Ideas for ''Boots'' video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numbology

War Child
OKay, so I guess you've all probably heard the song.
You can love or hate the lyrics, but they certainly provide some dramatic images that could be used literally in the video.
So I'm wondering, do you have any ideas for the video?
Images, colours, clothing? :D

I'm presuming it'll be a tribute to the old Gordon Korman teen novels about Bruno & Boots at Macdonald Hall prep school. I presume Bono will be Bruno, Edge will be Boots, Larry can be Principal Stergeon and Adam can be....uh....Adam.

Every band member individually staring pertinently into the camera, then cutting to an extreme close up of them zipping up boots.

Then a Discotheque style line dance at the end in boots and uniform.

I really can't imagine this song in Anton Coribjns movie - perhaps only with some grafics as an extra or something.

The Video from Alex Courtes?
I think of hot sexy ladys in boots in a row making moves like a locomotive. Lots of grafic stuff (typical for Courtes), perhaps somehow like in - Kasabian - shoot the runner
could go in this direction.

Opening shot of Aldo shoe store with some lady trying on knee high boots. Doesn't matter what colour. She buys them. On the way out she passes Bono and he turns to look at the boots. Behind him is a TV screen where he was watching the latest middle-east conflict. Start music.
Theres lots of potential here for contrast between war and materialism, self-centerness immediate gradification and true need....oh, this was supposed to be a joke.

:D

Last edited:
Well U2.com already confirmed that girls in boots were there for the video shoot. There are also rumors that Giselle is one of them. We can only hope!

I was thinking something like seven nation army with a camera going round in a spirral

It would be great if they could shoot it in Morocco like Mysterious Ways but cooler. It could have Bono walking through the people while singing this song in some flee market like place and the band spread out just wondering among the people and the city. Then at some point they meet. There could be some band scenes of them playing in some really beautiful Moroccan palace or maybe in that hotel where they wrote some of the stuff in Fez. Just cool images and scenes no stories or characters, I personally hate that for videos. Just awesome locations in Morocco and the band looking cool.

It would be great if they could shoot it in Morocco like Mysterious Ways but cooler. It could have Bono walking through the people while singing this song in some flee market like place and the band spread out just wondering among the people and the city. Then at some point they meet. There could be some band scenes of them playing in some really beautiful Moroccan palace or maybe in that hotel where they wrote some of the stuff in Fez. Just cool images and scenes no stories or characters, I personally hate that for videos. Just awesome locations in Morocco and the band looking cool.

I think we will see enough of Marocco in Antons movie. :drool:Get on your Boots was shot in a studio in London - with girls involved. Doubt that there were many additinonal shots. Like I said before a very grafic video - like the Kasbian Video - or/ and and something like this: (many girls in uniforms dancing in choreography)

YouTube - Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm

Check out this clip on youtube, there are a couple of pics in there I can't recognize from any video, and bono's hair and glasses seem to be recent, could they be a few screencaps from the video?

http://www. youtube .com/watch?v=o2RY--JKSj0&eurl=http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/148548-new-music-u2-get-on-your-boots-stream]YouTube - U2 - Get On Your Boots (FINALLY)

I don't know if I should be putting that link in here.

If it needs to be taken out, look for user fransanchezg in youtube.

Back
Top Bottom