First description of the new song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Poster named Caroline - from u2log.com in the comments section, below the "U2 part with the record label" news:

"I am in the wilds of Borneo (um... West Cork) with very little internet access.

Has anyone reported there will be a new song/single on the new best of? I'm sure the news must be out there already. I was lucky enough to hear a few bars of the new tune sung to me over a glass of wine earlier this week. Sort of 70's pop/crooner-Sweetest Thing kind of vibe.

Or if this is news, well then you didn't hear it from me. :)"

Did 400 make it then? :hmm:

I don't mind 400. if it is that one as longs as it has BALLS, BOOBYS, BLING AND ALL THAT.:mad:

Chizip said:
so is a Sweetest Thing kind of vibe a good or bad thng?

in my eye's its a bad thing if it turns out to be the 90's version...

Perhaps it's based on this?

From atu2.com:
"Love Is All We Have Left" - a song Bono named during his May, 2006, trip to Africa as one that he had recently written. "It’s like an old Broadway tune. I thought it was a Frank Sinatra song," Bono said.

?

Outside of that, I think 400 is the beachclip that could best fit the girl's description of the 4, though I'm starting to think that this song won't be a beach clip at all.

By the way, is this person implying that she just had a bottle of wine with Bono or someone who close to the band?

Last edited:
yeah it sounds like this Caroline person could be spewing some bullshit

Bono sang to her over a glass of wine?

um ok

Agreed, I think we can safely wait to acutally hear it without taking this junk into account.

its funny how people who always seem to give details about how they heard a new song are very vague. I am not believing this person. What are the details?? if she is so not connected to the net cos she is in the wild, how and who did she talk to someone who would know this song. I don't think it would be Bono or anyone from U2 I think she would have been more excited or provided more details. I think its probably BS and will not believe it until I hear the song or hear confirmed details from someone who is known to give true info.

Either way I can't wait to hear this song! I hope it has the same energy as the saints!

Nico

Chizip said:
yeah it sounds like this Caroline person could be spewing some bullshit

Bono sang to her over a glass of wine?

um ok
Actually Zipper Caroline does have a pretty decent relationship with the band...she was Pim Jal De La Parra's confidant (the guy who wrote U2 Live: A Concert Documentary) and has met with the band on ocassion...so it's not out of the question for her to have had dinner with the B-man.

OK? :)

U2girl and Chizip, (or is that Chipit?) Caroline runs U2log.com just for your info.

Last edited:
Reggie Thee Dog said:

Actually Zipper Caroline does have a pretty decent relationship with the band...she was Pim Jal De La Parra's confidant (the guy who wrote U2 Live: A Concert Documentary) and has met with the band on ocassion...so it's not out of the question for her to have had dinner with the B-man.

U2girl and Chizip, (or is that Chipit?) Caroline runs U2log.com just for your info.

http://profile.typekey.com/prolific/

Chizip said:
so is a Sweetest Thing kind of vibe a good or bad thng?
It sounds as though this is one of those songs that wouldn't really fit onto a proper U2 album. If this turns out to the be the case, I am actually glad that they aren't wasting a big song on the best of compilation, a song that could potentially make the next album a great one. Which is not to say this won't be a hit. 'Sweetest Thing' was a huge hit, but I couldn't really see it on a U2 album.

So to answer your question, no, I don't think it's a bad thing at all.

I hate Sweetest Thing.

But yeah, I'll wait to hear it before I judge it. Obviously.

Michael Griffiths said:

It sounds as though this is one of those songs that wouldn't really fit onto a proper U2 album. If this turns out to the be the case, I am actually glad that they aren't wasting a big song on the best of compilation, a song that could potentially make the next album a great one. Which is not to say this won't be a hit. 'Sweetest Thing' was a huge hit, but I couldn't really see it on a U2 album.

So to answer your question, no, I don't think it's a bad thing at all.

putting a good b-side on this is the right way to go, or in other words-I agree

Reggie Thee Dog said:

You do realise there is more than one Caroline in the world who listens to U2? :wink:

Pfft... I personally think The Sweetest Thing is U2's go at the most perfect pop song - and they succeeded! "Pop" doesn't have to be a bad thing, guys...

And in any case, #400? Nah, I'm hoping more for either 401 or 402, but judging from this one girl's interpretation of the "vibe" of the song, I'm guessing 401.

Catman said:
And in any case, #400? Nah, I'm hoping more for either 401 or 402, but judging from this one girl's interpretation of the "vibe" of the song, I'm guessing 401.

There was no 401---are you thinking 402?

That's Caroline from U2log.com and the very famous 80's 'zine called U2 Collectormania. She just updated the very popular U2 Live: A Concert Documentary after the Elevation Tour and the death of original author (and her good friend) Pimm Jal De la Parra.

Thanks Utoo!! :up:

the thing is this...

even if she really did hear someone singing the song, it would be impossible to tell what the song really sounds like when performed by u2. it also depends on how that person sang it. I can imagine someone singing 402 and someone having the impression that was described. The only way she could really have an idea of what it sounds like is if the person singing described the song to her. which may or may not have happened. I think we still have no indication of what this song sounds like.

Back
Top Bottom