new album U2 clips - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:16 AM
new album U2 clips

Ive already see theres alot of covers of Boots on youtube..Amazing.. I decided to cover a song not released yet. I checked out the U2.com session vids and fell in love with this one so i recorded it with a Gretsch and M13 using my eBow. I really hope whatever it is makes it on the album..Anyways check it out before it gets pulled

Mick

mick3b1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:16 PM
Very nice.. some members have already commented on it here.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...os-192680.html

Old 02-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick3b1g View Post
Ive already see theres alot of covers of Boots on youtube..Amazing.. I decided to cover a song not released yet. I checked out the U2.com session vids and fell in love with this one so i recorded it with a Gretsch and M13 using my eBow. I really hope whatever it is makes it on the album..Anyways check it out before it gets pulled

Mick

Mick -

Holy rubber dogshit, that is hauntingly beautiful!

Sir, you must please share the set-up on how you got those sounds.

1. Gretsch
2. M13 using Ebow (M13 settings?)
3. Amp set-up / settings (bass, mid, treble, reverb, etc.)?
4. Do you have a tab?
5. Layering, what did you use? Looping?

Please share, I would love to emulate that sound and put myself into that U2phoria! I've got an Epiphone-Les Paul Standard model, Line6 Pod X3 Live, and a Vox AC30. If I cannot do it using the Line6 Pod X3 Live, then I'm going out and buying the M13.

I can also be reached at readyforthegridlock@yahoo.com
RFTGRIDLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
Acrobat

Thanks..naa i dont have a tab. I used the m13 but really anything with a mod delay will work. I suppose you could do it on a looper as it just repeats but i multitracked it. its 3 or 4 tracks. I first played the basic chords,then i layered ebow tracks on top..each play a different line so together its all harmonized. Edges version has Eno and Lanois. Im guessing Eno is playing some piano type thing (childs piano) and lanois is prob on a lap steel while Edge is ebowing away. I run into a vox. its really pretty easy. Its just etheral with the eBow and the layering

M
Old 02-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Acrobat

Thanks..naa i dont have a tab. I used the m13 but really anything with a mod delay will work. I suppose you could do it on a looper as it just repeats but i multitracked it. its 3 or 4 tracks. I first played the basic chords,then i layered ebow tracks on top..each play a different line so together its all harmonized. Edges version has Eno and Lanois. Im guessing Eno is playing some piano type thing (childs piano) and lanois is prob on a lap steel while Edge is ebowing away. I run into a vox. its really pretty easy. Its just etheral with the eBow and the layering

M
Old 02-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

M
What is the natural finish Strat? Looks like the finish was removed? (ala Rory Gallagher?)
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
Acrobat

finish is long gone. That guitar has been with me a long time High school days. its a 57 RI strat I think i got it mid 80s or whenever they came out
Old 02-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
finish is long gone. That guitar has been with me a long time High school days. its a 57 RI strat I think i got it mid 80s or whenever they came out
Ah yes, you've mentioned that guitar on U2 Rec. Kinman pickups?
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
Acrobat

actually no. I have some pups i partially unwound myself on that guitar. i do own 2 79 strats both with Kinmans though. I have tri colored sunburst EJ strat too i may throw kinmans in soon too

m