Music Industry Trusts' Awards 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
112008-11.jpg

Bono and Topshop billionaire Sir Philip Green battled it out to the tune of £21,000 for a box at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium (Bono won that one).

I thought Bono was a Glasgow Celtic fan!

It's good to see al the guys together in one place! :hyper:

I think a lot of these pics have potential for some good captioning...

they are all lookin' great...don't get me wrong....but I still think Bono needs to lose some weight before the tour starts....just look at 1992 bono....or even Elevation Bono....there's no reason he can't be that slim again...c'mon Bono...

So, my favorite thing about this thread besides the obvious drool worthy pictures is all of different smilies people are using. It has me laughing and drooling at the same time. Thanks for the pics and thanks for the laughs. :D

Why are people always complaining about Bono's appearance, no matter what he does these days?

I am just happy to see him and I think he looks really good.

He has obviously lost a fair amount of weight, you can see it in his face, and people need to look at older pictures of him to realise that he has never been slim.
This is just the way he's built. You cannot compare him to Larry, who has always been slim. I've always thought Bono looked awful during the Pop era, not only thin but SICK.

Considering his age and the stress he's having in his life, he really looks very good, relaxed and fit. He doesn't need to run a marathon. I'd rather have him healthy with a little more flesh on his bones; it's better for the nerves anyway. :wink:

Apart from that, I like a man who I can cuddle up to. :drool:

Why are people always complaining about Bono's appearance, no matter what he does these days?

does it really matter all that much if someone else thinks he looks fat or his hair is too long or short? It doesn't need to be something up for debate everytime someone mentions his looks. Just let it be. One thing I really hate about the threads with new pictures is all of the defensive posts about the man's looks. If you think he looks great (I'm not saying he looks bad at all, far from it in fact) then that's awesome but there's just no need to keep defending him.

does it really matter all that much if someone else thinks he looks fat or his hair is too long or short? It doesn't need to be something up for debate everytime someone mentions his looks. Just let it be. One thing I really hate about the threads with new pictures is all of the defensive posts about the man's looks. If you think he looks great (I'm not saying he looks bad at all, far from it in fact) then that's awesome but there's just no need to keep defending him.

And I hate it when some people always say he looks fat when clearly he doesn't.

So obviously his looks are up for discussion.

But maybe people have different ideas of what or who is "fat" and who isn't.

Bono isn't "chunky", in fact he's lost weight. Of course he's not as slim as Larry, he never has been. They all look very good and fit, and I rather have Bono healthy and with a little meat on his bones than looking exhausted and stressed out. :drool:

I just think it's funny to point out his weight since Bono has never exactly been skinny or even slim built like Edge or Larry.

He may not be as much in shape as he was around Pop but he's lost weight since those 2006 pics (the only time that the word "fat" applied), and he'll probably continue to do so until the tour.

I just think it's funny to point out his weight since Bono has never exactly been skinny or even slim built like Edge or Larry.

He may not be as much in shape as he was around Pop but he's lost weight since those 2006 pics (the only time that the word "fat" applied), and he'll probably continue to do so until the tour.

...and if he won't it really shouldn't matter to us, because the most important factor why we love U2 is their music!!!!!:heart:

well I just mean he should slim down to Elevation/ZooTV image.....his weight was far better then than now....it's just a better look all around for a rockstar such as Bono

he's not fat now at all, he has lost a lot of weight, I realize that.... :shrug:

It's also a question of age, Rob.

It's getting harder and harder to lose weight the older you get, especially if you're not built that way, Rockstar or not.

And with Bono's lifestyle, I'd imagine it's hard to do a diet or really take care about the food you're eating. He's enjoying life too much and doesn't really have time to work out for hours every day.

I sympathize, really, I have similar problems.

Bono was only very slim during Pop and he didn't look good, at least to me, but others surely feel different.

Back
Top Bottom