cos no one messes with me. not to say i dont care, i just dont tolerate alot of fluffy bullshite or superficial people.
people are a bit PC these days and wrapped up in being polite , but its better to be straight up the line . :heart: < fluffy bit :giggle:

Hmm.. I can completely relate because I used to be the same way. I find as a result I tend to be attracted to warm, bubbly, heart-on-your-sleeve type personalities. I think it's because I want to be more like them :shrug: Having people like that in my life has taught me to be more open and expressive with my affections because I feel like to a point I was just afraid to be that way. Obviously putting yourself out there like that leaves you much more open to being hurt. That being said, as much as I've opened up I know that I'll never be that type of personality completely, because to a degree that's just who I am and there's nothing wrong with that.

Like Lies said, there will be people who will take the time to get to know you and dig a bit deeper. Hopefully you'll learn to tune out those who don't take the time to understand you and choose to rush to judgement about who you are. Ultimately those people's opinions don't matter in the grand scheme of things. :)

I dunno..I just get sick of people wanting me to be a bubbly person when I'm just not naturally inclined to be. People just don't get it - not everyone's an extraverted people person. Gods! But thanks, guys.

Hinder said:
I dunno..I just get sick of people wanting me to be a bubbly person when I'm just not naturally inclined to be. People just don't get it - not everyone's an extraverted people person. Gods! But thanks, guys.
My feeling? Most people are uncomfortable with any kind of silence :shrug: So they're uncomfortable around people who don't fill every moment with some kind of :blahblah: Some people are naturally more inclined to be quiet and just sit back and observe. They're not afraid to be alone with their own thoughts. That weirds the hell out of other people :lol: :shrug:

kafrun said:

Most people are uncomfortable with any kind of silence :shrug: So they're uncomfortable around people who don't fill every moment with some kind of :blahblah: That weirds the hell out of other people :lol: :shrug:

:yes:

And I'm one of the people it weirds out! :yes: On the same token, people who feel the need to fill every second with gabbing about nothing and inane chatter, well, that's annoying in its own right.

I don't write people off just because they're the reserved, silent type. But it does make me a bit uncomfortable because I'm more chatty and loquacious and it puts me on the defensive because I'm constantly wondering if I'm boring or annoying the quiet, reserved person.

I have several quiet, reserved friends and I love it when they open up and start talking and sharing with me. :)

But to be perfectly honest, I do get along best with other chatty, conversationalist type people.

Hinder said:

this reminds me of some feedback from a work placement i once did ...

they said i performed very well etc but i should try and be a bit more bubbly and a bit less serious ,

im like what the fuck... im depressive you fucking idiots.... :mad:

then i went home and wrote an angry song :giggle:

mysterious_jen said:

this reminds me of some feedback from a work placement i once did ...

they said i performed very well etc but i should try and be a bit more bubbly and a bit less serious ,

im like what the fuck... im depressive you fucking idiots.... :mad:

then i went home and wrote an angry song :giggle:

:lmao: :lmao: why does this not surprise me?

Mysterious Jen - I start listening to Creed. Best. Depression Songs. Ever. Because if you really get into it, you can really let off some steam screaming your head off about randomly falling over the edge (points if you find a U2 reference in there..;) )

Yeah, it's fun being told you take yourself too seriously. Makes me want to break out the O Rilly macro.

Complete with Sullen Mullen Ten-yard Staredown. "O Rilly. You feeling lucky, punk? Well do you, /punk/?"

I'm the same way (I know, I know, you're all totally shocked right now)... but I'm really brutally straightforward and usually fairly undemonstrative unless a situation "calls" for my input.

My friend who just moved to SC apparently said that I have the "harshed burns" of anyone he's ever met, and I guess he means that when I'm just semi-joking around with people I tend not to care about anyone's sensitivity or self-esteem or things like that.

Case in point, I was just playing RE4 with my buddy upstairs and I just met his roommate for the first time. My friend Dave was telling me his roommate never owned an N64 (the greatest gaming console of all time) and had a Playstation (worthless piece of shit) instead. I then proceeded to call his roommate a stupid jackass or something. It was just a joke for the most part, and he took it as such, but a lot of times people get really put-off if not just confused with things I say. When I'm being genuinely serious though and I say something really brutal or awful to someone (while it's usually 100% the truth) people are really shocked, and I'm not entirely sure what they think of me. I don't really care though either, so it's all good. But most of the time I'm a really nice and friendly guy. I'm not a mean person or such, though I guess it might come across that way sometimes.

Soooo, yeah. I dunno. I guess I just know exactly what you mean, I think. :)

Back
Top Bottom