Films of Innocence - December 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anybody share this alternate mix? (non Adele)

Nope, dad rock is a category of music, for me it is the most suitable term for what that song is. Even if I don´t like dad rock, it isn´t an insult, because there are lots of people who like it. Everyone has different taste...

Adele version means bonus track version of EBW, which is Adele´s Someone Like You rip off

Are you ever going to shut up about this?

Nope, dad rock is a category of music

no, it is not a category of music - you are clearly making a linguistic mistake and using the term incorrectly, as, technically, it is derogatory or humorous, and you are claiming to be doing neither

i reckon he should write a reasoned 2000 word essay justifying his opinion - only then will i take his posts seriously :D

I'm pretty sure it would look something like this; "dad rock, dad rock, dad rock, dad rock, Adele, dad rock..."

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Have you noticed that the Volcano one has images saying "something in your mouth to blow" instead of something in you wants to blow? :laugh:

Yep I squealed like a true fangirl when I saw that. Makes me wonder what Bono's gonna sing live. Because I totally hear "something in your mouth to blow" on the album version. :shifty:

Has anyone found Films of Innocence on Amazon yet? I cannot find anything. Since I don't have iTunes I'll download it from Amazon. When exactly does it premier?

Amazon digital download only. May have to see about getting the Amazon app so I can watch it on the Droid. 9.99 US for the standard digital (no HD option).

Hoping they do a physical release as well...it'd look great next to all the tour dvds and physical cds on my bookshelf!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

You can hear in the Alt Version of EBW at about 8 seconds (and again at 2min 45sec and 4min 3sec) in "This is a watermark for Robin Rhode"...Must have been an early/pre release version of the song...(Plus some different lyrics)

Anyone upload the films yet? Seems the 24 hr previews have all been taken down.

Am debating about whether or not to spend 9.99 on digital Amazon download esp as I've never used Amazon Instant Video on the Droid before. :reject:

Wish it was physical. Would buy in a heartbeat. (Any one want to bet it is available at tour merch stands????)

Since I don't know how to use that Amazon digital download thing I'll have to wait for a physical release if there will ever be one. I only managed to watch part of the videos on several sites yesterday because I was so busy. Didn't notice the alternative EBW, though :ohmy:

Since I don't know how to use that Amazon digital download thing I'll have to wait for a physical release if there will ever be one. I only managed to watch part of the videos on several sites yesterday because I was so busy. Didn't notice the alternative EBW, though :ohmy:

Um, I downloaded the Amazon app on my phone and then was prompted to download an "Instant Video" app, and was able to watch it on my phone no problem. You have to skip around if you only want to see one song though...no menu option like on a physical disc.

May take the Amazon app off my phone later as I prefer using my browser for that site...shouldnt interfere with the video one.

Will def. buy if they do a physical release, as it would be neat to have in our collection. Bet it is available at merch stands on tour. :up:

For once, try to contribute something other than trolling with the same stupid dad rock comments... if you are able. Thanks :)

Maybe because you are so focused on a term "DAD ROCK" which for me is absolutely unimportant, it is only a suitable nickname for one of the songs, you cannot notice or react on various different posts or their topics, which is very unfortunate and people over here have to read all over again the same personal insults, which is the most annoying thing about being active in a forum.

Maybe because you are so focused on a term "DAD ROCK" which for me is absolutely unimportant, it is only a suitable nickname for one of the songs, you cannot notice or react on various different posts or their topics, which is very unfortunate and people over here have to read all over again the same personal insults, which is the most annoying thing about being active in a forum.

Well, as noted by others in this thread, the term 'Dad Rock' is interpreted in a derogatory way. So it may not be important to you, but it might be to others. So why do you want to keep on using that stupid phrase over and over again? If it's not important to you, you might just as well use the proper name of the song.

And don't worry about what you read as personal insults to you. They're just phrases that others don't think are important. :)

There has to be a valid and substantive contribution for me to be able to provide a response. If all you can contribute is the same garbage about 'dad rock' and 'Adele', you don't deserve anything more than the response you get.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Is it just me or during the Volcano film it say "Something in your mouth to blow"? I thought these lyrics were a joke but is that what they really are?

Is it just me or during the Volcano film it say "Something in your mouth to blow"? I thought these lyrics were a joke but is that what they really are?

U2 will definitely be performing this song at the tip of The Shaft, live.

For anyone that's bought the iTunes or Amazon copy......is the running order the same as album tracklisting? A diff order like Linear was?

Also, is there anything additional that was not seen in the 11 clips put out on websites?

Wow, most of those are actually really cool! They're a lot better than the "professional" music videos that have been made lately. My favorites are California, Raised by Wolves, SLABT, and This is Where... The only ones that I thought were a little boring are Iris and EBW. Song for Someone made me cry for some reason. The Troubles is such an ethereal song that the bright colors in the video didn't seem to go well with it at first.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom