MERGED ----> "U2 Show" + U2 Show + I've Got The 'U2 Show' Book! + U2 Book...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enggirl

Acrobat
U2 Book...

U2 Show is expected to be released in October (You can preorder it for $23 on Amazon). I haven't seen much on the boards about it, but I wanted to share what I came across.

At work we get preview catalogs from publishing houses. Riverhead Books' catalog has an ad for U2's book on its very first page (which made me yelp!), but the "bio" bit at the bottom of the page is the best:
"U2, formed in Dublin in 1977, is the biggest band in the universe."

But we're not biased!

I've got the 'U2 Show' book!!!!

I just did the biggest happy dance ever at work!

I've been waiting to see if it was going to come in (I work at a newspaper and we get loads of books in everyday) before I ordered it. And it came in TODAY!! I literally pogo-ed in front of the food editor (I think she now thinks I'm a bit off). And then she asked, "Well, what is this?" How sad...some people just don't know the joy that is U2!!!

So I've only looked at it a bit and haven't had time yet to read any of it, but it looks incredibly interesting--lots of behind-the-scenes with the crew, etc. And lots of pics with ID of what show and where. It's a big, heavy thing. Sort of a physcial manifestation of my ever-so-tiny obsession.

(Now if they'd just release ZOO and POP on DVD, all would be well in the world) :wave: (ya hear that Mr. The Edge? I know you've been lurking about. So how about it? Huh? Huh?)

man, another wonderful thing i have to get. does u2 know that every time they put something like this out i HAVE to get it? and do they know im BROKE?
i still have to get the wealth of magazines theyre in right now....
oh well.
its worth it!:drool:

I also got a hold of "Killing Bono: A True Story" by Neil McCormick (originally published in the UK as "I Was Bono's Doppelganger")--it has a forward by Bono, too. I hadn't even heard of it, but it looks like it's gonna be a fun ride!

It was a GOOD day for U2 reading material!

Yeah! I also just picked up the "U2:Show" book, makes for a great read!
Anyone seen the pictures before she took during ZooTV Barcelona? Probably some of the most stylish ZooTV-like pictures I've seen to date..

I saw the book in a bookshop today too. :up:
However, I didn't buy it. It wasn't the 45 euro pricetag, although that is of course a lot of money. But the copy I saw was translated in Dutch. I want the real thing! :scream: Oh well, I'll be on the lookout for that one.
It does look good though. :drool:

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
But the copy I saw was translated in Dutch. I want the real thing!

I agree, I'm not sure where you live but you should be able to find the UK version of it at Waterstone's in Amsterdam...that's where I picked up mine, as the American Book Centre was oblivious to the fact it was to be released at all....

Waterstone's? Where is it? Near De Munt or is that the one near Spui?
*always mixes up those two*

And at what price do they sell it?

*lives in Utrecht, so Amsterdam isn't that far away*

In any case, thanks! :up:

bij Spui, op de hoek met de Kalverstraat. prijs is ook 45 euro; voor zo'n sjieke uitgave best :up:

i could make the worse monopoly joke ever

"U2 Show"

I just picked this book up at Books-A-Million(although Amazon.com says it's released tomorrow). I've just browsed through it, but it's got plenty of pictures I've never seen before and a pretty interesting overview of each tour. It's broken up into three sections, the middle one basically all photos. Very cool book. Very cool cover. Definitely recommended.

1573222968.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Daveone said:
Is it purely a photo book or...?

I just got this today, and have had a quick look through it. It's huge! The first two thirds or so are mostly pictures, many of which I've not seen before, and the last part is text. The text consists of comments from all of the people involved in the tours: the technical side, video, wardrobe., etc, along with a special category of "friends" of the band. Looks like a must have.

I"ve got it ordered from Amazon - I think it's supposed to arrive next week some time. Just enough time to finish the Doppelganger book first...

Back
Top Bottom