And it is a Milan DVD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

:lmao:

:laugh:

u2.com-----dumbest website ever.

It's taken them almost a full week to get the same information that every other site in the world already knew. :tsk:

Sebastian Clayton---are you snuffing around with the same special sauce as 1993 Adam? :eyebrow:

It is nice to get this news confirmed by U2. :yes:

Why the live CD Milan talk form U2.com ever came up I'lll never know...

We have seen Vertigo and some of I still haven't found... so far, bits of COBL and I will follow.
Or was there any more Milan footage in that Bono 60 minutes interview?

Exceptional news! I'm not sure I'm looking forward to COBL and Vertigo on there... They're already on U2Love and Communication respectively. Of course, I can't chop those formats up and stuff them as single vids in my iPod so having them on DVD wouldn't be too bad.

Don't really care as long as we get that performance of OOTS! been looking forward to it since I heard about that show!

I think that OOTS and Miss Sarajevo are a given. Otherwise, there isn't anything else phenomenally special about the Milan performance that warrants a dvd over most other VT performances. :shrug: Those were the two knockouts.

Well if I choose it would be these:

1.Vertigo
2.The Electric Co.
3.Beautiful Day
4.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
5.Miss Sarajevo
6.Where The Streets Have No Name
7.Zoo Station
8.The Fly
9.Original Of The Species
10.Vertigo 2

i'm not sure i'm that happy that u2.com has corrected this. makes me think that it might be a cd after all.

I´m dissapointed. Haven´t we had enough "Greatest Hits" packages by U2???? We´ve heard it all we own it all. And of course they´re adding two new tracks to boost sales. This sucks ass BIG TIME. :madspit:

Peterrrrr said:
Well if I choose it would be these:

1.Vertigo
2.The Electric Co.
3.Beautiful Day
4.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
5.Miss Sarajevo
6.Where The Streets Have No Name
7.Zoo Station
8.The Fly
9.Original Of The Species
10.Vertigo 2

Both Vertigo's, huh? Hmmm

hey browned eyed boy, donde vivis?? yo tambien soy de sps
que tan fan sos de U2, ya has ido a algun concierto???

por cierto, vale verga que saquen ese disco de los hits, es uno mas para la coleccion, y con la rola con green day y windows in the sky, los DVD's bonus son buenos, con lo de milan y los singles

my intake is that its just another compilation to build our album collection, those new track make it worth, and the bonus DVD's

U2Man said:
i'm not sure i'm that happy that u2.com has corrected this. makes me think that it might be a cd after all.

:lol: best post this month :wink:

U2girl said:
We have seen Vertigo and some of I still haven't found... so far, bits of COBL and I will follow.
Or was there any more Milan footage in that Bono 60 minutes interview?
Here's everything I can recall for now:

* Vertigo Encore (U2.COMMUNICATION)
* City Of Blinding lights (U2 LOVE, 30 GB U2 iPod /CBS 60 minutes)
* I Will Follow (CBS 60 Minutes)
* I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (CBS 60 Minutes)
* Where The Streets Have No Name (CBS 60 Minutes)
* Sunday Bloody Sunday (CBS 60 Minutes)
* Pride (In The Name Of Love) (CBS 60 Minutes)

CBS 60 Minutes short previews:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qoPM_MYRF8

Vertigo Encore:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbsTQgjPiZ0

City Of Blinding Lights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQKnAWbBI8w

Short clip of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZQ52LEHaKQ

Thats soooo great!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

two DVDs for my Player -

I just hope the unforgettable fire is on the best of DVD.

For Milan I wish Streets and Pride - the pictures on 60 Minutes for this two songs were great... great audience!

If I would choose it would be:

1. The Electric Co.
2. City of Blinding Lights
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Love and Peace or Else
5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
6. Bullet the Blue Sky
7. Zoo Station
8. The Fly
9. Original of the Species
10.Vertigo

One could dream... We'll get something like this likely:

1. I Will Follow
2. Elevation
3. New Year's Day
4. Beautiful Day
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
6. Pride (In the Name of Love)
7. Where the Streets Have No Name
8. One
9. With or Without You
10.Vertigo

Though... thinking about it, that rather depends on their business strategy. I am sure they have far more information than we do about potential buyers.

If they want to appeal to hardcore fans, then as few repeats as possible will be on it.

If they want to appeal to casual fans who buy the deluxe for "added value", mirroring the tracklist of the CD seems preferable.

I think this second scenario seems more likely (on the whole). Their goal is to get more fans, and the best way to do that is to let people hear songs, and then see them live (live is where we live etc). Seeing how much better those live performances are will undoubtedly make a big impression on the casual buyer. And of course, if I bought a CD on with 16 hits and got a DVD with totally different songs (eg, Zoo Station, The Fly, OOTS, Electric Co) I would feel short changed.

Imagine, if you will, buying a Rolling Stones CD and then finding the included DVD didn't have a performance of "Satisfaction". I use them as an example because this is the only song by them I could actually think of (much like the consumers U2 is trying to ensnare)

I think the first approach is actually the more likely one.

My thinking:
The cd itself is for casual fans so that they have all their favorite songs on one disc. The deluxe version is for "hardcore" fans. It's incentive to bother buying the cd at all. They know that the hardcore fans want the two new songs, and the bonus dvd is the hook to get us to buy the whole package. If I were a casual fan, I wouldn't spend the extra money to get the dvd. I would, however, if I were a hardcore fan. Remember that there will be two versions of the cd that you have the option of buying--one with the bonus DVD and one without. Deluxe versions of CDs, IMO, are always for the more hardcore fans.

It's kind of like with movies. If you just "liked" the Lord of the Rings movies, you probably wouldn't bother getting the versions with an extra 45 minutes of material. If you were nuts about them, you probably did. The regular version of the movie was for casual fans; the deluxe version for the hardcore fans.

Keep in mind that they're already coming out with the U2:18 DVD of music videos for the songs on the CD, just like they did with Best Of 1990-2000. It would be utterly pointless to also have the same songs on the bonus Milan DVD. People may think that the U2:18 cd itself is redundant, but I'll argue that it serves a point. But to have the same 18 songs on the cd, the videos DVD and the Milan DVD----that would be redundancy to the extreme.

Last edited:
City of Blinding Lights from Milan wasn't that great, with the messed up intro. i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't make the 10 tracks. but i think releasing 10 songs of a show is pretty bollocks anyways. just give us the whole fucking show! i'd just be pissed knowing i can't see the show in its entirety. i mean, we all know that u2 put on great shows. give me the whole damn thing!

I'd be more excited for something a little older. Maybe an entire Joshua Tree show. Or Lovetown. Or even a full Red Rocks.

discothequeLP said:
but i think releasing 10 songs of a show is pretty bollocks anyways. just give us the whole fucking show! i'd just be pissed knowing i can't see the show in its entirety. i mean, we all know that u2 put on great shows. give me the whole damn thing!

I agree. Don't mean to complain here but it makes more sense to either include the whole show or not include anything at all! Why just 10 songs? It's not like more wont fit on a dvd! :huh: :huh:

Zootlesque said:

I agree. Don't mean to complain here but it makes more sense to either include the whole show or not include anything at all! Why just 10 songs? It's not like more wont fit on a dvd! :huh: :huh:

I'm really happt the way it is. I thought they won't put out Milan because they had technical problems (you can read that in Willis Tour Diary). So 10 Songs are better than nothing. I think it is absoulty great. What more do you want.

ZooTV
the Book
now - a CD (hopefully all Songs remastered)
a DVD with 10 Songs from Milan
and another DVD - finally some of the good old videos in good quality - fantastic.

And Adam mentioned to a fan that they are already working on the Popmart DVD.:rockon:

and not to forget - also in the pipeline: the Buenos Aires 3D IMAX Movie.... :drool:

so, just to make sure i understand, the u218 songe will contain the Cd with the songs, and an optianal, deluxe edition with the millan DVD, and, there will also be a a u218 dvd all on its self, with music videos, am i correct?

Back
Top Bottom