Is this not a "Bono" record?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although I feel it's more of a full-band effort (a U2 record), Bono's voice is definitely the most surprising thing I found on the album. Edge I knew would bring it, Larry is just rocking the hell out of his kit, and Adam is holding his own which is great because sometimes he just doesn't stand out but he actually does on certain songs. Bono however really made me :eek: Especially the first lines of Moment Of Surrender, which I was not expecting at all.

Listening to MoS right now and his voice is incredible, especially 'The blackhole part'

Definitely. But I wouldn't be too surprised if we have to wait just as long for the next album.

The Spiderman soundtrack comes out in the fall, whether u2 is ready or not...
And the follow-up to NLOTH is supposedly made up of remainders from NLOTH, so I expect 2010 for that one... After that? The REAL next album? It could be a few years....

I just heard the album, and Bono, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

Seriously, the music is brilliant, excellent work by the band and Eno. I am impressed.

However, the lyrics are generally weak, stupid, generic, and most of the time don't fit the tune or song, and sound very stuffed/forced in after the fact (song was finished without them?)

Bono's voice usually sounds reduced to a whisper or whine straining to get louder. I'm sorry to say it hurt my enjoyment of the album.

The music is masterful, but with Bono's lyrics it doesn't sound as flowing and coherent and their songs are supposed to be. I hate to suggest perhaps someone else write the lyrics now? Bono has lost his gift.

I just heard the album, and Bono, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

Seriously, the music is brilliant, excellent work by the band and Eno. I am impressed.

However, the lyrics are generally weak, stupid, generic, and most of the time don't fit the tune or song, and sound very stuffed/forced in after the fact (song was finished without them?)

Bono's voice usually sounds reduced to a whisper or whine straining to get louder. I'm sorry to say it hurt my enjoyment of the album.

The music is masterful, but with Bono's lyrics it doesn't sound as flowing and coherent and their songs are supposed to be. I hate to suggest perhaps someone else write the lyrics now? Bono has lost his gift.

I disagree vehemently.

Not counting Stand up comedy, Boots and Crazy tonight, this is a very good Bono effort lyrically.

IMO it's not a Bono record like HTDAAB was, that was about his charity and his Dad, amongst other things. Apart from Stand Up and Crazy I can't hear typical Bono in this record... I hear a more poetic Bono, the one from years ago! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom