Get On Your Boots Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ When was the last time the first single from a new U2 album failed to chart in the top 10 on its first week of release? Zooropa maybe? But I wouldn't count that album anyway, due to the nature of the release.

its first time ever now (since NYD at 10) that u2 lead single didnt jump to top 10 uk single chart, big disappointment:|

It's good but does it really fit on the album? it's a funky, silly, fast rocker. NLOTH as a whole seems to be in a very dark, melancholic, slow mood.

Who cares guys? Look at Led Zeppelin's Houses of the holy charts:

Singles
Year Single Chart Position
1973 "D'yer Mak'er" Billboard Pop Singles (Billboard Hot 100) 20
1973 "Over The Hills And Far Away" Billboard Pop Singles (Billboard Hot 100) 51

Country Sales Certification
United Kingdom (BPI) 300,000+ Platinum[18]
Germany (IFPI) 100,000+ Gold[19]
United States (RIAA) 11,000,000+ 11x Multi-Platinum[20]
France (SNEP) 150,000+ 2x Gold[21]

If the album doesn't sell like the last one then it will be commercially disappointing though critically it's triumphant.

Yeah, I'm not overly worried, just a little disappointed that a song I far prefer to Vertigo finds itself outside the top 10, when Vertigo made it to the top spot. There's no accounting for taste mind, I mean the last single of U2's not to make the top 10 was apparently IFWSHA, which is one of my all-time favourite U2 singles...and songs full stop :shrug:

Yeah, I'm not overly worried, just a little disappointed that a song I far prefer to Vertigo finds itself outside the top 10, when Vertigo made it to the top spot. There's no accounting for taste mind,

I totally agree, I'm disappointed for the guys as losing never looks good on U2. I've always found Vertigo to be a pretty generic track and have never really been able to fathom its popularity.

Boots on the other hand I feel is a far more inspired effort and deserved far more attention.

Then again I often find myself totally out of step with public taste.

Boots is a great song, especially as part of the album, listening to the whole album makes me like the song more! The live versions cannot live up to the album version. :up:

Loving this thread, glad that some other people love GYOB too!
It's so groovy and infectious, and you only have to look at Adam playing the bassline :cute: he always looks so joyous lol.

When I first heard it, I thought wow, great drums, great bass, love the 'let me in the sound"!! Then after awhile, it wasn't working for me. However, hearing it within the album, I think it's great. It's in the perfect place on the album.

I especially like it, nice and loud, while driving...kind of fast.

I'm so happy to have scrolled back and not seen a post from me making glowing comments about this giant turd

Lol same here. Though I will say, as a stand-alone track, it’s not horrible, imo. Just really shows how bad the band fucked up NLOTH with the middle 3.

This song was great and fun live. Well, at least in Chicago where I saw it performed twice. It was a great fit for the party atmosphere that was 360.

Get on your boots!

Hey, hey, hey!!!!

You know what that's a great performance. Bono let's loose on that. Proper into it. Not keen on the song but it is a great performance

What was that from? Is that the theatre show they did apart of the nloth promo tour?

Back
Top Bottom