U2 lyrics you sing wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
Probably not the correct subject title for this but I was listening to U2 yesterday - my 1 year old is obsessed with Vertigo.

And when it comes to the middle solo and Bono sings 'check mated, hours of fun', for some reason, I don't hear 'hours of fun'...I hear 'Shazzafaw!'

Made my son laugh like a maniac so I spent the rest of the night saying 'Shazzafaw!'...

Anybody else have a lyric they hear wrong and sing that way?

Somehow when I listen to Pride I always hear: "in the name of love WHAT more in the name of love" instead of "one more".

Also to me the chorus of I Will Follow sounds: "WHAT YOU'RE EVER DOING WHAT YOU'RE EVER DOING." :huh:

Zooropean103 said:
Somehow when I listen to Pride I always hear: "in the name of love WHAT more in the name of love" instead of "one more".

Wait, isn't the correct lyric "what more?" :eyebrow:

Rafiennes said:
And when it comes to the middle solo and Bono sings 'check mated, hours of fun', for some reason, I don't hear 'hours of fun'...I hear 'Shazzafaw!'

:lol: x 100,000

"Shazzafaw" is exactly what "hours of fun" sounded like to me, too! That's hilarious!

I can't stop giggling about that. I might have to start saying "shazzafaw" at random times, just for shits and grins.

I don't sing this wrong, but ever since someone in interland pointed out that this line in COBL:
"what happened to the beauty inside of me?" sounds an awful like B is saying
"what happened to the beaty in sodomy", I can't help but think of that every time I hear the song. :huh:

Re: Re: U2 lyrics you sing wrong

corianderstem said:

"Shazzafaw" is exactly what "hours of fun" sounded like to me, too! That's hilarious!

I can't stop giggling about that. I might have to start saying "shazzafaw" at random times, just for shits and grins.

to me it sounds like "jazzophone!" so that's how I sing it, rofl!

Re: Re: U2 lyrics you sing wrong

corianderstem said:

I hear "Shazbot" whatever the hell that is...:huh:

http://forum.interference.com/t161919.html :whistle:

Rafiennes said:
Probably not the correct subject title for this but I was listening to U2 yesterday - my 1 year old is obsessed with Vertigo.

Made my son laugh like a maniac so I spent the rest of the night saying 'Shazzafaw!'...

Anybody else have a lyric they hear wrong and sing that way?

I hear it as "Showers of fun", actually. But, "shazzafaw" is a great word, no doubt.

I always sing wrong a crucial lyric in One.

"Well we hurt each other and we'll do it again."

I always thought he said a muffled "carried" again. I always sing it that way. Even though it's wrong. Even though it makes no sense. Even though it changes a lot of the meaning of that section. I'm bad.

phillyfan26 said:
I always sing wrong a crucial lyric in One.

"Well we hurt each other and we'll do it again."

I always thought he said a muffled "carried" again. I always sing it that way. Even though it's wrong. Even though it makes no sense. Even though it changes a lot of the meaning of that section. I'm bad.

We curry each other :drool:

redhotswami said:
In OOTS, ever since I saw someone's homemade vid, now I sing "that's a frog" before all the do dos.
I sing the do dos as the word "beauty" repeated over and over again, it makes perfect sense to me :)

Also the Gaelic lemon cheesecake in Another Time, Another place, and while we're talking about Boy, "Is love like a taco, hanging from my ceiling" in Shadows and Tall Trees :lol:

on the Chicago vertigo DVD i always understood the second verse of Electric Co to be "cut knife shot blast in your horses side" :eyebrow: don't ask thats just what i heard i understand the lyric is "a shockblast goes through whats inside"

I always think the line in ABOY is

An intellectual tortoise
Racing with your bullet brain

At the end of 'One, when his voice is going into falsetto land, I used to hear him ordering his breakfast

'Bacon, and bacon and eeegggggsssss'

:shifty: :looks around to see if this crowd can be trusted: :shifty:

OK... for years I always heard & sang the lyric in ISHFWILF as: 'I have kissed haunted lips...' WTF??? :der: 'Haunted lips'?!?!?!? :rolleyes: Anyway, I sat down with my liner notes about 5 years ago & re-read all the JT lyrics (which I had done feverishly the minute I first owned a copy - obviously, without paying attention :ohmy: ). That's when I discovered they were 'honeyed lips'. :reject:

I sing it right now, but I still always hear 'haunted lips' in my head. :laugh:

Just told my wife over the phone about 'Shazzafaw' and I heard her say it to my son...laughing his ass off...works with both parents!!!

Axver said:
SHAMU THE MYSTERIOUS WHALE!

:lol:

oh man im gonna be singing that from now on :lol:

I always hear "Looking for the sound that's gonna drown out the weather" instead of "world" in MOFO. I swear I cannot hear it, I try and try but nope.

And as for shazzafaw.... I can see how someone would think that. It does sound like he could be saying that.

Back
Top Bottom