What is U2's best 'rock' song ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
One hypothetical: Imagine you are in a dirty American biker bar, and must choose one U2 song from the Jukebox that won't result in you getting your ass kicked ?

I choose God Part II

(maybe Bullet since it was used to in the promo for season 7 of Sons of Anarchy)

This is just one scenario of what how I could sneak a U2 song into a specific bar setting without upsetting the crowd. Last Saturday I was in a backwoods bar in Northeastern Pennsylvania, and was getting tired of the Nickelback, Disturbed, Country junk that rotates so I played God Part II. Seemed to go over well even if they didn't know it was U2. Noticed some gruff bearded fellas at the knocking their knuckles on the bar to the beat and the female bartender doing the same with her head.

Until The End of the World, no doubt.

I am a sucker for Vertigo, too. The riff is so good.

God Part II is a good choice OP, absolutely love that song.

My rankings

God Part II
Until the End of the World
Vertigo
Desire
The Fly
Bullet the Blue Sky
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Mysterious Ways
HMTMKMKM

They have Vintage U2 anthems that resemble nothing except U2 (Streets, Pride, Gloria)
Pop-Rock - Beautiful Day, Elevation

It's a shame that last verse of God Part II is so demanding in energy and pitch. Imagine it as a live staple . . . drool.

I'd love to see a contestant on the Voice do it . . . Speedballs, Uzis, Rape.

Until the End of the World is an absolute monster.

I think Exit deserves a mention, and even Bullet the Blue Sky, if only for its ever-shifting incarnations over the years (the album original is actually kind of bleh).

HMTMKMKM....
It's a brilliant rocker. An album of songs like this released in the 90's would have destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

What about Cedarwood Road?

(I need to go to bed... I just typed Cedarweed Road. :crack: :lol: )

I think it only gets good towards the end. I thought I'd like it a lot more live, but it lacks power and other than the guitar riff section it mostly wanders about unexcitedly. Fitting then that in the song Bono walks on Cedarwood Road inside the screen during the verses, but as a rock song it's not very good.

Electric Co.
Untill the end of the world
Bullet
The Fly
Out of Control
God part II

Where the Streets Have No Name!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom