The Favorite NLOTH song poll! Which song will win?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song is your favorite?

• No Line On The Horizon

Votes: 36 5.4%
  • Magnificient

Votes: 211 31.8%
  • Moment Of Surrender

Votes: 133 20.0%
  • Unknown Caller

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Get On Your Boots

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Stand Up Comedy

Votes: 27 4.1%
  • Fez-Being Born

Votes: 30 4.5%
  • White As Snow

Votes: 18 2.7%
  • Breathe

Votes: 69 10.4%
  • Cedars Of Lebanon

Votes: 14 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Boots and NLOTH were hurt by early listening. NLOTH1 is too good of a track to have that few votes. This whole album is pretty fantastic though. I voted for Magnificent but Fez-Being Born is starting to really blow my mind. Great, great track. Perfect combination of past and future.

The songs are all (maybe except GOYB) so great that it is for me incredibly difficult to pick a favorite song. Twist my arm and I go for Moment of Surrender but they are all incredible. The boys are back in town:drool:.

All the songs are amazing, I don't have a permanent favourite, but right now my favourite song would have to be Stand Up Comedy, already underrated and full of Edge and Larry.

To me its a Discotheque/Bullet The Blue Sky fusion. :up:

Tough choices, but I'd have to go with Cedars of Lebanon. Very few things U2 have written come close to the sheer brilliance of that song, IMO. (apart from NLOTH, MOS, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, SUC, WAS...)

Just because its U2 sounding doesn't make it bad and bland, its also gots some new stuffs in there. :wink:

Ouch, GOYB is getting slaughtered. I almost feel sorry enough to vote for it....

...but, then again, it's not my favourite song on the album. I voted for Unknown Caller.

Boots needs a hug. :hug:

So do the two people that voted for it. Its still a good song though.

But why they thought GOYB should be the first single is a mystery. Stand Up Comedy would have been a very good choice. That song is heavy.

I'm late but I love the first 3 songs. Right now I'm really into A Moment of Surrender. "Ill go crazy..." has been getting reamed in the press, but I'm loving that one.

Boots sounds really out of place on the record- its weird. I like the song though, but it'd have been better of being a Fast Cars style bonus track or something cause it just comes out of no where...

Actually I'm a little surprised at all the love of Unknown Caller...lyrics don't really do it for me on the first 3 listens. Gonna have to repeat that one....

I went with MOS a few days ago. No regrets. I am still completely suprised with myself that I went with a slower number on an album that feature a lot of great rock tunes.
I honestly believe that Magnificent and MOS are about to be immortalized U2 classics that define the band and their careers. They, alone, could carry this album for the masses, so the more experimental side of U2 has a chance to grow.

I really love Magnificent not just because it's so beautiful but because it's the first really U2 sounding song that has the potential to be a huge song on the radio for quite some time..
Every single in the last decade have had U2 bits in it but this song is completely U2

woo hoo! :drool: :drool: :hyper: :hyper: :wave: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom