U2.com Subscriber Gift?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No word, but our general collective belief is basically that there will be no gift this year. Instead, there will be an album early next year, and U2.com subscribers will get presale access to tour tickets.

Ugh....I've subscribed every time the tour has come around, but I don't know. I feel like I'll be able to score GA's a week before the show if I really want them.

I've been around long enough to receive both a "subscriber gift" and "presale access" in the same year on several occasions, so I'll be disappointed if they drop one for the other. They've released live CD counterparts of pretty much all of the concert DVDs; two remix compilations; the Duets collection; b-sides/outtakes. All that's left is for them to send us a Christmas album that they've been working on alongside this "next album."

Yes, winning another National Championship looks doable at this point too. A test this weekend vs. LSU.

~U2Alabama

I've been around long enough to receive both a "subscriber gift" and "presale access" in the same year on several occasions, so I'll be disappointed if they drop one for the other. They've released live CD counterparts of pretty much all of the concert DVDs; two remix compilations; the Duets collection; b-sides/outtakes. All that's left is for them to send us a Christmas album that they've been working on alongside this "next album."

Yes, winning another National Championship looks doable at this point too. A test this weekend vs. LSU.

~U2Alabama

I think we'll get a gift!

~U2Alabama

I think you guys are due to lose a few of those Championship games. With all of the *special pressure* Saban is under from winning, I would hate to see him jump ship and end up in Austin :uhoh:

To follow two years of really cool subscriber's gifts (U22 and From the Ground Up) with nothing would be totally crazy. Then again, besides more live material, I can't think of anything that would really make for a good fan club CD at this point.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Songs of Ascent was more or less finished. It would be great to get that as a fan club gift, although it obviously won't happen now because it would steal the thunder from the next album.

Songs of Ascent, much like the Saban-Texas rumors, is nothing more than a unicorn.

People who chase unicorns probably live entertaining lives, however, they die horny and empty handed.

I think you guys are due to lose a few of those Championship games. With all of the *special pressure* Saban is under from winning, I would hate to see him jump ship and end up in Austin :uhoh:

Austin is a fantastic place. And the Fire Mack Brown Campaign has a loud voice, although it has quieted a bit as of late.

In all seriousness, what are those of you whose memberships are about to expire going to do? Mine expires in a few days, and I guess I'm just going to resubscribe so I can get the reduced rate. If they haven't announced a new gift by then, I guess I'll be getting yet another copy of From the Ground Up? :doh:

Last year I heard that you can let your membership run out for even several months and you don't lose your seniority. So, in order to not get another U22, I let it run out and when I re-upped a month or do later, it didn't seem to be a problem. But since then now I heard the opposite, that you do lose seniority, so now I don't know. If that's the case, it's complete BS- their timing is so screwed up that lots of people end up either losing their seniority or with 2 identical subscriber gifts. My subscription runs out in 2 days, I plan to let it run out until they give me a good reason to re-subscribe.

I'm going to just renew. Chances are that I would care very little about any subscriber gift that they'd cook up. Presale codes are the reason why I subscribe.

Last year I heard that you can let your membership run out for even several months and you don't lose your seniority. So, in order to not get another U22, I let it run out and when I re-upped a month or do later, it didn't seem to be a problem. But since then now I heard the opposite, that you do lose seniority, so now I don't know. If that's the case, it's complete BS- their timing is so screwed up that lots of people end up either losing their seniority or with 2 identical subscriber gifts. My subscription runs out in 2 days, I plan to let it run out until they give me a good reason to re-subscribe.

I just gave my extra copy of U22 to a relative, which they seemed to really appreciate. I did purchase the higher-tired membership last year for the Zoo TV CDs though, which I thought was worth the extra $30 or so (along with From the Ground Up and the accompanying CD, of course).

hold off on resubscribing! send 'em a note

ak1x.png

hold off on resubscribing! send 'em a note

ak1x.png

Thanks for this! I sent them a note, they got back within the hour and said to go ahead and re-subscribe, and then send them the order number and they would suspend shipping until the new gift was available. We shall see- if I get another From the Ground Up I'm gonna be a little annoyed.

Thanks for this! I sent them a note, they got back within the hour and said to go ahead and re-subscribe, and then send them the order number and they would suspend shipping until the new gift was available. We shall see- if I get another From the Ground Up I'm gonna be a little annoyed.

Yes, thank you for this. It's the kind of news I was hoping for!

I would not trust them. Wait until the new gift is announced.

They still owe me a 'duals' from a couple of years ago, not that I ever complained or anything...

How amazingly WICKED would it be if the new subscriber gift was a live CD of the unreleased tracks from 360: Stingray, Mercy, BFFTS, Glastonbury, EBW, North Star etc.

U2 decides none of these are candidates for the new album and gives Live Nation the ok to release them! That'd be the best gift ever.

Hell, they could even shove IALE and Crazy Tonight on the disk and I wouldn't be pissed!

Who is "them"?

I want to contact them, to find out if I can still get the current gift. I don't mind getting the next one in 11 months or whatever.

especially if it's a live CD of Stingray, Glastonbury, Mercy, etc :angry: Chocky :angry:
:wink:

How amazingly WICKED would it be if the new subscriber gift was a live CD of the unreleased tracks from 360: Stingray, Mercy, BFFTS, Glastonbury, EBW, North Star etc.

U2 decides none of these are candidates for the new album and gives Live Nation the ok to release them! That'd be the best gift ever.

Hell, they could even shove IALE and Crazy Tonight on the disk and I wouldn't be pissed!

That would really kick ass chocky. Every time the U2.com website asked what your favorite this or that was and they were posting answers, I tried to work in my answer to include these songs on an upcoming release so we have a 'Complete' U2360 audio collection, because those particular song performances really made this tour special. Had they ever played so many unreleased songs before on tour, not including soundchecks?

Back
Top Bottom