Cancer is such a nasty beast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My old school friend mum died from pancreatic cancer 2 months ago. She's been suffering from pains at the top of her legs for years but was too scarred to go to the doctor. When it started to get worse her husband and my friend told her that she had to get it checked out, but she collapsed and died at home before they found out the results. The doctor said that it's a type of cancer that they can only diagnose when they run blood tests checking for something else. He said that even if they got the results back beforehand there was nothing he could do for her. She was a lovely women. Always very kind to me when I came to visit and always ensured that we had fun.

My neighbor ,Jodi, just passed away this morning from a type of cancer, adeno carcinoma. She was only 30. She was a single mom with 2 kids, 9 and 6. She went into the hospital a couple months ago for a minor surgery, and they woke her up and told her she had stage 4 cancer that had spread to almost all of her organs. She had no symptoms. Horrible. We just had a huge benefit for her family last Sunday. I guess the only silver lining is that she's not suffering any more.:sad: I feel so bad for Tristan and Andromeda, though. They're so young to go through this.

Back
Top Bottom