Bono Undergoes Surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We should try and design our own cards on the computer, and email them all to u2's management.:reject:

I'm really, really worried and hope he's not seriously injured. I would tell him to take his time to full recovery and not to rush for the tour, we understand the circumstances and health comes first.

Do you know if doctors will release any official communication?

Bono Injures Back, Forcing U2 to Cancel Tour Opener
By CAROL VOGEL
U2 has postponed the first concert in this year’s leg of the “360 Degrees’’ world tour after its lead singer, Bono, was injured during a rehearsal and underwent emergency surgery on his back in Munich on Friday, The Associated Press reported.

“Bono will spend the next few days there, before returning home to recuperate,’’ a statement on the group’s Web site said. “Once his condition has been assessed further, a statement will be made regarding the impact on forthcoming tour dates.’’

The tour was to start in Salt Lake City on June 3. After that the band is scheduled to play in Anaheim, Calif., on June 6 and 7 followed by Denver on June 12 and Oakland, Calif., on June 16. So far the tour, which began last year and draws its name from the giant circular stage the band uses, has earned around $109 million, according to Billboard. It has been predicted to bring in the largest gate ever.

No details have been released about when the Salt Lake City concert might take place or if other concerts will have to be postponed as well.

Bono Injures Back, Forcing U2 to Cancel Tour Opener - ArtsBeat Blog - NYTimes.com

So the rumours were true, Bono does have serious back issues! :sad: The chairman of our newly founded official Finnish U2 fan club, of which I'm now working as an administrator, also just sent me a text message, worrying that U2s Helsinki gigs might also be in jeopardy!! :uhoh:

Last Unicorn was right about what she said.....those "rumours" a week ago about on the German U2 board about Bono in Germany getting back treatment and looking like he could hardly walk in Munich airport were obviously very true

It was just mentioned on BBC UK News; so I came straight on Interference!
Poor Bono :( wishing him a speedy recovery! :heart:

Here is what she found last Saturday. His back had to have been hurting before yesterday.

I don't want to start any rumours but there's talk on the German U2 board that he was flown in from Germany where he had treatment for his bad back. Someone is saying that Bono was seen on the Munich airport and that he looked very much in pain and could hardly walk on his own.

Will be praying you get well soon, Bono. I posted in another section, too. I really hope everything gets better in his life, I'm so upset.

If you are a Beiber fan :shrug:
If you are not :lmao: with me!!

BERLIN -Teen idol Justin Bieber walked smack into the glass of an automatic revolving door when trying to exit a German hotel, sending his fans into a blogging frenzy.
"Ouch! I just walked into that door ... my forehead hurts ... I walked right into the window," Bieber told a local broadcast team that captured the incident on camera as he was exiting the Radisson Blu hotel in Frankfurt.
Bieber can be seen in the video trying to push the automatic door, then turning to walk out, but instead smacking his forehead against the glass.

YouTube - Justin Bieber Crashes Into A Door! Ouch, Poor Justin!

***@ least it brought a :giggle: to my otherwise :( for Bono day

Back
Top Bottom