U2 3D Blu-ray 3D release date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
U2-3D%20Blu%20ray%203d.jpg

Has there been any more news regarding the release of the U2 3D movie on blu-ray 3d? U2Chile.net ran this story back in April..

U2News: U23D será lanzada en formato Blu Ray 3D por National Geographic

translated...
In one of the concerts in Argentina, the friends of U2Chile.net was confirmed with Craig Evans, director of U2360 ° Tour and former collaborator of U2, U23D will be released on Blu-Ray 3D in the coming months.

According to Evans, who also spoke with fans in front of the stadium One of La Plata, said that "Blu Ray release of the movie U23D is a fact, is in production status, but U2 is not responsible for the development but an outside company suitable for this purpose. "

That company is National Geographic commissioned to produce the film released in 2008, so now we can only hope this great release.

I hope the release U2 3D in blu-ray 3D format is still in the works! I'm getting the new Sony 3D TV headset that's coming out at the end of the month, so I'll be able to play this disc in 3D if and when it does come out.

I'm sure it is a Photoshop job, but that is probably close to what the final product will end up looking like when it's released.

Since U2 isn't part of the development of the blu-ray 3D release, that probably means we won't be getting any bonus tracks that weren't in the theatrical release. That was my one complaint about the movie, it was too short and not a full-length concert. But I'll take the theatrical release. Better than not having it at all.

I doubt it'll be. Especially since it's from last tour. If it happens, it'll be on the Bomb remaster which will happen in 15 years or so.

Has there been any news about this?? I wonder what they're waiting for, home 3d technology can now match that of the cinema!! Can't wait to see this one on my 55" set!

No news. That Chilean thing was obviously fake. I highly doubt it'll ever happen. U2 don't tend to enjoy their past much, save for the recent remaster spree.

Galeongirl said:
No news. That Chilean thing was obviously fake. I highly doubt it'll ever happen. U2 don't tend to enjoy their past much, save for the recent remaster spree.

I agree. As much as I'd love to see this happen (because I've never seen U23D), I don't think it will.

Has there been any news about this?? I wonder what they're waiting for, home 3d technology can now match that of the cinema!! Can't wait to see this one on my 55" set!

Nope, no news. My guess is that it will never get a release.

The time to release it is now. There are tons of 3D concerts out. If any of you have a 3D TV and Comcast, you can order 3D films - including concerts!

While "Vertigo" is now "old" (after 360), why not show it? I never got the chance to see the 3D show. If U2 don't want it on cable, at least make it a 3D Blu-Ray. Many 3D movies also have the 2D Blu-Ray and 2D DVD (and even a download for portable devices). This would help increase sales. Even if it's not a big seller, cut advertising (U2.com only, for example), and limit the production.

But I guess we have to wait for some reissue of HTDAAB before we get to see this. Sigh.

Um, there's about a 100% chance this will end up being released on BD3D. Fairly surprised that anyone would think otherwise. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if it got a standard BD release as well (though this is less certain).

Red Rocks, Zoo TV and PopMart were all released on DVD 10, 15 or even 20 years after their original release. What, U2 is supposed to just bury and forget the first ever 3D concert presentation?

It will happen, it's just all in the when.

I'd settle for an official soundtrack release in the meantime. I loved that cool ambient intro with the voice repeatedly saying "Everyone..." (same from the actual shows. wonder who that guy was). Goosebumps. The mixing of all the songs was fucking superb.

Best we can do i guess till they decide to bring it out:

U2 3D Vertigo - YouTube

Nick66 said:
Um, there's about a 100% chance this will end up being released on BD3D. Fairly surprised that anyone would think otherwise. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if it got a standard BD release as well (though this is less certain).

Red Rocks, Zoo TV and PopMart were all released on DVD 10, 15 or even 20 years after their original release. What, U2 is supposed to just bury and forget the first ever 3D concert presentation?

It will happen, it's just all in the when.

Do U2 own rights to U23D? I seem to recall that they do not, but I may be wrong.

I'd settle for an official soundtrack release in the meantime. I loved that cool ambient intro with the voice repeatedly saying "Everyone..." (same from the actual shows. wonder who that guy was). Goosebumps. The mixing of all the songs was fucking superb.

Best we can do i guess till they decide to bring it out:

U2 3D Vertigo - YouTube

True. Best Live mix I've ever heard..... Would love the soundtrack.

That voice is Bono's, actually. :)

They do own the home video rights (unlike R&H) along with Universal.

Gotcha. Well, that would definitely make it more likely. In that case, my biggest concern would be the difference in aspect ratio between IMAX and HDTV, because IMAX is much more square. It would be interesting to see what U23D would look like cropped into 16:9, with a lot of the top and the bottom removed.

Back
Top Bottom