Songs you'd like to hear on the next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ones that have good chances:

Elevation, Stuck In a Moment (full band, not some lame acoustic version), Desire, All I Want Is You, Mysterious Ways, SYCMIOYO, The Fly, Stay, Bad, I Still Haven't Found,
I Will Follow

The ones that have poor chances:

HMTMKMKM, Love and Peace or Else, COBL, Kite, Lemon, Discothèque, MOFO, If God Will Send His Angels, Gone, Angel of Harlem

The ones that have no chance at all:

Miami, Levitate, Smile, A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel, God Part II, LNOE, Crumbs from Your Table, Lady with the Spinning Head, The Playboy Mansion

I'd love to hear (off the top of my head):

One
One Tree Hill
Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Stuck in a Moment
In a Little While
Original of the Species
Last Night On Earth

VertigoX17

just kidding. I could go a whole tour without hearing that song and not feel bad about it

Two Hearts Beat As One
Exit
Wire
God Part 2
Last Night On Earth
Lemon
Acrobat
Dirty Day
Mofo
Golden Eye (a very subjective fantasy I know!)
Ultra Violet
Even better Than The Real Thing

Songs that have to go- Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Pride. These three "anthems" are sounding tired. Plus, it's about time U2 rediscovered some irony.

HMTMKMKM, Love and Peace or Else, COBL, Kite, Lemon, Discothèque, MOFO, If God Will Send His Angels, Gone, Angel of Harlem

I'd say that COBL has an excellent chance... it's one of only three Bomb songs that made it to the end of the Vertigo Tour, and they have to carry something over that's not Vertigo. That would probably be at least COBL or Sometimes...Own, and the former is the amazing live song.

Also, I personally think that Angel of Harlem is a given for the next tour... and that we haven't seen the last of Disco and Lemon.

But here are all the songs I'd like to be played on the next tour, in order by album:

I Will Follow
Cry / Electric Co.
Gloria
October
Tomorrow (heh, yeah right)
Party Girl
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday (OCCASIONALLY)
Seconds (another heh)
"40"
A Sort of Homecoming
Wire (another heh)
The Unforgettable Fire
BAD (every night)
MLK (on occasion)
Streets
Still Haven't Found / In a Little While or Exodus
With or Without You / Shine Like Stars
RTSS (Zoo TV Style only)
RHMT (more possible now than ever before... but still rather impossible)
In God's Country (heh)
One Tree Hill
Mothers of the Disappeared / El Pueblo Vencera
Angel of Harlem
Desire (occasionally)
Watchtower (heh)
Hawkmoon (heh)
Heartland (heh)
God Part II (heh)
AIWIY
Zoo Station
Real Thing
One / Hear Us Coming
UTEOTW
Wild Horses
So Cruel
The Fly (every night)
Mysterious Ways
TTTYAATW
Ultraviolet... LIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT...
Acrobat
Love is Blindness (yes, that is all of Achtung Baby)
Zooropa (heh)
Lemon
Stay
Daddy's Gonna Pay
The First Time
Dirty Day
The Wanderer
HMTMKMKM
Miss Sarajevo
Your Blue Room (heh)
Discothèque
Mofo
SATS (full electric)
Gone
Please
North and South of the River (heh)
The Ground Beneath Her Feet (heh)
Beautiful Day
Walk On (full electric)
Electrical Storm (heh)
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights (every night)
WITS
Wave of Sorrow
And a bunch of stuff from the new album.

Stay- The new acoustic arrangement
The Fly & With Or Without you- with Bono actually SINGING them instead of TALKING THROUGH them! :angry:
Lemon- I see them seriously trying it out this time around- If Bono is up for it
Discotheque
One Tree Hill- After hearing their amazing performance of it in '06 why not?!?!
Streets- Of course! No more of Bono screaming AFFRIIIICAHHHHHH!!! though. please. we get it.
Electrical Storm- Most likely not to happen but a guy can dream
Even Better than the real thing- They haven't played this one since '01. It's about time.
In a Little While- Full song. Not just snippeted!
Bad
Gone
Stuck in a moment- Acoustic arrangement
Elevation- As long as they play it like on the Elevation tour. The Vertigo version was BORING.
As many of the new songs as possible

Things I never want to hear again-
Bullet
Sunday Bloody Frickin' Sunday
Vertigo
Pride
Love & Peace
Yahweh

The ones that have good chances:

[

Agree that most of those have a poor chance, but COBL I think will appear in most of the sets, it's a great song live and one of the highlights of the Vertigo tour.

I also have a feeling that with all the talk of having the new record being an amalgamation of UF and Achtung Baby, even Pop as well, that we will hear more songs from those albums.

The last tour we heard some songs from Boy that hadn't been played for years like An Cat Dubh, Cry, Into The Heart etc. It would be great if the band could refer back to The Unforgettable Fire on this tour and even though they play Bad and Pride quite regularly now, it would be great to hear A Sort of Homecoming, The Unforgettable Fire and Wire on the next tour, it seems to link in with some of the new tunes and feel of the new album.

The Vertigo tour also had quite a few songs from Achtung Baby and that was als another highlight, partic hearing Zoo Station and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Maybe they will play Until The End Of The World more often this time or bring back Even Better Than The Real Thing, that hasn't been heard since the PopMart tour, apart from a few occasions.

Gone, One Tree Hill, Last Night on Earth, Dirty Day, Stay, Mofo, A Celebration.

Songs I wouldn't like to hear: Elevation, Pride, Sunday Bloody Sunday.

(important ones bolded)

Play: Electrical Storm, Ultraviolet, Stay, One Tree Hill, Running To Stand Still, The Electric Co., Discothèque, Walk On, Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Gloria, Mysterious Ways, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Beautiful Day, Until The End of the World, Acrobat

Don't play: With Or Without You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride, Bad, Love and Peace or Else, All Because of You, Elevation, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Window In The Skies

Out Of Control
Gloria
A Sort Of Homecoming
The Unforgettable Fire
One Tree Hill
Exit
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Zoo Station

do's
-play whatever songs fit the general vibe of the new album
-break out something never heard before live
-break out something not played in 20+ years
-have a song that morphs it's way into streets again...
-red intro into streets

don't
-african flag/preach into streets
-10 minute spoken intro to one
-that... that's about it

Please Retire:
Pride
ISHFWILF
BTBS
Vertigo

Like to See:
11:00 Tick Tock
Electric Co.
Seconds
An Cat Dubh
ASOH
TUF
Wire
Bad
Promenade
Exit
RTSS
Streets
One Tree Hill
Heartland
HmTmKmKm
Van Diemann's
The Fly
UltraViolet (just when Axver is in crowd)
MoFo
Dirty Day
Walk On
COBL

do's
-red intro into streets

don't
-that... that's about it

One more don't: stop singing to dedicate the song to "whoever famous person" sitting in the audience.

Electrical Storm
Red Hill Mining Town.

AINT GONNA HAPPEN THOUGH IS IT??

FFS Bono, if you cant sing Red Hill get Edge to do it. >_> Or Larry. Wait...not Larry. Anything but Larry...

I just found a strange mix of Electrical Storm in my iTunes Library. :hyper:

Stories For Boys
Twilight
I Fall Down
Tomorrow
October
Seconds
Drowning Man
Two Hearts Beat As One
A Sort Of Homecoming
The Unforgettable Fire
Promenade
Red Hill Mining Town
Exit
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Spanish Eyes
Walk To The Water
Hawkmoon 269
Love Rescue Me
God Part II
Slow Dancing
So Cruel
Acrobat
Dirty Day
Discotheque (2005 version)
When I Look At The World
Electrical Storm
Crumbs From Your Table
Fast Cars
Mercy
Window In The Skies
Wave Of Sorrow

... at least some of them, hm:applaud:

Please (full band)
Stay (full band zoo style)
Love is blindness (full, not that vertigo snippet style)
Lemon ( although i think this song has a snow balls chance in hell at being played)
Mofo (please see above ^)
Unforgettable fire
Even better than the real thing
HMTMKMKM

although i do think that bono's improved voice lately might get U2 feelin' a little ballsy in the song selection...hopefully

Please (full band)
Stay (full band zoo style)
Love is blindness (full, not that vertigo snippet style)
Lemon ( although i think this song has a snow balls chance in hell at being played)
Mofo (please see above ^)
Unforgettable fire
Even better than the real thing
HMTMKMKM
although i do think that bono's improved voice lately might get U2 feelin' a little ballsy in the song selection...hopefully

What a cracking list! I couldn't agree more. I hope that Bono will tackle Lemon again, now his spellbinding Zoo TV croon has returned. To sum up the opinions I've read, I'd say there is a general desire among the fans for U2 to play their 90s stuff again instead of apologising for it. What are the chances of that? I'm not sure. It was discouraging to read Edge's comments about Last Night On Earth in U2 by U2. He effectively said they'd never do it live because it lacks the magic of NYD etc. For me that is completely wrong- it rocked harder than anything on the popmart tour and was a timely reminder that when he puts his mind to it, Bono can actually play some decent guitar.

do's
-red intro into streets

don't
-that... that's about it

Yes, a good call. I'm getting tired of the preaching. It's why U2 got such a bad name in the late eighties. Yes, Bono does a lot of good work but there are more subtle ways of conveying a message, through irony for instance, which is why I thought Zoo Tv was so effective. I also think the preaching saps the show of energy and wastes Bono's voice.

I can only imagine the anticipation of the setlists parties, waiting for the song chosen for this tour. When they played An Cat Dubh, I could not believe my ears.

UF is what I am expecting and waiting for.

Back
Top Bottom