Worst Song U2 has written?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
I don't like to be negative, I love all of U2's music. But I was wondering what you guys considered to be one of the worst songs they've written. Every band has lots of hits and lots of misses. What do you think are some of U2's misses?

I know that guy on Youtube goes to every video and comments "U2 wrote Miami". But honestly? I don't think Miami is all that bad. The first couple of minutes are a little boring, but it really grows on you.

Anyways, back on subject. What do you consider the worst song they have written?

I'm not really familiar with their very early work, so not counting the pre-Boy stuff, my least favorite song is Red Light, so I'd say that has my vote for worst song they've written.

Boy/Girl is probably the worst they've ever written.

If God Will Send His Angels

because I dislike just about everything about it

Really?

I love that song. Guess everybody has different tastes.

I just listened to POP in it's entirety, without pausing once. And I loved every single song. Before doing that, I really only enjoyed the first three tracks, plus LNOE, and Gone. But now, POP is my third favorite album by U2.

Eh, maybe All Because of You. It's just really generic sounding, maybe even, I don't know, half-assed.

But then again I haven't listened to their entire catalog of songs.

If God Will Send His Angels

because I dislike just about everything about it

Really?! I love that song! But hey, it's your opinion. :)

I don't like to be negative, I love all of U2's music. But I was wondering what you guys considered to be one of the worst songs they've written. Every band has lots of hits and lots of misses. What do you think are some of U2's misses?

I know that guy on Youtube goes to every video and comments "U2 wrote Miami". But honestly? I don't think Miami is all that bad. The first couple of minutes are a little boring, but it really grows on you.

Anyways, back on subject. What do you consider the worst song they have written?

The guy didn't write it because he hates Miami. In fact he loves the song.

And on subject. All I can hear are those horrible DA DA DAAAAAAAAs.

Red Light. It's not even discussable for me. NOTHING comes close. Unless we're talking covers. Then it's that abomaly with MJB.

Stand Up Comedy
Miami

SUC is just sh*t. Why releasing it when you got better stuf?
I don't like Miami either, but it still fits the Popstyle. And I do like Pop... (Sometimes it's hard to be a U2 fan)

I won't skip Red Light though, the song still has something in it. :reject:

I almost forgot. With a Shout (Jerusalem) :doh:

THAT SONG ROCKS!!!

And I'm not Christian or anything.

Anyway, Love and Peace or Else. God I hate that song with a passion.

Red Light or If God Will Send His Angels should also never have been written.

Its an OK song, not one of my favorites.

I agree with Red Light, that one is awful. Its not even on my iPod.

i have NEVER understood why Red Light is so universally hated on this forum. especially when The Refugee (which probably comes close for me, it's been that long since i heard it i don't perfectly recall it) is just a few tracks earlier.

i also love Is That All, or at least what it represents. it was borne out of frustration, it's one of the rawest things U2 have committed to record.

but music is subjective isn't it? because one of my least favourite U2 songs is Dirty Day.

Dirty Day isn't so great either. The line "some days you can't stand the sight of a puppy" sounds quite lame to me.

Back
Top Bottom