Who out there are the Youngest and the Oldest U2 Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about 11??

When I was headed to a Vertigo tour show there was a family on my flight who looked like they might be going to the show too. They had U2 t-shirts, stickers on their luggage, etc. I asked the mom if they were going to see U2. She rolled her eyes and said "this trip is all for my 11 year old son over there, HE is the big fan of the family". :lol: :heart:

grew up with the albums on continuous rotation
became a fan on my own accord vertigo tour sydney 2006 :cute:

Hmm... maybe I'm the youngest active Interference-r?

BonosLil'Pal94 is the youngest I can think of...14. However, the age restriction is 13+, so it is conceivable that there are a number of 13 year-olds here. They just don't post all that regularly.

When I was headed to a Vertigo tour show there was a family on my flight who looked like they might be going to the show too. They had U2 t-shirts, stickers on their luggage, etc. I asked the mom if they were going to see U2. She rolled her eyes and said "this trip is all for my 11 year old son over there, HE is the big fan of the family". :lol: :heart:

Haha that is awesome! :cute:

Big Fan

I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for any news of U2's concerts this year. If luck will be my lady, ha ha, this will be my first U2 concert. :up:

I've been a fan all my life, having got a family of fans. Being 18 now makes me neither the oldest nor the youngest sadly :sad: I miss seeing them when I was 14 and having people say "wow, you're young!" to me :lol:

I've been a fan all my life, having got a family of fans. Being 18 now makes me neither the oldest nor the youngest sadly :sad: I miss seeing them when I was 14 and having people say "wow, you're young!" to me :lol:

18 too....been a fan since 12 or 13.
hahaha me tooo! when i saw my first U2 concert everyone was like so impressed with me it was funny!

18. My mom has always been into them. She got me into them without even knowing at a young age, then a good friend of mine who's a year older than me was really into them, and he further sparked my interest when i was 14. Then, the obsession just grew.

I'm 44, my 22 year old daughter is also a fan and we've gone to several shows together since Elevation tour, but I've been a fan since about '97...hard core after seeing the Zoo tv video and Actung...

I am 52. ...I have been debating whether I'm up to camping out in GA again, I really want to do it. I am looking forward to meeting more Interferencers! Anybody else???
I'll be 37, when the tour is running, so I'm surely not part of the "younger audience" too, that Bono & U2 came to mind.
For your question: You're up to queueing and camping out in GA again, of course! Would be great, to see also some/a lot of more mature faces like you there and to have a chat.:applaud:

If, and I say, if the new 'Live Nation' orga including the FOS (Front Of Stage) system won't destroy this beautiful tradition for the first time in band history. While we were still having a chance with the indoor lottery system in 2005 to get to the FOS, now the times finally seem to have changed, when you look at other 'Live Nation' artists like Depeche Mode, Madonna or AC/DC – that in a way could set the bar for the u2 shows, too.
In these cases the special designed and officially slightly higher priced FOS tickets ("The fans should have a fair and affordable chance to get close, bla bla bla ...") came only in very few low numbers in the (pre-)sale and then were officially said to be sold out within seconds. But the FOS are far from sold out nevertheless: You find thousands of them in the Internet (to be resold for fortunes:mad:) and even worse as part of complete official "VIP-packages", "5-star-packages", "DeLuxe-packages", "Special Fansale" etc. – where prices with more than a 100% plus price are called a "cheap offer".
This kind of Apartheid-system will have an A-class section (with a very few lucky U2 fans from the official sale: with more not so lucky U2 fans, who might have thrown themselves into costs, that will harm them after the hysteria & concerts are gone; and filled with VIP-people, who walk in shorty with their suits, drinks and the "Oh who are those U2?"-event-face, as alraedy noticed in Amsterdam & Dublin last time ...) and a B-class section with the first dozen lines filled with real fans, who might have queued up for ages, still in the desparate hope to get to the real front (which won't happen with an extra FOS section!) and the rest of the concert goers ...

This vision might not only be a shock for many, a debate ("U2 don't know anything about this, because it's only 'Live Nation' – which wouldn't be true, because U2 sold themselves with conscious for much, much money to that company, that wants the money back from us, folks...) but a kind of damage to what all this here should be about. I'm really worried about, how the system of 'Live Nation' and the fans' wishes will get along this year ...

By the way: The whole "This time we play for the younger audiences", I've never liked at all. It's a kind of Apartheid too, as if us elder fans and very often long-time-supporters of Mr. Bono & Co would have less value. Both, elder and younger audiences should be one in a concert by a band, that might dive back in their catalogue and rediscover some dust-off old tunes (which older and younger fans will be happy about) and play newer and current staff (which older and younger fans will be happy about, too).
And, yes, many of us 100years plus guys (Bono, you will celebrate your 50ieth birthday, too, young man!?) would enjoy more electronics, more multimedia, a departure to new territory – but we are not to be left behind!:wink:

I am 24 and have been a fan since I was 15...

Sunday Bloody Sunday from Rattle and Hum was the track... I downloaded it accidentally from Napster instead of the studio version. Changed my life.

So many young people here :cute: I LOVE it! This is a true strength of U2, to attract young and older people, that's just great. I really like to read from young people who haven't followed the band for over 20 years. Sometimes I feel many "older" fans tend to complain more and be cynical about the band, I hate that so much.

I'm 33 myself and first got into U2 in the early 90s. But I only became a "diehard" fan around 2000 and especially during the Elevation tour.

I'm 35. I've been a fan since I was ...... 14 or so, I think.
Hey, me too! (Well, except for the since 14 part. I became a fan at the age of 18. I spent most of high school claiming I hated U2 but that's because I wasn't really familiar with their music and was too embarrassed to admit it. :reject: )

I am very surprised to see so many younger people here (and by this I mean those under 21-22). Most of you were too young to when U2 exploded and I am just surprised to see this many of you listening to and enjoying their music. I don't mean any of this in a bad way! I think it GREAT to see younger generations appreciating U2 music, in this day in age when most of the young people listen to some crap that IMO should not even get any airplay. So props to all of you and I hope to see many young people on the next tour.

BTW, I am 33 (but i guess that's easy to figure out from my name :sexywink:)

21 here. Been a fan since 1998. Have gained quite a reputation as the big U2 fan in my family, my mother started listening to them because I was listening ALL THE TIME. I'm not as obsessive these days and have learned to appreciate bands like Joy Division, The Clash, and My Bloody Valentine with a similar passion...but U2 will always hold a very special place in my heart as the first band I ever really got into and the first band I saw live...my "main band" (and I shall always have a man-crush on Adam Clayton).

Back
Top Bottom