US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m always surprised at the lack of expedience of our government. After the holidays? I have never fucking understood why all these powerful people get a billion days off a year. I get Christmas Day off. That’s it.

Fuck your recess. Get back to fucking work you lazy pieces of children chicken shit.

I’m always surprised at the lack of expedience of our government. After the holidays? I have never fucking understood why all these powerful people get a billion days off a year. I get Christmas Day off. That’s it.

Fuck your recess. Get back to fucking work you lazy pieces of children chicken shit.

Ha!

It's no wonder our elected reps hang on forever and a day.

Well the actual intent of this time is so they can go home and press the flesh and talk with their constituents and all.

A few actually still do that. Most just take vacay.

Another of our many things that made sense on the 17/1800s but makes no sense now - like the electoral college or the second amendment.

Think again :)

Although it seems I'm with the majority of the Senate on this bill, 'BBB.'

Negotiations restart after the holidays.

Dunno, the joy you find in the obstacles put in front of the current administration suggests otherwise. :)

The majority of the Senate certainly represents a minorty of actual voters.

What is it you object to in BBB? Insulin? The child tax credit? The lives of poor red states getting better even if we continue their dependence on wealthy blue state federal dollars?

i really don't understand why some of you are so hostile to BW. did i miss something?

BW seems pretty reasonable to me but it often feels like some of you react like they're gzusfrk's alt saying crazy shit.

like they literally just posted a youtube clip of the president's press secretary speaking, without comment, and then was immediately accused of being a perv and wanting america to fail. what the hell is that about?

Last edited:
i really don't understand why some of you are so hostile to BW. did i miss something?

BW seems pretty reasonable to me but it often feels like some of you react like they're gzusfrk's alt saying crazy shit.

like they literally just posted a youtube clip of the president's press secretary speaking, without comment, and then was immediately accused of being a perv and wanting america to fail. what the hell is that about?

Being a perv?

I don’t find BW’s positions that objectionable (although it’s tough sometimes to figure out what the position is — there’s a lot of playing coy), and he’s capable of reason discussion (unlike most of the conservatives for the last 15 years). I think there’s a disingenuousness that causes the eye rolling, as well as an unwillingnesses to grapple with Trump.

I have several folks like this in my life. They find Trump stupid and disgusting, but liberals are so annoying and make them feel bad about existing, so their criticisms are one sided, and anything less than perfection from the left is celebrated as a defeat, and if Trump doesn’t pee on the stage then he’s applauded as “presidential.”

I think it goes both ways. He might come off as disingenuous because he thinks it’s not worth stating his opinion if it results in crucifixion. That makes it challenging because we’ve seen those people here before and they have secretly harbored some near KKK bullshit.

Being a perv?

I don’t find BW’s positions that objectionable (although it’s tough sometimes to figure out what the position is — there’s a lot of playing coy), and he’s capable of reason discussion (unlike most of the conservatives for the last 15 years). I think there’s a disingenuousness that causes the eye rolling, as well as an unwillingnesses to grapple with Trump.

I have several folks like this in my life. They find Trump stupid and disgusting, but liberals are so annoying and make them feel bad about existing, so their criticisms are one sided, and anything less than perfection from the left is celebrated as a defeat, and if Trump doesn’t pee on the stage then he’s applauded as “presidential.”

At least we have U2 in common. And probably a fair amount more than that. It's not like I fell off the turnip truck and into Interference last week.

https://twitter.com/isaacdovere/status/1474006649706885126?s=21

Interesting. Wonder who’s paying him to pivot ? Or does he see his primary challengers all on the path he (and others) started by resisting science and think this is his best chance to get back in good graces with donors ??

Like they’ll say, OK he’s showing some competency with this, that’s good enough for me. Screw democracy tho

Interesting. Wonder who’s paying him to pivot ? Or does he see his primary challengers all on the path he (and others) started by resisting science and think this is his best chance to get back in good graces with donors ??

Like they’ll say, OK he’s showing some competency with this, that’s good enough for me. Screw democracy tho

Yeah, my thought is, I don't care who is paying him or what his motive is, if those comments make some of the MAGA folk rethink their vaccine strategy, and it helps us get out of this fucking pandemic, then I'm happy with these comments.

Nobody. Donald Trump is a germaphobe who probably got a strong talking to and was told that he lost the election because of ironically what he had least control of - the pandemic.

Yeah, the one thing he really got right in this pandemic was vaccines. He pushed to get them going from the jump (and if you listen to the interview, he himself developed 3 vaccines, just picture him in his lab coat)

He's always been pro vaccine, just unfortunate he wasn't more vocal about it a year ago,

Yeah, the one thing he really got right in this pandemic was vaccines. He pushed to get them going from the jump (and if you listen to the interview, he himself developed 3 vaccines, just picture him in his lab coat)

He's always been pro vaccine, just unfortunate he wasn't more vocal about it a year ago,

His ego.

He's pissed for not getting credit for the one thing he got right in his pandemic response.

And has been said - let him have it. Honestly. Let him have it. It's better for all of us.

In our federal system, divided government is healthy and a good position to find ourselves in whenever voters have gone for it.

In our federal system, divided government is healthy and a good position to find ourselves in whenever voters have gone for it.

For certain perspectives I agree. Especially social ones (public health probably mixes social and scientific). Other avenues of government are better led federally when they require orchestration. For example, we don’t need state weather programs when global weather modeling systems and meteorological observation systems are only affordable by maybe one state, if that.

i'm enjoying the latest Trumpworld talking point on Jan 6 that Peter Navarro is peddling around.

Actually guys the attack on the Capitol wasn't part of an organized coup. You see - the organized coup was actually supposed to have been done by republican members of Congress. The riot actually prevented it from happening. So totally not our fault.

We totes would have gotten away with it if not for those meddling kids.

The Democrats verbalize that they want people to take January 6th very seriously, but then they take no action to hold anyone accountable, and then make their big stars of the day yesterday Dick Cheney and Lin-Manuel Miranda.

U.S. plans to discuss missile deployments with Russia as part of effort to defuse Ukraine crisis
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...b5874e-6ff6-11ec-974b-d1c6de8b26b0_story.html

Negotiators for the United States are planning to show up to talks with their Russian counterparts Monday with proposals to discuss the placement of missiles and scope of military exercises in Europe, according to people familiar with the plans.

The White House is looking to test whether Moscow is serious about ending the Ukraine crisis through diplomacy or is making unworkable demands as a delay tactic or pretext for a new invasion.

The bilateral talks in Geneva — with Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman leading the U.S. delegation and Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov serving as lead representative for the Russians — come as Moscow continues to mass forces and materiel on the border with Ukraine, threatening to take military measures if Washington and its allies fail to address the Kremlin’s security concerns.

.........“The way the Russians think, there’s only one venue that matters to them and it’s the bilateral one,” said a U.S. government official specializing in Russian affairs who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the issue’s sensitivity. “The rest, from their point of view, is decoration.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom