I've Been on Interference So Long...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been here so long I remember a long-gone antagonist who used to regularly address Melon as 'lowly Catholic' in FYM's long-ago religious dustups. This was back when some people were prepared to discuss it seriously on its own terms. And no, Iron Horse doesn't count.

I've been here so long I remember a long-gone antagonist who used to regularly address Melon as 'lowly Catholic' in FYM's long-ago religious dustups. This was back when some people were prepared to discuss it seriously on its own terms. And no, Iron Horse doesn't count.

Name started with an S, probably. What a piece of work. Also used to tell people they weren't truly born again (enough). Almost single handedly caused all 11.378 of my suspensions from fym ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Too much of what I was doing in those days was wrapped around sparring in FYM, and when I moved to Canada (ultimately thanks to that Orwellian "Defense of Marriage Act," which felt like it was never going to be repealed at the time), there became a "distance" between myself and American politics for a good several years. I never really had the intention to disappear like that, but I found I had nothing left to say. Thanks to having politically active parents, I'd been talking about politics extensively since I was a child, and I think I had just run out of fuel.

Canada has been great for me, though; all that non-stop media hype and existential anxiety just don't exist here--and with Trump soon to be in charge, I'm especially thankful that I have some distance.

Melon. We need you in FYM. It's horrible in there. Don't leave.

Oh hell, that came off desperate. You're long gone. :(

I remember melon, and I remember going over to the other board I can't remember the name of (I want to say it started with an X, but that makes a joke way too easy. Pretty sure there was only one X, but it is the internet) but still wasn't in on the joke. Speaking of Canada, reminds me, what ever happened to Cujo?

Name started with an S, probably. What a piece of work. Also used to tell people they weren't truly born again (enough). Almost single handedly caused all 11.378 of my suspensions from fym ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Heh, so I'm not the only one who remembers. Somehow I had it in my mind that it was Jick, aka J The King Of Pop, but probably he was just annoying in different ways.

Back
Top Bottom