Your unpopular U2 opinions here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zooropa is quite possibly the worst album ever made.

And Radiohead is a fucking horrible band(not U2 related but I don't give a fuck)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I can't wait to see what happens in this thread overnight after that post :hyper:

Wow, what a great post Cheers!!!

I thought of another unpopular opinion of mine.. I really liked Crazy Tonight and I kinda missed them playing "straight" in concert, like they did early in the tour.

:hi5: Some love for the album version! Loved the tune from the beginning, it's still my fave NLOTH track (save for NLOTH2 of course).

U2 tour t shirts from 2000 onwards have been terrible. They remind me of WWO shirts of wrestlers bursting out of the chests of the people unfortunate people who decide to wear them. Sort it out. U2 fans are not fat kids and adults high on a gallon of coca cola cheering on a bunch of road heads.

Sent from my SM-G850F using U2 Interference mobile app

U2 tour t shirts from 2000 onwards have been terrible. They remind me of WWO shirts of wrestlers bursting out of the chests of the people unfortunate people who decide to wear them. Sort it out. U2 fans are not fat kids and adults high on a gallon of coca cola cheering on a bunch of road heads.

Sent from my SM-G850F using U2 Interference mobile app

Hey I am! Haha. I'm not morbidly obese or anything, but I'm tall and stocky, with a little extra padding, and I always feel bad for whoever has to stand behind me in GA. In Pittsburgh there was this short girl behind me, and I spend the whole show sort of half crouched down for her to see. My legs and back hurt like hell!

My Vertigo t-shirt fit me well from day one and kept its shape for years until I gained weight and it was too small. I think it was a pretty good shirt.

Rightfully so, considering what I paid for it.

The football version of Stuck is at least better than the other version of stuck where Bono keeps getting thrown out of a van over and over again.

It was a good performance. Bono messed up the you may be a lover but ain't no dancer lines.. And that part at the end where Bono is holding his necklace by the strap almost looks like he is holding an upside down cross (which he isn't obviously).

I love the footy video for Stuck.

At least I did, I haven't seen it in years.

Are you fan of the Flys or Lemons ?

It would be funny if we had to populate a whole league of U2 references in this alternate video universe league.

Flys
Lemons
Claws
Zoo Babies
Cockatoos
Bommerangs
Trabants
Hawkmoons
Beanies
Moles
Tuna Fleets
Wolves
Acrobats
Bee Swarm
Wild Horses
An Cat Dubhs
Space Junk
Tarts

The football version of Stuck is at least better than the other version of stuck where Bono keeps getting thrown out of a van over and over again.

Considering that football version is one of the worst videos I've ever seen, I have to veto this one.

The car video might not be very entertaining, but it's a perfect visual complement to the song. Radiohead-esque, I always thought.

I love the Helter Skelter segment of R&H. I have no defense, I just do.

I'll go one further: The Beatles version is pretty plodding, and U2's version sounds much more melodic. I'm not saying it's better, but they did something different with it. Less dirty, more fun.

I wonder if the van in stuck was the off camera van that bono, I assume, was tossed out of at the end of the stay video.

Starting from the top of their discography:

1. I'm not a huge fan of Out Of Control. It's an okay song but there are several songs on Boy that I prefer listening to.

2. Is That All? is great! I love that drumming and guitar work. The scant lyrics don't bother me one bit!

3. Songs like Stranger In A Strange Land and With A Shout are nice in their own unique way. October is a pretty decent album.

4. I like both Red Light and The Refugee. I can somewhat understand the dislike for Refugee but I cannot understand the hate for Red Light. Anyway, I very much enjoy listening to both.

5. I like both the studio version and the live versions of Bad.

6. I like Van Diemen's Land even though it ends too soon. I actually really enjoy listening to Rattle and Hum a lot!... especially the studio versions.

7. I like One a lot, maybe my fav U2 song.

8. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World is lovely.

9. Babyface is great! Love the vocal delivery here. Bono really nailed it!

10. Numb is very cool. They should've done more different tracks such as this one.

11. Miami on the album is fantastic! Absolutely love the cold eerie synth throughout, the interesting lyrics and the dirty little guitar riff after "here comes car chase".

12. If You Wear That Velvet Dress on Pop is one of their greatest songs ever! And no live version or Jools Holland version comes close to the magic of the album version.

13. Peace On Earth has a really pretty melody and I love it. The lyrics (aside from the cliche sounding song title) are their best on the album.

14. Crumbs From Your Table is one of the best songs on Atomic Bomb, an otherwise poor album.

15. Magnificent is awesome despite having all the qualities of a typically cliche U2 number.

16. I really like Fez Being Born but find it a bit rambling and aimless sometimes.

17. I really like The Troubles but find Lykke Li's contribution to be mediocre at best.

The car video might not be very entertaining, .

WUT? Bono being tossed out of a van over and over again not entertaining? :ohmy:

I always thought that video was the only good thing that shitty song brought us. :wink: I bet the rest of the band had far too much fun tossing Bono out of the van all the time.

lazarus said:
The Beatles version is pretty plodding

Have you ever actually heard the Beatles version of Helter Skelter?

I'm genuinely asking because I don't understand how you could say that of all things. You don't have to like the song, but "plodding" is about as inaccurate an adjective as you could possibly have chosen. "Serene" or "ambient" are the only two I can think of that would be even more off.

He suffered a childhood trauma while that song was playing.

I'll go one further: The Beatles version is pretty plodding, and U2's version sounds much more melodic. I'm not saying it's better, but they did something different with it. Less dirty, more fun.

Hey look, we agree on something! :hifive: I actually don't care for the Beatles one. I know it's their song, but I heard R&H first and it always sounds like the 'right' one to me. I don't understand the 'too pop' characterization of U2's take, since it sounds so toothy and fierce to me, and David is right-- it's one hell of a performance.

Mysterious Ways is probably my least favourite song on AB :reject: and its way too overplayed live imo.

Back
Top Bottom