new album U2 clips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mick3b1g

Acrobat
Ive already see theres alot of covers of Boots on youtube..Amazing.. I decided to cover a song not released yet. I checked out the U2.com session vids and fell in love with this one so i recorded it with a Gretsch and M13 using my eBow. I really hope whatever it is makes it on the album..Anyways check it out before it gets pulled :)

YouTube - U2 No Line on the horizon unreleased clip (me playing)

Mick

Ive already see theres alot of covers of Boots on youtube..Amazing.. I decided to cover a song not released yet. I checked out the U2.com session vids and fell in love with this one so i recorded it with a Gretsch and M13 using my eBow. I really hope whatever it is makes it on the album..Anyways check it out before it gets pulled :)

YouTube - U2 No Line on the horizon unreleased clip (me playing)

Mick

Mick -

Holy rubber dogshit, that is hauntingly beautiful!

Sir, you must please share the set-up on how you got those sounds.

1. Gretsch
2. M13 using Ebow (M13 settings?)
3. Amp set-up / settings (bass, mid, treble, reverb, etc.)?
4. Do you have a tab?
5. Layering, what did you use? Looping?

Please share, I would love to emulate that sound and put myself into that U2phoria! I've got an Epiphone-Les Paul Standard model, Line6 Pod X3 Live, and a Vox AC30. If I cannot do it using the Line6 Pod X3 Live, then I'm going out and buying the M13. :hyper:

I can also be reached at readyforthegridlock@yahoo.com

Thanks..naa i dont have a tab. I used the m13 but really anything with a mod delay will work. I suppose you could do it on a looper as it just repeats but i multitracked it. its 3 or 4 tracks. I first played the basic chords,then i layered ebow tracks on top..each play a different line so together its all harmonized. Edges version has Eno and Lanois. Im guessing Eno is playing some piano type thing (childs piano) and lanois is prob on a lap steel while Edge is ebowing away. I run into a vox. its really pretty easy. Its just etheral with the eBow and the layering

M

Thanks..naa i dont have a tab. I used the m13 but really anything with a mod delay will work. I suppose you could do it on a looper as it just repeats but i multitracked it. its 3 or 4 tracks. I first played the basic chords,then i layered ebow tracks on top..each play a different line so together its all harmonized. Edges version has Eno and Lanois. Im guessing Eno is playing some piano type thing (childs piano) and lanois is prob on a lap steel while Edge is ebowing away. I run into a vox. its really pretty easy. Its just etheral with the eBow and the layering

M

M

What is the natural finish Strat? Looks like the finish was removed? (ala Rory Gallagher?)

finish is long gone. That guitar has been with me a long time High school days. its a 57 RI strat I think i got it mid 80s or whenever they came out

actually no. I have some pups i partially unwound myself on that guitar. i do own 2 79 strats both with Kinmans though. I have tri colored sunburst EJ strat too i may throw kinmans in soon too

m

Back
Top Bottom