What Kind Of Fan Are You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Optimist Or Pessimist?

• The Glass Is Half Full; Early 2009 Release date, Tour starts before the Winter

Votes: 211 80.2%
  • The Glass Is Half Empty; Late 2009 Release date; Tour doesn't start until 2010

Votes: 52 19.8%

• Total voters
Clearly the answer is releasing it on New Year's Day.

Can I tell ya that I thought that would be a great idea!

Trouble is that albums don't get released on Thursdays and to my best recollection no major albums have been released DURING the actual week of Christmas and New Years because its pretty dumb to do so considering most people do their shopping in the weeks prior.

But still a pretty cool idea I have to say! :applaud:

How are you sure? Have you heard it?

Well in his defense, there are more than enough official interviews with the band members that pretty much point to the fact they have basically finished the album a while ago and are just pining over the details.

So I second the thought of just releasing the damn thing.

Can I tell ya that I thought that would be a great idea!

Trouble is that albums don't get released on Thursdays and to my best recollection no major albums have been released DURING the actual week of Christmas and New Years because its pretty dumb to do so considering most people do their shopping in the weeks prior.

But still a pretty cool idea I have to say! :applaud:
eh Radiohead, In Rainbows :wink:

Isn't this the first official announcement coming from U2.com? I would think that would mean it should be considered more accurate.
see, here's the thing. it's a typo. bono said 89 would be their year. rumour was rattle and hum would be delayed, and they just now got around to reporting this. :doh:

though personally, i'd rather have a new album in 09. it'd be more likely i'd be in a town they'd actually come to by then :shh:

I just wanted to say how much I love this thread title. :yes:

The only problem is the title promises a thread so much more fun than this one actually is. I was really hoping to find out just what kind of fans we all are. :sad:

(it would be even more fun if we got to post what kind of fans we think other posters are, :evil: but I think that kind of thread would be closed down mighty damned quick. :D )

The only problem is the title promises a thread so much more fun than this one actually is. I was really hoping to find out just what kind of fans we all are. :sad:

(it would be even more fun if we got to post what kind of fans we think other posters are, :evil: but I think that kind of thread would be closed down mighty damned quick. :D )

I'd love a thread like that.

I nominate myself for the prat award.

I completely believed Edge was telling the truth......from his perspective in JULY. There was plenty of reasons to scoff at that interview, the major one being that information in magazines is always outdated. But no, Edge is always the frank one, much more so than Bono, and I believed him, but just figured that what he was saying was irrelevant to the here and now.

And even back in July (aka the month when both Adam and Lanois said they were basically done with the album) there were divided opinions on a pre- or post- Christmas release. In light of Bono's most recent comments, that sounds very relevant.

Given Edge's hype on the last two albums and his guitar comment on Bomb, he can be just as full of it as Bono.

And even back in July (aka the month when both Adam and Lanois said they were basically done with the album) there were divided opinions on a pre- or post- Christmas release. In light of Bono's most recent comments, that sounds very relevant.

Given Edge's hype on the last two albums and his guitar comment on Bomb, he can be just as full of it as Bono.

lol true , edge said bomb was their rock record lol its like their most pop(safe) album yet.

What was his guitar comment on bomb?? Don't tell me Edge is now also confessing his unfortunate flamability

"My playing has been fairly minimalistic over the years. This time I tried to find out what a guitar can do in a rock band, really push it."

And yet Bomb features the most conservative playing of his career.

Are you knocking my thread? What did my thread ever do to you huh? :madwife:

RESPECT THE THREAD PEOPLE!! :angry:

wow, 3-1 for optimism... Mel you're going to have a lot of people to say "I told you so" to come November :wink:

Optimistic. Album Jan-Mar 2009. I wish we can have a single in Nov-Dec but its unlikely.

I have this strange feeling that we'll get a double album!:huh: :hyper: :love:

Because of all those songs U2 are making in the studio! was over 60 was it? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom