misprint in NLOTH booklet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacvbo

The Fly
Sorry if this has been brought out, couldn't find anything.

Did anyone notice the lyrics to Moment of Surrender from the booklet, on the last line:

"Of vision of over visibility"

Sorry if this has been brought out, couldn't find anything.

Did anyone notice the lyrics to Moment of Surrender from the booklet, on the last line:

"Of vision of over visibility"

Mine has the same mistake.

Unique packaging! I guess we'll know who bought it near release in 10 years' time.

Cedars of lebanon has "unholy thoughts reflected in a minorette"

Now, I don't know what a minorette is, but I am sure they meant "minaret" instead.

And IGCIIDGCT has 'Pity the nation that will listen to your boys and girls'... I think it should be 'won't' instead of 'will'?

Also in Cedars the last line...it says...Gonna Last With You Longer Than Your Friend , instead of Friends:D ( digipack )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Yep. All in my booklet too. Also, does anyone else find it annoying that the lyrics to SUC are on top of black and white pics of the band, making it nearly impossible to read. Why would you do that!?:huh:

Now, I don't know what a minorette is, but I am sure they meant "minaret" instead.

I've heard this mentioned before - quite embarrassing - unless it was intentional?

Most likely not though I think.

Yep. All in my booklet too. Also, does anyone else find it annoying that the lyrics to SUC are on top of black and white pics of the band, making it nearly impossible to read. Why would you do that!?:huh:

Yeah, I noticed the misprints, too.

And I'm also annoyed about the SUC lyrics, you can hardly read them.

I prefer the CD booklet from the box set, it's so much more beautiful, I like the hologram effects with the lyrics and everything is so much easier to read.

Maybe it's all part of the if you spend so much time finding misprints in tiny lettering in a CD booklet, it's time to get a hobby.... :wink:

Can't they afford someone who does proper proof reading?

Heck, they could have hired me, I'm doing this all the time. Though my native language isn't English, I'm sure I could have done a better job.

Wow. Someone should be fired. A bit embarrassing for such a big band.

I'm not surprised. It's a reflection of the quality of employees working for the record companies that is partly (if not wholly) to blame for the overall demise of the entire industry.

This could have been added to the thread that we had weeks ago describing the overall sloppiness we've seen with this record release. It's blunder after blunder.

Aardvark747: Yep. All in my booklet too. Also, does anyone else find it annoying that the lyrics to SUC are on top of black and white pics of the band, making it nearly impossible to read. Why would you do that!?
yes its pretty annoying and the guys at Four5°One did nearly the same idiotic thing with NLOTH... maybe its arty?:sexywink: but i can't believe that the U2 supervisors give the greenlight for stupid things like this:down:

Can't they afford someone who does proper proof reading?

Heck, they could have hired me, I'm doing this all the time. Though my native language isn't English, I'm sure I could have done a better job.

U2 are in it for the money only:down:

and they are doing a pretty good job might I add lol

It was probably put together by the same lazy fuckers that run the website. Then again, isn't it Larry's job to makes sure the band's merchandise keeps to a certain standard?

Someone over in the lyrics forum said that the lyrics for MOS in the iTunes digital booklet read:

"counting down till the Pentecost"

instead of how it's sung on the album:

"counting down till the pain would stop"

However, my guess is this is more of an insight into Bono's choices of lyrical development rather than some misprint or misinterpretation by a third party. In other words, the band inadvertantly submitted an earlier copy of the lyric than was used on the final cut.

Someone over in the lyrics forum said that the lyrics for MOS in the iTunes digital booklet read:

"counting down till the Pentecost"

instead of how it's sung on the album:

"counting down till the pain would stop"

However, my guess is this is more of an insight into Bono's choices of lyrical development rather than some misprint or misinterpretation by a third party. In other words, the band inadvertantly submitted an earlier copy of the lyric than was used on the final cut.

yea, I was wondering about that one. I kept hearing "pain would stop" and I was shocked when it said pentacost in the booklet, although pentacost would have been kind of cool as well

It's ridiculous that the band themselves, Bono specifically, didn't take the time to personally look at the fucking liner notes to their own fucking album and see that there were multiple errors in the printed lyrics. Jesus. That shit is pathetic and lazy. Seriously. You'd think you'd want to look at something that you're going to be mass-producing and selling to literally millions of your loyal fans. C'mon guys, be proud of the piece of art you just made and make sure it isn't riddled with errors.

It's ridiculous that the band themselves, Bono specifically, didn't take the time to personally look at the fucking liner notes to their own fucking album and see that there were multiple errors in the printed lyrics. Jesus. That shit is pathetic and lazy. Seriously. You'd think you'd want to look at something that you're going to be mass-producing and selling to literally millions of your loyal fans. C'mon guys, be proud of the piece of art you just made and make sure it isn't riddled with errors.

:up: Chris Martin would have never made that mistake :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom