Larry speaks about new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "10 reasons to exist" thing is really getting out of hand :(

And I wouldn't bother reading NME, the WORST music magazine when it comes to U2, a band that is hated by NME more than any other band, even many of their readers think it's too much. NME does, of course, give an extra negative spin to the story.

Of all the titles in the world this record could possibly be called, the one we know it definitely won't be called is "10 Reasons to Exist".

And I'm really hoping that since U2 has left their 00's "phase" and moved onto the next one (presumably) that they drop the wordy album titles. A return to just three or even one words would be most welcome. That seemed to work out OK for them in the past.

In fact I were them I'd call the next record U2 and be done with it.

One of the comments on the Huff Post article got my attention with this paragraph...

What scares me most about this album is that Danger Mouse is the producer. This just looks like a desperate attempt by them to stay relevant with the bubble gum pop crowd. I wish that they would just act their age and work with producers that will get them somewhere. All I ask is for them to hire Rick Rubin again. The one song (Windows in the Skies) that they made with Rubin was an amazing track.

Hold the fort here... Danger Mouse is bubble gum?? What does that make will.i.am. then?!

WITS is about as "bubble gum pop" as U2 tends to get
lol I was about to say... I mean, you really can't complain about U2 trying to appeal to the masses w/ a "bubblegum pop" sound, and then say you want more stuff like WitS :scratch:

But whatever, I have no problem trying some of that Danger Mouse gum.

What scares me most about this album is that Danger Mouse is the producer. This just looks like a desperate attempt by them to stay relevant with the bubble gum pop crowd. I wish that they would just act their age and work with producers that will get them somewhere. All I ask is for them to hire Rick Rubin again. The one song (Windows in the Skies) that they made with Rubin was an amazing track.

tumblr_makerflcEf1qzlkx7o3_250.gif

He sounds like a cartoon character---->kids love cartoon characters---->U2 is trying to stay relevant with the kids

One of the comments on the Huff Post article got my attention with this paragraph...

Hold the fort here... Danger Mouse is bubble gum?? What does that make will.i.am. then?!

ASAP Rocky, The Black Keys, Norah Jones, Gorillaz, Beck, these are all bubble gum pop. Duh.

Now THAT would build to their productivity! Without all the yakking and world saving, they might finally get to writing songs.

:shifty: We could do with a couple more songs with Edge on lead...

Um no. A record without Bono on vocals is NOT a U2 record for me, period.

And I totally think that the band is used to Bono dropping in and out when they're recording. He's done his own stuff for so many years now and everyone in the band has said they are creative (maybe sometimes even more creative) in spite of him not being there all the time.

The 3rd person thing is interesting, but then again, he's talked like that before. Maybe it helps to keep a certain distance to things. Or maybe Bono has indeed separated from the personality that still is part of the band. With all these characters inside a single person, I'm sure you must get in some kind of trouble sooner or later :wink:

U2: 'We Don't Care If The New Album Takes 10 Years'

http://www.nme.com/news/u2/68207

He added: "They’re mad for it at the moment and they really want to make a new record. And they don’t care if it takes 10 years – they don’t care if it never happens again, they just want to get it right. Within the band we’ve been calling it '10 Reasons To Exist' – but I will tell you we might have at least six of them."

Back
Top Bottom