MERGED ----> New Album Update! + BONO: 'U2 Fans will feel difference on new album'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
giddyap said:

:eyebrow:

I'd say 4 months

Remembering that this is the U2 of the 2000's not the 80's.

Its a Summer Olympics year....don't they coinside with U2 album releases?

2000-Sydney/ATYCLB
2004-Athens/HTDAAB
2008-Beijing/???

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:

Remembering that this is the U2 of the 2000's not the 80's.

Its a Summer Olympics year....don't they coinside with U2 album releases?

2000-Sydney/ATYCLB
2004-Athens/HTDAAB
2008-Beijing/???

by decade sorta

JT - 3/87
POP - 3/97
Molten Metal - 3/08

:wink:

phillyfan26 said:
I think dance influence and actual dance music are two different things.

The only music U2 has ever had that has been successful in dance: Mysterious Ways and Discotheque.

Even Better Than The Real Thing (#12, then #8 with the dance remix at the UK)?

Edge spins me right round, baby
right round like a record, baby
Right round round round

Now that's a dance tune!
:wink:

he didnt say shit about a double album, the telephone game is running rampant in here. i swear it said clear as could be, "two albums"

Irvine511 said:
while we got this update in another thread, just re-reading Bono's comments, it seems like they actually want to put out a double album, or at least two albums (i.e., Use Your Illusion). seems like he's saying they'll do a double album just so long as it meets their standards.

sounds good to me.

To me, he's actually saying they'll only put out one album of the cream of the crop. "We have enough for two albums, but it has to be extraordinary." That seems to me like an album now of the best and then great leftovers for b-sides or the next album down the road.

The article quoted shows how Bono quotes get taken way out of context, create wrong expectations of the album, and then get Bono slagged by wannabe-funny fans down the road. A Bono hyperbole of "Edge is playing molten metal" becomes a headline of "U2 album inspired by metal." :tsk:

Actually, he said enough material for two albums, which is what they had for JT but they only did the one album and used some of the other songs for b-sides, so we could be looking at something like that again.

Dana

The thing that will realllly make me believe, and get excited about, THIS pre-album hype, is that they spent time in Morocco. AND they're working with the dream team, AND they're working with Rick Rubin.

The myriad possible combinations of the above leads me to believe that they really have, or are about to have, something very special.

Not to be a doomsayer or anything, but if they're to put something mind blowing out before they quit, there is no better time than now. Try something radical again before exiting with something great, but more traditional.

Or something.

Zootlesque said:

Yes. At least, that's what it sounds like. But like LMPA said, I'll believe it when I hear it!

The skepticism is wise indeed. Not that I would go so far as to say that "Bono is full of shit" as many say on a regular basis, it's just that it's terrible to build up these amazingly high expectations which nothing can really live up to. And of course it's waaaaaaay more difficult to please us, the die hards, because not only do we constantly analyze their entire career's work on a daily basis and thus judge everything new through that filter of knowing intimately how good they've been, but simply we will have been waiting for SO LONG.

The pressure it is a-buildin'.... :wink:

I hope they come out with something that is totally left field and unexpected. And if that means staying quiet about it (or us disregarding it when they do say something), then so be it!

U2 metal. hehe. :rockon:

Well at least Bono is already halfway there singing about "souls" all the time.

I was really excited when I first read this, but then I realized that Bono said it, and that his words most likely don't mean anything.

Back
Top Bottom