Books?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep - right now I'm reading Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. Its very "Bridget Jones' Diary" and I can totally relate to the main character's addiction *lol*

Piers Anthony is my favourite author. I've read three of his series' and am just about to start the fourth.

Okay, I've been meaning to post what book I've been reading/rereading lately..

Even More Letters From a Nut - Extra Nutty! by Ted L. Nancy. EXTREMELY funny book. Ever heard of the Lazlo Letters? It's like that, except it's every topic you could think of. Ted loves to write to companies, stores, cities, etc. asking about everything -- can he get a refrigerated mailbox, can he set up his 5,000 underwear vending machines in the city, he can't find any of the 2,000 Soup & Sleep restaurants in the city, can he donate 500 pairs of yellow irregular shorty pajamas to the city jail, can he come and perform for your employees as Pip the Mighty Squeak, he bought a sponge from Ralph's and now it's haunted and terrorizing him, etc. etc. It sounds very immature, but it really isn't. Jerry Seinfeld does the book introductions, and he gives hints to actually being Ted. Really recommended.

Last edited:
I'm reading What's so Amazing about Grace by Phillip Yancey right now. I've also read The New Rulers of the World by John Pilger recently, and More, Now, Again by Elizabeth Wurtzel, and Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison. Oh, and A Star Called Henry by Roddy Doyle. Yes, I am a bit of a bookworm, why do you ask?

I highly recommend all of those books :happy:

theSoulfulMofo said:

Oh... that must be me... You know I wrote a book with that title :wink:

:coocoo: :crack:

HAHAHAHA! Its not about what ya think its about! :lmao: Its about a girl that gets dumped by a guy bc of the way that she looks and it tells the story of how she gets over him!:lmao:

Hmm.. what have I been reading lately.. a miscellaneous assortment..

One Hundred Demons by Lynda Barry -- really good. Comic strip format, but the majority of this collection is not comical. Basically, it's an assortment of the 100 demons she did for Salon.com, which are all about her life. Each strip is a "demon", therefore each strip is the exorcising of that particular demon. Well done, but I wish they would have included all 100 demons. :( I absolutely love her work.

U2 At the End of the World by Bill Flanagan -- again. ;)

Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris -- I believe it was pretty popular when it was released. I've read it a dozen times. Really funny stuff -- the best chapter is The Santa Land Diaries, which chronicles the year Sedaris worked at Macy's Santa Land, as an elf. Several other very funny short stories all relating to Christmas.

I still haven't finished The Ground Beneath Her Feet. I think I need to reread it from the beginning.. I hardly remember it. :reject:

I'm reading a book called Guenevere ...Camelot/Avalon book and it's mindless, which is good right now.
I have a huge list that I want to read....
If I just didn't have to work, I could finish more books...

Back
Top Bottom