The Edge: It Might Get Loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge_O, do you know what kind of guitar Jack has in that last pic? :hmm:

The light green-ish Gretsch looking guitar?

_40CBA364-6786-4F8D-A5EC-5E98E14684.jpg

Looks to be the work of Randy Parsons... It's similar to a Gretsch Anniversary but Jack had Randy Parsons (from Seattle) custom make some "Gretsch" guitars for him, including the "Double Anniversary"-like green one in question and his copper finish Triple Jet.

Looks like there are some extra bits on the green one... looks like a switch above the volume/tone knobs... might be for similar onboard effects that Parsons put in White's copper Triple Jets.

I know that his "Triple Jet":
184308319_238e3dcc47_b.jpg

is heavily altered with onboard effects, built in MXR micro-amp, three instead of two pickups... custom copper finish. I am not sure what customized things might be on the green guitar.

I found THIS on Randy's site...
It might get loud
'Loud' rocks guitar documentary

Leads to confirm that his guitars are in the film... White uses his guitars... so I feel confident in saying the green guitar is a Randy Parson's custom Gretsch-like guitar.

I have submitted the picture to Randy and I'm trying to confirm that it is indeed his handywork.

Thanks for that! :up: But I was asking for this one :)

That is Jack's main guitar, for use in White Stripes - That is an Airline by Valco.

Airline Guitars were guitars made in the United States from 1958-68 by VALCO and sold through Montgomery Ward. VALCO also made National and SUPRO brands. Today they are played by bands and artists including David Bowie, The Cure, PJ Harvey, Calexico but are most commonly associated with Jack White of The White Stripes. Original Res-O-Glas models now sell for $2,000-$3,000.

They have recently been reissued by Eastwood Guitars under the name of Airline DLX. However, the reissue has many noticeable modifications: the guitars are now made of wood instead of the original Res-o-Glass material, have different tuning heads, different pickups (original pickups were single coils in the shape of humbuckers while the reissues have actual humbuckers) and an addition of a master volume knob located in the bottom right part of the pickguard. Eastwood also offers the model in a two pickup version and a three pickup version with an added Bigsby vibrato tailpiece.

Eastwood guitars makes fine replicas for far less than a beat up vintage version of the same guitar.

You can google them and find out more or go to
http://www.eastwoodguitars dot com/
or
http://www.myrareguitars dot com/

WoW! Thanks alot man!

Glad to help.

That black Les Paul Custom, in the poster, is a Jimmy Page model that was released this year.

Jimmy HAD a 3 pickup "black beauty" during his sessions years. he used is some during the early days of Led Zeppelin. It was stolen in 1970-1971 when LZ were touring in Canada... Vancouver, I think.

Jimmy put ads in Rolling Stone, trying to recover the stolen guitar but to no avail.

A few years ago, Gibson made a black LP Custom for him. He loved it. That is when Gibson decided to make their 3rd Jimmy Page model.

Gibson previously made a LP Standard and a double neck Gibson EDS 1275 (released last year).

Interesting with the (2) Jimmy Page Les Paul models... they are SIGNATURE models of SIGNATURE (Les Paul) guitars.

TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage

*deep breath*

TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

OMG. As a hardcore Led Zep and U2 fan...this is like music nirvana for me. Oh, God I hope this plays in SLC at the Broadway Centre or the Tower. :hyper: :hyper:

TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage

*deep breath*

TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage
TheEdgeandJimmyPage

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

OMG. As a hardcore Led Zep and U2 fan...this is like music nirvana for me. Oh, God I hope this plays in SLC at the Broadway Centre or the Tower. :hyper: :hyper:

Yep. I'm a huge Led Zep fan too. (U2 too, obviously) .

Plus, I love Jack White's songwriting and guitar playing (White Stripes/The Raconteurs) tons too. Only thing that could have made it better would be to add David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) and Matt Bellamy (Muse).

Thanks everyone for the pics :sexywink:

I won't see this documentary for sure... because I don't think they're going to release it here... I'll have to wait for the dvd...

Edge is looking so :drool:

I live in Phoenix but know my way around the So Cal area quite well. Plus I have been planning multiple trips to the area so why not make it around a U2 gathering with a movie featuring our Edge? :drool: Also, a drive in and out of So Cal means I'll pass Joshua Tree both ways :love: and could easily make a detour. :)

If anyone wants to meet up for a San Diego showing :up:

And if it only plays as near to me as LA I'll go there too, I'm hoping for San Diego though!

If anyone wants to meet up for a San Diego showing :up:

And if it only plays as near to me as LA I'll go there too, I'm hoping for San Diego though!

I hope it plays in LA.

Even better, a nice opening night with Jimmy Page, Edge and Jack White. THAT would be a great night! Greater if I get tickets to attend, should to do a big opening premier.

If it plays in SD I'm sure it will play in LA too :hmm:

and yeah THAT would be awesome if it happened of course!

Local newspaper here, (on Long Island) in NY said 'the three are to be in attendance in Toronto at the showing of the movie Friday night.'

Hope there's some coverage, somewhere..
:hyper::love:

I'm glad I was able to use the search button and find this thread!

I have TICKETS to this MOVIE! Yup...the Premier! I live in Toronto.....and after much experience with getting tickets for U2 on my computer....

....I managed to get tickets for this movie showing at the Toronto Film Festival.

Rumor has it.....EDGE is gonna be here. Not totally confirmed yet.....but as I've managed to meet 3/4 of U2 while on tour.....I DO have a plan of action.

Anywhoo........my wife is gonna line up with her ticket for the show and get in early.......

Me? I'm headed to one of perhaps four hotels in the area to wait for Mr. Edge. I have a particular picture that I took of him that I would love for him to sign...

00061_00476_20051022_214750_4870_B14B5A_md.jpg

I'll likely be able to do a meet and greet outside of his hotel as opposed to a meet and greet while he heads into the theatre to watch the movie.

After the hotel......*fingers crossed*....enter the venue where my wife has a seat saved for me close to the front of the theatre where I have my camera.

Let's hope he's on a plane headed to the T.Dot.

I have a few Film Festival spies in the wings keeping me informed.

Wish me luck? Any pictures....I'll post them here.

OMG! *totaly jealous*

I hope you get to meet him! And yes, take looaads of pictures!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom