The Edge Breaks Down U2's Upcoming 'Joshua Tree' Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the two songs the fans are most dying to hear are "Acrobat" and "Drowning Man." They've never been done live. Is there a chance they'll finally be done?
That's very interesting. I didn't know that fans were interested in "Drowning Man." I mean "Acrobat," for sure, I guess. It was one of those kind of more dramatic pieces from Achtung Baby. But that's interesting. I'll take note of that. We always want to listen to our fans because in our experience, music fans are seldom wrong. There's something to what they say, so I'll take note of that. I'm not saying we'll definitely do it, but we're at this wonderful situation where we've got a blank canvas.

Starting the year with a great interview. I doubt we'll see Drowning Man or Acrobat on this tour, still optimistic it will eventually show up on a setlist in the future.

I think the two songs the fans are most dying to hear are "Acrobat" and "Drowning Man." They've never been done live. Is there a chance they'll finally be done?
That's very interesting. I didn't know that fans were interested in "Drowning Man." I mean "Acrobat," for sure, I guess. It was one of those kind of more dramatic pieces from Achtung Baby. But that's interesting. I'll take note of that. We always want to listen to our fans because in our experience, music fans are seldom wrong. There's something to what they say, so I'll take note of that. I'm not saying we'll definitely do it, but we're at this wonderful situation where we've got a blank canvas.

In september 2015 Dallas told me that they had rehearsed Acrobat, so there might be a chance.

Interview

These are the kind of interviews that always seem to bring us false hope. It would seem from this interview that a songs of experience album is imminent, potentially coming out in the fall. Maybe they'd even play a few songs on the Joshua tree tour. But we've been burned by news before, although edge seems to make fewer missteps than Bono. I wish they were coming to Vegas or Salt Lake on the tour. It's been 15 years since I saw them on the elevation tour.

Back
Top Bottom