Guitar Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im not sure, and whats more interesting is that i've never seen Edge actually play an acoustic with that slim body, of course apart from the Line 6 Variax.

I found this website, which gives a link to all of his Guitar and gear he uses/used. But there doesn't seem to be anything like this here :down:

Washburn Woodstock (model) Festival Acoustic (series). The thicker body tobacco one that he used live was an EA-40. I'm not sure what the model number was for the thinner one, off the top of my head.

I found this website, which gives a link to all of his Guitar and gear he uses/used. But there doesn't seem to be anything like this here :down:

The site cited seems to have some incorrect information. Just sayin'. I've never seen any evidence of Edge playing a Gibson Byrdland, for example. Many of the pictures they listed are not even of the same guitar listed. Anywho...

Has he ever played the Fender Jaguar?

I have not seen him play it at a show. I've only seen him play it in the the video of him at Rudy's (when he bought it), the "Electrical Storm" video...

edgeantonelectricalstorm.jpg

telecaster_black.jpg

...and I have some HTDAAB era photos of him with it in the studio. I don't remember if he used that for a promo performance or those were just promo photos.

band-studio-2004-1.jpg

That said, he has at least two Fender Jaguars. He has the Lake Placid Blue and a white one. There is a picture of the white one on a guitar stand in the U2 Show book. (Don't have a scan of it available here at work)

That last photo is from U2's recording of the cover of "Tower of Song" with Leonard Cohen. So he did actually use the guitar. Bono changed from guitar to keyboards for the real performance and Edge changed to I think it was the Epiphone? Don't remember what guitar it was exactly.

Back
Top Bottom