Rolling Stone's Top 100 Albums and Songs of the Decade & 2009 Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kid A was chosen as the number one song of the decade? Even Pitchfork, on its indiest day, with an electrified indie machine wouldn't choose that one.

Kid A was voted album of the decade, not song of the decade wasn't it? I think Kid A the album kind of summed up the decade, so I'm quite happy about that. Kid A the song wouldn't get in the top 100, that said, I wasn't a fan of Gnarls Barclay's Crazy, and that did come number 1.

Kid A was voted album of the decade, not song of the decade wasn't it? I think Kid A the album kind of summed up the decade, so I'm quite happy about that. Kid A the song wouldn't get in the top 100, that said, I wasn't a fan of Gnarls Barclay's Crazy, and that did come number 1.

Yeah, it was a rhetorical question, referring to gherman's awkwardly-placed "how does that song go?" comment. Kid A the song (which I absolutely love, btw; I consider it one of Radiohead's loveliest tracks) would have absolutely no chance of making a list of this kind.

these lists all seem at least plausible. :shrug:

nice to see the love for MOS -- it really is their best song this decade.

as I said in the B&C thread - not a bad list, though I don't agree with a lot of it. Good to see U2 do well and I'm pleased with their song selections for U2 (I'd also put GBHF on the list, but I wouldn't expect non-U2 fans to know that song.)

Glad to see Wilco at # 3. YHF is just about a perfect album.

Agreed 100%. Also delighted, and a little surprised, to see Jesus, Etc in the list of top 100 songs; then again, some of their other choices are baffling. I mean, Clocks?! Clocks is one of Coldplay's worst songs!

honestly, the top ten spots make a lot of sense. except for Dylan's Modern Times. If anything, Love and Theft should be at that spot and Modern Times should be nowhere on the list, it's his most bland record in quite some time.

honestly, the top ten spots make a lot of sense. except for Dylan's Modern Times. If anything, Love and Theft should be at that spot and Modern Times should be nowhere on the list, it's his most bland record in quite some time.

Yeeeeeees. Love and Theft was fantastic; why the hell did Modern Times get so big, and I've barely heard a rumbling about L&T. *sigh*

Rolling Stone Picks "Moment of Surrender" as 2009's Best Song

I still say it's the band's best song, ever!

The 25 Best Songs of 2009 : Rolling Stone

Songs of 2009

1 | U2 — "Moment of Surrender"

2 | Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys — "Empire State of Mind"

3 | Bruce Springsteen — "Outlaw Pete"

4 | Miley Cyrus — "Party in the USA"

5 | Phoenix — "1901"

6 | Pearl Jam — "The Fixer"

7 | Dirty Projectors — "Stillness is the Move"

8 | The Big Pink — "Dominoes"

9 | Yeah Yeah Yeahs — "Zero"

10 | Lady Gaga — "Bad Romance"

11 | Avett Brothers — "I and Love and You"

12 | Wilco — "Wilco (The Song)"

13 | Animal Collective — "My Girls"

14 | Black Eyed Peas — "Boom Boom Pow"

15 | Kid Cudi — "Day and Night (Crookers Remix)"

16 | Franz Ferdinand — "Ulysses"

17 | Drake — "Successful"

18 | Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band — "Slowly (Oh So Slowly)"

19 | Miranda Lambert — "White Liar"

20 | Miike Snow — "Animal"

21 | Bat For Lashes — "Daniel"

22 | Peter, Bjorn and John — "Nothing to Worry About"

23 | Dawes — "That Western Skyline"

24 | Girls — "Hellhole Ratrace"

25 | La Roux — "Bulletproof"

This is in another thread, so it'll be probably be merged... but let me use this thread as another place to express me deep love for MOS. :heart:

What the hell is with number four, though? Seriously?

Back
Top Bottom