The Edge's vocal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZOOTV new york.... When love comes to town :drool: Just 4 sentances or something. But so nice. And Stand by me during Zootv.

And lets not forget his awesome backing vocals during Ultraviolet,New Years Day, Desire, AoH
,basically every u2 song...

And Stand by me during Zootv.

Ooh, cool...did he sing lead on that? That's one of my favorite songs of all time.

I enjoy Edge's voice, yes :). "Van Diemen's Land" is a lovely song, that video clip was fantastic (as was the one for "Sunday Bloody Sunday"-very different, interesting interpretation of the song. Loved the guitar work in it, too). Sorta Neil Young-ish. And then of course there's "Numb", I've always liked that one, too.

Haha, I like this comment on the "Van Diemen's Land" clip:

One time when I met Edge I told him he had a great voice and asked him why he didn't sing more. He thought for a second then smirked, and said "then what would Bono do?"

:D.

Angela

I really do like Edge's voice. I love how it blends perfectly with Bono's when he does backing vocals too (sorry, don't know technical terms :lol: ). It'd be nice to hear a new song with just him on lead.

I know , the blend is just perfect.

Every Breaking wave is the newest proof of it :drool:
I love how Edge finds out how to kind of sing his own notes around Bono's in a different note, and it boosts this effect.

This probably goes without saying, but I love Edge's vocals.

I love the moments where he gets to shine vocally by himself, like those moments mentioned above. And I must add Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long) from Passegers to that list. Its dark, creepy and beautiful all at the same time. And that falsetto of his gives me goosebumps.

But I also think his backing vocals are a very important part of U2's sound. Think about it: what would songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, Desire, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day or Get On Your Boots sound like without him?

Aw :). That was absolutely lovely, thanks for sharing it. Made me love the song even more.

I didn't know that was Edge singing on "Corpse". I like that song, too. Creeps me the hell out (first time I heard it was late at night-bad timing, I know, and I actually glanced out my window to make sure no dead people were coming toward my house :p), but it's a cool song.

Angela

Oh , and how about mr The Edge's backing vocals during COBL ?
Seriously , that song would suck if it was only sung by Bono. Edge's backing vocals makes it perfect. Timeeeeeeeeee!

And The Wanderer : falsetto part :heart:

YouTube - U2 - The Wanderer - RARE

Its their song, I love Bono's voice. I think Johny and Bono are the only ones who should sing it.

YouTube - U2 When Love Comes To Town(Zoo Tv new york) legendado em português

Warning , this is quite hot.
Here , Zootv NY , Bono's voice malfunctioned , Edge picks him right up.
And Bono seems very thankful. :cute:

HOLY SHNIKIES!!!! haha

Bono was SO freakin hot in that and his voice was fantastic in that era. Um...Im not an Edge/Bono girl or anything but that last bit left me a little light headed haha. And Edge hit the lower notes quite well for someone who usually sings in a higher range. (please don't crucify me for not knowing the proper technical terms. I'm musically retarded for the most part)

Oh , and how about mr The Edge's backing vocals during COBL ?
Seriously , that song would suck if it was only sung by Bono. Edge's backing vocals makes it perfect. Timeeeeeeeeee!

And The Wanderer : falsetto part :heart:

YouTube - U2 - The Wanderer - RARE

Again, I claim to know NOTHING about musical theory or technical terms so, please bare with me.

Firstly, I'm forever and always a Bono girl and I love his voice even with its quirks and faults. But I've always thought that Edge naturally has more singing talent than Bono. Or at least it seems that way. Sometimes I think Bono hold back, and yeah I know that Edge does that falsetto bit a lot, but he does it very well and he seems to be able to handle other ranges as well.

Its crossed my mind what life would be like without our sexy and endearing frontman and Edge at the helm. Thoughts?

I hadn't seen that before. Oh, how I love that falsetto. Especially at the end.

*is a puddle of goo in her computer chair*

Haha, I actually melted a bit when I heard him at the end there, too. That was quite gorgeous, honestly...lovely way to finish the song off there, Edge :up:. When he hit those high notes during the "Wandering..." part, I half expected him to veer off into Del Shannon's "Runaway" :p. Now I want to hear him sing that song.

I love "The Wanderer". The lyrics in it are awesome.

HOLY SHNIKIES!!!! haha

Bono was SO freakin hot in that and his voice was fantastic in that era. Um...Im not an Edge/Bono girl or anything but that last bit left me a little light headed haha. And Edge hit the lower notes quite well for someone who usually sings in a higher range. (please don't crucify me for not knowing the proper technical terms. I'm musically retarded for the most part)

LOL, it's totally cool, I'm no musical expert, either. Your point still stands :).

That was hot. Yes. Edge picking up where Bono left off, his lower voice, Bono doing what Bono does on the stage...good stuff, indeed.

(And then the way they were touching heads at the end and being all uber close...um...yeah...:shifty:)

Angela

I know , the blend is just perfect.

Every Breaking wave is the newest proof of it :drool:
I love how Edge finds out how to kind of sing his own notes around Bono's in a different
note, and it boosts this effect.

I love how you describe this, domo!!

Sometimes Edge sings in (I guress) the more traditional back-up harmonies, and then he does also what you describe here!!

I love his singing!
BUt :lol: since we hear so little of him solo/lead
I don't think I'd reconize his voice alone if it was being played on the radio with out annoucing who it was, AND I would think it was some other unkown singer/band to me; a singer COVERING a U2 song or w "stand by me" some other singer frim somewhere singer singing SBM. :D

I love the way their voices go togehter!!! :heart: :happysigh:

holy shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

omg that looked amazing, that one shot of the group just after Bono puts the mic to Edge's mouth, as he starts singing.........what a shot!!!!!!

those few seconds are amazing amazing! just the visual there was very,,,,I dunno how to say, just fukin, I dunno.................great lookin! just.............whoah type or something. as he sings too, and the purple shirt blowing behind him, very...:combust:

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Ahh I saw a caption-less version of this on here a few months ago in the B/E thread and had to make a gif from it. I think that gif needs reposting.

bonoedge4-o.gif

Edge bites his lip...very hot indeed. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom