Glenn Beck Has A Dream - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #281
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Wasn't I talking about a Fairness Doctrine on the Radio?

Isn't that what we're talking about?

This idea of net neutrality will never work.

And as far as the New Deal Fairness Doctrine, where is it?

Why isn't there anything beyond Sept of 2009 about this "New Deal Fairness Doctrine"?


Would it be to hard to ask that you look for yourself? I also said " there are 1,000's of others. Please feel free to browse for yourself. 2 is more than enough. if you want more, pease feel free.. They were pick radmomly BTW

The Fairness Docterine concept, is not media specific, or limited to media. Read the book. It is interesting.

Also , if it were me, and I had Rush, Beck and whoever all over me about it, I might think he would be smart enough to tone it down if he really wants it to happen. MY opinion is if they have to pass policy to get thier own ideas across to disinterested people. That says a lot

I think the answer would be have programs that actually people are interested. If people liked Air America, then it would sill be here
pretty simple

I think his book covers it all. Maybe take some time to read it?
__________________

Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #282
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Would it be to hard to ask that you look for yourself? I also said " there are 1,000's of others. Please feel free to browse for yourself. 2 is more than enough. if you want more, pease feel free.. They were pick radmomly BTW

The Fairness Docterine concept, is not media specific, or limited to media. Read the book. It is interesting.

Also , if it were me, and I had Rush, Beck and whoever all over me about it, I might think he would be smart enough to tone it down if he really wants it to happen. MY opinion is if they have to pass policy to get thier own ideas across to disinterested people. That says a lot

I think the answer would be have programs that actually people are interested. If people liked Air America, then it would sill be here
pretty simple

I think his book covers it all. Maybe take some time to read it?
I DID look that's why I pointed out that there are no articles after that that state anything about it, and if they do they all cite the same source, seems a little suspicious to me.

Have you ever thought that maybe Air America failed because that portion of the population don't need a preach to the choir type of mentality

Most liberals I know, don't like liberal outlets.

Maybe it's that they value intellectual curiosity a little more

And who's book are you talking about Glenn's?
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #283
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well, we'll just leave it up to those reading these boards as to how you try and make Glenn sound.

From everything I've read, you make it sound like he's just short of a god.
"you make it sound like he's just short of a god." Here we go again. I make him sound like he is a God?

I have no idea what a God sounds like , so how could I make him sound like one. Could I make God sound like anything ?


All I am saying is Glenn Beck is a very likeable person,he is a good man, he has many, many friends, of all shapes and sizes. You can disagree with someones Politics , and still like people. Nobody, especially me, or more so him, "MAKES him a God

People discuss, debate, and disagree every day, I don't understand the Hate. it's either Hate, truly, or being afraid of something.

I think it is totally disrespectfull to call people Tea-Baggers. Yet, I see it all over this site.

To me , it is no different that any other names we all know and find wrong. Where I come from, it's wrong.

disagree with someone, no problem. Normal people do it everyday. Just walk away at the end of the day, and start over.
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #284
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
"you make it sound like he's just short of a god." Here we go again. I make him sound like he is a God?

I have no idea what a God sounds like , so how could I make him sound like one. Could I make God sound like anything ?


All I am saying is Glenn Beck is a very likeable person,he is a good man, he has many, many friends, of all shapes and sizes. You can disagree with someones Politics , and still like people. Nobody, especially me, or more so him, "MAKES him a God

People discuss, debate, and disagree every day, I don't understand the Hate. it's either Hate, truly, or being afraid of something.

I think it is totally disrespectfull to call people Tea-Baggers. Yet, I see it all over this site.

To me , it is no different that any other names we all know and find wrong. Where I come from, it's wrong.

disagree with someone, no problem. Normal people do it everyday. Just walk away at the end of the day, and start over.
Where did you see any hate in my posts? You can't attempt to call me out on stretching and then do so yourself.

When I see someone hold a blantantly racist sign I call them a Tea Bagger, you know why? Because they deserve it, they're scum.

When I see someone manipulate history and call this "their country" I will call them a Tea Bagger, why? Because they deserve it, they're misinformed scum.

When you can't discuss the policies and in turn develop cultural wars then you're going to get called a Tea Bagger.

If you can hold those beliefs without doing this then I'll call you a Tea Partier.

It only seems fair
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #285
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Where did you see any hate in my posts? You can't attempt to call me out on stretching and then do so yourself.

When I see someone hold a blantantly racist sign I call them a Tea Bagger, you know why? Because they deserve it, they're scum.

When I see someone manipulate history and call this "their country" I will call them a Tea Bagger, why? Because they deserve it, they're misinformed scum.

When you can't discuss the policies and in turn develop cultural wars then you're going to get called a Tea Bagger.

If you can hold those beliefs without doing this then I'll call you a Tea Partier.

It only seems fair
So you question Tea Party's members Patriotism?


That's out of line dude. And if all this is equal, it is against the board policy. this isnt essentially.

You have no discussion. round and round and round and round .

But I am glad you wrote it
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #286
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
So you question Tea Party's members Patriotism?


That's out of line dude. And if all this is equal, it is against the board policy. this isnt essentially.

You have no discussion. round and round and round and round .

But I am glad you wrote it
Where did you get any of this from my post?

Especially when I specifically said this:

Quote:
If you can hold those beliefs without doing this then I'll call you a Tea Partier.
Baffling...

Just when I thought you were starting to engage in real discussion.

Bye
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #287
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Where did you get any of this from my post?

Especially when I specifically said this:



Baffling...

Just when I thought you were starting to engage in real discussion.

Bye
I said, I object to the term Tea Bagger in regards to Americans who hav a different view.

If I undertand the term Tea Baggers correctly ( I didnt engage in the activity in University) what it represents is nothing good.It is a derrogatory term. In MY opinion.

My Grandmother, at 92, I assure you didn't particpate in Tea "Bagging" at any point of her life.

Is that too much to ask?

I believe this group of people are called the Tea Party. Like the Democratic Party, Reupblican Party etc.

Surely we can have discusssions without it.
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #288
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Where did you get any of this from my post?

Especially when I specifically said this:



Baffling...

Just when I thought you were starting to engage in real discussion.

Bye
PS If you would like to debate Beck tomorrow. Can be arrainged. Let me know. Maybe the next day, depending what he is doing on Radio. It would be no problem.
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,892
Local Time: 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Pretty much!
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:03 PM   #290
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post

Surely we can have discusssions without it.
And surely we can both understand a very vocal percentage of this "party" engage is racism, homophobic rants, and cultural wars.

This percentage is what's wrong with the movement. This percentage are tea baggers, because they CHOOSE to hate.

This percentage is why Glenn asked them not to carry signs at the next rally.

Next time you should read my post.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #291
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
And surely we can both understand a very vocal percentage of this "party" engage is racism, homophobic rants, and cultural wars.

This percentage is what's wrong with the movement. This percentage are tea baggers, because they CHOOSE to hate.

This percentage is why Glenn asked them not to carry signs at the next rally.

Next time you should read my post.



BVS,

Please post racism, homophobic rants quotes by Tea Party members.

Please post facts about this "hatred."
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #292
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
BVS,

Please post racism, homophobic rants quotes by Tea Party members.

Please post facts about this "hatred."
Iron Horse you started a thread about the Tea Party and backed out when we started to post this evidence. Why should I do it again?

There is a whole thread, should be easy to find you started it.

If not there's this one:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...-s-196803.html

If you don't see it, then I don't know what to say.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #293
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Iron Horse you started a thread about the Tea Party and backed out when we started to post this evidence. Why should I do it again?

There is a whole thread, should be easy to find you started it.

If not there's this one:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...-s-196803.html

If you don't see it, then I don't know what to say.


It's hard to see anything with all the hyperbole.
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #294
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,349
Local Time: 12:09 AM
BVS and Benji please let it go if you cant agree and get that frustrated with each other. PM's were sent to you both.
__________________
Sicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #295
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
It's hard to see anything with all the hyperbole.
Then I feel sorry for you.

I think your background is different from some of ours, I remember during the election you saying that racism wasn't a problem in the backwoods south, even after watching several videos of rednecks saying they wouldn't vote for Obama because he was a nigger. You tried to make a claim that it was higher in the cities.

I think a part of you might be somewhat immune to it.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:59 PM   #296
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,058
Local Time: 03:09 AM
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #297
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Then I feel sorry for you.

I think your background is different from some of ours, I remember during the election you saying that racism wasn't a problem in the backwoods south, even after watching several videos of rednecks saying they wouldn't vote for Obama because he was a nigger. You tried to make a claim that it was higher in the cities.

I think a part of you might be somewhat immune to it.




Please post (and quote me) where I said anything about racism and rednecks in the backwoods South.
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #298
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:09 AM
http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ed-194503.html
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #299
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
And surely we can both understand a very vocal percentage of this "party" engage is racism, homophobic rants, and cultural wars.

This percentage is what's wrong with the movement. This percentage are tea baggers, because they CHOOSE to hate.

This percentage is why Glenn asked them not to carry signs at the next rally.

Next time you should read my post.
ever been to one? Like a national one?

BTW when I heard( saw) the lewis things, He wasn't spit on, and admits it. John Lewis was my rep for 14 years. He is a good man, and even he doesnt use Tea Baggers. He has more class than that.

I restate that Tea Baggers is a derogatory statement , that has no business in the discussion.

Lets see how things work. Essentially.
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:47 AM   #300
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,620
Local Time: 02:09 AM
Some much needed levity

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
God bless you.
__________________

Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I had a Dream Justin24 Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 8 04-13-2006 06:44 PM
I had the strangest, most uncomforting dream Danospano Zoo Confessionals 12 03-01-2004 09:24 AM
What did you dream last night? Idaho Lemonade Stand Archive 46 09-22-2003 06:52 PM
Dream killer scatteroflight Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 7 08-14-2001 01:06 PM
When the Night Arrives (David Dream 1) UpwiththeSun Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 0 06-08-2001 02:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×