U2 on XM / Sirius ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
So re-upped my Sirius in the ride and this may sound silly but I don't use it to listen to U2 so I have no idea which satellite stations play it - new, old, whatever - maybe more new, I'd like to see how it's catching on..

What stations do people typically hear U2 on? Maybe people can post when they hear it, and where?

Has there ever been any movement to have a U2 satellite station? I think Pearl Jam Stones and Bruce have their own, right?

Sent from my ass crack

I've had XM and then Sirius/XM since 2004, mainly for Opie and Anthony, Ron and Fez and Howard Stern. I'd occasionally listen to music, and I had the radio set to automatically ping me when U2 came on. Once in a while you'll hear non- singles. I've seen A Man and A Woman, Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World, Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own acoustic and some other album cuts and remixes. 90% of the time though, it'll be the usual WOWY, Mysterious Ways, BD, ISHWILF, Pride. I don't really pay attention to the channel names, but quite a few have played U2.

Several artists have their own channel or have had limited runs of their own channel. Pearl Jam has had a channel for years. I had fell off from paying attention to them for a while, then that channel got me re interested in them.

Overall my listening time has gone down over the last 6 months to almost zero. The talk shows I had it for in the first place are falling off, and any music I can pull up on the MC Tube app. I actually went to cancel my subscription yesterday but you can't do it via email and have to call and I was too lazy. They stink of "we'll do anything to keep you", so maybe I'll hold on to it if they offer something good. I'm currently paying $15 per month.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

It depends on the radio you have. You should be able to see what features are available on the SiriusXM website. It's called Song Seek or Song or Artist Alert, I think. I had the MyFi and it worked great. You could program a handful of artists or specific songs, and anytime they came on it would give you the choice to switch stations. The MyFi also allowed you to record 6 hours of content. When the MyFi died out a few years back, I just used the app on my phone. The app has solid features like On Demand, and a feature called MySirius, which lets you tailor your listening preferences like deep tracks vs. familiar.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yeah. Good thread. My new car's Mazda Connect system lets me save up to 50 favorites so I will follow this closely.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

36 is their alternative station where I've heard Invisible and Miracle a few times, but lately it's rare.

Sent from my fingertips.

36 huh? Ok I will check that out also.

I really don't even know how to do anything with my sat radio like favorite artists etc but it's Honda factory and typically pretty bare bones. I'm gonna try tho for sure.

Sent from my ass crack

First Wave plays a lot of U2, early stuff, as its a 80s and early 90s orientated station. That and Alt Nation (36) and probably XMU are my favorites. Unfortunately i let the subscription expire on my fleet and am currently XM-less until they send me a renewal offer i cant pass up. Last time it was 6 months for $30 or something like that, which is just too good to pass up.

Fuck me, Honda's XM radio sucks balls. All I can do is assign presets. Wow great work Honda. Lol

Guess I'm stuck with this deck till the factory warranty runs out...or I upgrade to the '15 :uhoh: :shifty:

Sent from my ass crack

Fuck me, Honda's XM radio sucks balls. All I can do is assign presets. Wow great work Honda. Lol

Guess I'm stuck with this deck till the factory warranty runs out...or I upgrade to the '15 :uhoh: :shifty:

Sent from my ass crack

Do it!

*cries a bit because I'm now $24,000 in dept after my purchase yesterday

I heard more U2 on 28 (The Spectrum) when the album dropped than I did on 35 or 36. I was frankly surprised to hear it at all on the Alt or XMU stations.

Oh, and note that stations numbered 008 play the '80s music, 009 does the '90s, and so on. You can hear JT tracks often enough on 008, with Pride and Desire and a few others thrown around here and there. On 009 it's mainly MW and One. The millennial station has BD and Stuck going on sometimes.

Sent from my fingertips.

I usually listen to Sirius in my car. There's a First Wave station that plays what they call 80's alternative. U2 will appear on there a fair amount and one of the DJ's was even blasting Sharon Osbourne for her silly comments about U2. I believe this is 36.

Modern alternative, which I believe is 33, may play U2 (I heard "Iris" on there), but usually they play "hit" alternative songs. At present, none of the songs from SOI has taken off enough to become a "hit" so it is more rare.

Then there's channels 8 and 9, representing hit songs from the 80's and 90's respectively. U2 will appear on those stations (mostly "One" and "Mysterious Ways" though from the 90's).

All of the artist channels are partnerships between the band/act and Sirius/XM...so it's a two way street. U2 would have to show interest.

I agree, but I found it odd that U2 never launched their own station - at least for a short while - when promoting an album. With all of their years of tours and corresponding recordings, they have more than enough material to last. Add in b-sides, rarities, interviews, collaborations, some solo projects, cover songs, etc. and this really beefs up their catalog.

If Springsteen and Pearl Jam could hold stations, U2 could too. I thought they might back when NLOTH was released, but no. Maybe it's because Sirius is a U.S. only type of thing?

33 is the "early alternative" days, so they wouldn't be playing Iris on it. It was probably 35 or 36.

35 & 36 are my favorite stations so far. Also really like the electronic music stations.

I've definitely heard them most on 28 The Spectrum. Spectrum plays tracks throughout an artist's career. U2 frequent their playlist as well as Van Morrison, Oasis, Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay, and Dave Matthews Band.

In the last two weeks I've heard Miracle, Volcano, New Year's Day, Vertigo, One, With or Without You, Bad and Sunday Bloody Sunday. They're all over!

Interestingly I've heard DJ's share music news updates about U2 on The Pulse (top 40ish and more) and Alt Nation (modern alt rock) but haven't heard them play any U2 tracks. There were quick news blasts after they released SOI, the Bono glaucoma revelation on Graham Norton, and the initial Bono written response to the backlash ("charts are broken," we were worried people mightn't hear it"). The female DJ on Alt Nation reacted to that last story saying she's always "loved Bono no matter what" but that he shouldn't ever apologize for releasing music.

I need to get a radio with that alert thingy I don't want to have to put up with all those other artists just to hear U2 lol.

My dial stays in the 40s mainly. Sometimes that new wave and 80s channel also.

Sent from my ass crack

On your fleet!? What are ya, loaded? Lol

Sent from my ass crack

oh yeah. like a cannon in battle.

Or bloody toy dolls left in the wake of the storm. All of the splintered wood, blood stained nails, flesh and bone marrow.

The earth didn't reach it's proper rotation but that's not my fault nor do i really even care.

Like forced air into a flimsy paper box, we collapse.

All of the rotten things we've done we now become as one.

Captured in a mural of our reflection to the sun. Till the mountains obscure the moon for the rest of time. Darkness will be the central character of our lives.

Nothing to chase the flies away anymore.

Back
Top Bottom