Bono on Bono....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KawiKa

Babyface
Is it any good? Anyone got it? I'm thinking of buying it but haven't had a chance to see any excerpts from it.

Any help greatly received.

I got it - one of the best choices when getting a U2 book... Really long interviewa, lots of new stuff you find out...

Get it! :wink:

JCOSTER said:
On Amazon I thought it said it wont be out until Sept. 06.
Where did u get it?

I think you're confusing it with u2 by u2 which is expected to be published next fall. (It was delayed from last fall.)
Bono on Bono is actually Bono in Conversation .
It was published in some countries with one title, in others with the other title, but it's the same Assayas book.

this book is very, very interesting and covers a lot more than just africa. he discusses his faith in more depth than he has in any other instance. if you find bono boring, yes, this may bore you. if you find him fascinating, then definitely get this book.

He defineatly talks about more than Africa, although obviously, since it's an important aspect of his life it gets touched upon more than once. Including some stories about his first visits there.

Lots of interesting stuff in it.
However, be warned that it is basically a transcript of an interview and B is well B, so expect some wandering and rambling. Personally, I think that it simply gives a greater sense of him, if that makes any sense.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Personally, I think that it simply gives a greater sense of him, if that makes any sense.

Agreed. It really gives you a great sense of how thoughtful & philosophical he is. The whole "celebrity with a cause" thing, combined with the "greatest band in the world" bravado, can sometimes make him look a little silly (to everyone else, of course!). This book, however, really shows how deep he really is. :yes:

I think Bono comes across as so intelligent&interesting in that book :up:

It just came out in paperback as well! :wink:

I haven't read it yet... But I will be going too soon I think..

It seems like a great book to read to find out more about Bono's actions and thoughts on a wide variety of topics...

We'll see :)

The book is worth reading, don't pay too much for it though.
He comes across as a really intelligent guy, and he certainly is compassionate about Africa.
And some bits made me laugh as well :)

I think its quite a hard read. Only for the real bono fan:wink:

Meh it was ok. The stuff about Adam and his brothers putting socks over their williams was funny but when he starting talking about scriptures and Africa I instantly switched off. Still there is some great info on the band's early years which is actually worth going through all the rambling to get to. 6.5/10

I have also read it...lots of thoughts about Africa and his relations to God. He is speaking about the band's critical periods as well. I must admit that sometimes I was bored reading it...but there are lots of funny moments in it:yes: It's very philosophical, but a very good book. I liked it.

Back
Top Bottom