U2 & I - worth getting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickadee

New Yorker
I was just wondering what people's opinions are about the U2 & I book. I really fancy getting it if I get enough Xmas money (or maybe just my student loan!) but I know it's expensive and wanted to know if others thought it worth the money, etc? The pics I've seen from it look amazing, and I'd like to have them in a book-form, but yeah, it's quite a lot of money!

Taaaa! :)

I asked Santa for it, too. I told him I'm even willing to offer him an extra cookies and milk kickback :yes:

It's a big, beautiful book--definitely a good investment. If my mom refuses to spend that much money on something U2-related, I might just have to put the money I get from my grandma toward it :wink:

Yes it's worth it!!!!!!! I love the book. The only thing I don't like is that Anton has very sloppy writing and it's hard to read some of his comments about the pictures. But the pictures are amazing!!!! :drool:

I just placed an order for the book after seeing glowing reviews for it on Amazon, as a Christmas present for myself. :) I got a pretty good deal for it too, as it came out to only $68 after shipping. I would suggest looking it up on pricegrabber.com.

I'm glad everyone thinks its worth it. I'm getting it for Christmas as well. It saved my husband from getting me crap I didn't want. :giggle: I ordered it off Amazon and can't wait for it to get here! But I don't get to open it till Christmas. :( :hyper: I'm dying to look thru it.

I know for a fact though that I've been a very good girl and santa is also bringing me a U2 poster. Its been a darn good U2 year at our house. :wink:

Hmm right. I might look into it although I think it'll be too costly for my mum to get me! I think it's cheaper for me to get off Amazon.com though, trying to convert dollars into pounds to see if I'm right! It's about £60 over here and I'm sure I can get it for less somewhere surely!

OK - that settles it! When everybody out of everybody says the book's worth the $$$, I've waited long enough!

Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me!!! :hyper: :applaud: :D

My dad is sending me Xmas money so... maybe! It actually costs less for me to get it off Amazon.com and have it shipped here than to buy it here. We get ripped off here, seriously.

BonoFox1 said:
Got my U2 & I off Amazon along with U2 show and only paid $75.00 both!!!!:hyper:....Brand new in the package!!

Amazon ROCKS!:rockon:
wow, how did that happen? would that still be the case if i were to get it now?

btw....do you think that this book will be available in the future? if i were to start saving up, i just don't want them to suddenly go out of print. are they still printing them or is it a limited deal kind of thing?

chickadee said:
My dad is sending me Xmas money so... maybe! It actually costs less for me to get it off Amazon.com and have it shipped here than to buy it here. We get ripped off here, seriously.
where do you live? if you live near a Borders, sign up to their email list, and you'll get coupons for "25% off any regular priced book". sometimes it's even 30% off. they come once a month. so that will make it a little bit more affordable. thirty percent off $120 is just $84.
i could send you the coupons if you want, i get them in my email monthly ;]

just got it from Amazon...love it! Great stories of how the pics came to be....beautiful rich photos, heavy in more ways than one... an overall great workout!

:grumpy: One of my best friends bought it for me at Christmas - but he's a guy & had no idea that bookstores don't just keep this thing on the shelves. He tried to buy it for me on 12/22... :slant:

Anyway, it's on freakin' backorder now. They told him when he purchased it that delivery should be in 2-3 weeks. When I finally called the B&N last week where the order was placed, they tell me the book's had to have a reprinting & there won't be any copies in their warehouses until Feb 13. I figure I might get the thing by my birthday on March 9. :madwife:

Tuwie thank you for your kind offer! I have it now though! I got it off Amazon.com and it took a month to even be shipped but it came today! It's actually a German copy they sent me, which just means the dust jacket inside is all in German (will be putting my 6 years of German to good use then!) but the actual book's the same. Guess that was the fastest way to send me it! But yay, am looking forward to sitting down at the weekend and just poring over the entire thing! I can't right now cause I have class tomorrow and 'proper' books to read... Boo.

Back
Top Bottom