Songs That Need A Rest This Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Setlist Party Tropes That Need A Rest This Tour:

PITNOL
Posting the same lame gifs for a song at every show (which includes the aforementioned PITNOL)
any gif related to masturbation and/or Daffy Duck

Setlist Party Tropes That Need A Rest This Tour:

PITNOL
Posting the same lame gifs for a song at every show (which includes the aforementioned PITNOL)
any gif related to masturbation and/or Daffy Duck

Oh god yes, co-signed.

Also:

4. Calling HMTMKMKM "Batman".

SBS and With or Without You would be my picks to get a rest this tour. Although, I think it's unlikely they'll drop WOWY, especially on the American leg.

If this album is inspired by their early days as they claim, I could see I Will Follow and New Year's Day being staples of the setlist. In God's Country would be a wonderful rarity to hear this time around as well.

11 O'clock Tick Tock every show.

Alongside ASOH, hearing that song live is my holy grail.

I've been waiting and wanting to hear them play ASOH again for so long I'm afraid to hear it if they do. Because of the relative rarity of high quality boots from TUF tour, the studio version of that song is the one I know every beat and note of so well. And that's the problem...I just have visions of Bono forgetting the words, or slurring them because he's forgotten them, or leaving out entire verses (ala WAIA), etc. And worst of all, the last thing I want to hear is something like "And Africa hungers for a time..."

Oh who am I kidding? I'll :drool: when I hear the first notes, even if we do get just a reasonable semblance of the song.

I do really wish there were more good soundboards of that song.

Oh Nick, if that's the case I really hope you haven't heard either version of ASOH from the Elevation Tour. They'd break your heart.

Even though it isn't a song, the following Bono quote has become a staple over the last few tours and it really needs to go away forever.

"America...It's a great idea."

Holy shit.

I've been waiting and wanting to hear them play ASOH again for so long I'm afraid to hear it if they do. Because of the relative rarity of high quality boots from TUF tour, the studio version of that song is the one I know every beat and note of so well. And that's the problem...I just have visions of Bono forgetting the words, or slurring them because he's forgotten them, or leaving out entire verses (ala WAIA), etc. And worst of all, the last thing I want to hear is something like "And Africa hungers for a time..."

Oh who am I kidding? I'll :drool: when I hear the first notes, even if we do get just a reasonable semblance of the song.

I do really wish there were more good soundboards of that song.

I was listening to Sharks in the Highchair today. Does anyone else know of a better bootleg from TUF Tour?

Not sure why but Invisible has sparked my interest in alot in the back catalog. I forget how great of an album War was. Listening to alot of b sides and rarities. How great is Bass Trap and 3 Sunrises.

Lots of bands have done a classic album in its entirety . Problem with u2 is that, its not that i think they wouldn't do it, they just won't do it, plugged in, in front of anyone, and instruments in their hands or a mic.

U2 has too many singles at this point to play them all in one show. They might as well take a handful of them (WOWY, One, Pride, SBS, Bullet, NYD) and rotate them based on their mood. I don't see what's so hard about that, considering they've played those songs eleventy billion times anyway.

They should make Out of Control a regular occurrence.

It's pretty weird how easily the band can play that tune and it certainly goes over well with audiences. It's just that they don't want to play it, I guess. But like "Gloria" and a few other songs, it's something they could perform in their sleep. Set lists could have a lot more variation if they were willing to chuck in songs like these since they're proven to work in a live context and easy to perform...

Lots of bands have done a classic album in its entirety . Problem with u2 is that, its not that i think they wouldn't do it, they just won't do it, plugged in, in front of anyone, and instruments in their hands or a mic.

Dinosaur act teritorry.

Also, I think present day U2 attempting full albums from the past, won't end well.

It's pretty weird how easily the band can play that tune and it certainly goes over well with audiences. It's just that they don't want to play it, I guess. But like "Gloria" and a few other songs, it's something they could perform in their sleep. Set lists could have a lot more variation if they were willing to chuck in songs like these since they're proven to work in a live context and easy to perform...

I'd love it if they switched it up and made Out of Control the setlist regular and made I Will Follow the occasional song.

As long as we're talking about setlists for the next tour, I thought I'd re-post this list I posted last summer of the last time every pre-00s song that wasn't played on either of the last two tours was played on tour(I say 'on tour' because a couple have - Van Diemen's Land and Staring At The Sun - been played outside of tours). I've said it before, but given the amount of 'comeback' songs on the last two tours, it wouldn't surprise me to see at least a few of these show up on the next tour:

Songs last played before the Boy tour
Shadows And Tall Trees - July 27, 1980

Songs last played on the October Tour
Stories For Boys - March 27, 1982
Another Time, Another Place - May 14, 1982
With A Shout - May 15, 1982
Rejoice - August 7, 1982

Songs last played on the War Tour
Fire - February 26, 1983
Like A Song - February 26, 1983
Tomorrow - May 5, 1983
A Celebration - November 29, 1983

Songs last played on the Unforgettable Fire Tour
Twilight - September 24, 1984
Indian Summer Sky - February 4, 1985
Surrender - March 22, 1985
I Fall Down - April 18, 1985
I Threw A Brick - April 18, 1985
A Day Without Me - April 18, 1985
Wire - July 7, 1985
Seconds - August 25, 1985

Songs last played on the Joshua Tree Tour
Silver And Gold - November 11, 1987
Trip Through Your Wires - December 20, 1987

Songs last played on Lovetown
Exit - October 14, 1989
October - November 11, 1989
Hawkmoon 269 - December 18, 1989
Two Hearts Beat As One - December 27, 1989
God Part II - January 9, 1990

Songs last played on ZooTV
So Cruel - September 15, 1992
Van Diemen's Land - July 6, 1993
Babyface - August 20, 1993
When Love Comes To Town - August 28, 1993
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World - December 10, 1993
Love Is Blindness - December 10, 1993(the Vertigo performance was a minute long, any shorter and it would be considered a snippet, imo, so it's hard for me to really count it)
Numb - December 10, 1993
Lemon - December 10, 1993
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car - December 10, 1993
Dirty Day - December 10, 1993

Songs last played on Popmart
Do You Feel Loved - May 9, 1997
If God Will Send His Angels - June 27, 1997
Miami - November 14, 1997
Mofo - March 21, 1998
Last Night On Earth - March 21, 1998
If You Wear That Velvet Dress - March 21, 1998

Songs last played on the Elevation Tour