Which bass...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack In The Box

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
...plays Adam in Gloria video (and in a part of Red Rocks concert)?

someone knows (model, etc.)?

thanks

I haven't watched the Red Rocks video for a while but unless my memory has failed me he uses the same 60's Fender Precision which I believe he's still playing now (though he's changed the neck from a standard P-bass neck to a Telecaster neck because he prefers slimmer necks than those normally found on P-basses. His other P-basses have Jazz necks). He also uses a Japanese bass (possibly an Aria or Ibanez, can't remember now, that Edge also uses on "40". The second bass was still in use on the UF tour (it can be heard on the live version of "Homecoming") but I don't think it's been out since... could be wrong of course. These days he uses the P-bass above along with one or two other P-basses with Jazz necks and a number of Jazzes, including one by Lakland, all of which can be seen on the Boston concert video. He may use other stuff in the studio (I think he has a couple of Gibson basses which crop up in various videos and pictures and others too, including the yellow Popmart bass which was used only on that tour) but Fender-type basses of various types are his main live basses. He presently uses a custom rig rated at around 2000w from Ashdown for live amplification and a 500W 4 x 10" Ashdown combo for recording.

Hope that helps,

Mick

Back
Top Bottom