Tunings (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackemlad

The Fly
I know the subject of tunings for live performances has cropped on here a few times.

However, I found something very interesting on Saturday that had me running to get my strat.

I was watching the vertigo dvd, strumming along casually in a semi drunken state to most of the songs.

I knew SBS was a full tone lower, so I had fun transposing that on my accoustic which ia tuned to concert pitch.

Next came Pride again tuned a full tone lower (I thought it was a semi tone as it usually is). Again i played along just shifting everything down two frets.

Then came streets. I was sure this wouldbe a semi tone lower than concert pitch as that is the way they have always played it since the Joshua Tree tour.
So I started to play the into riff one fret lower than it is supposed to be.Then total astonishment when I realised it was in standard concert pitch.

I know have a live version of streets I can play along to without detuning my guitar every time.

Totally dumbfounded I was. Just when you think you have sussed out there tunings they change things around and surprise you.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom