November 19, 1991 - 19th Anniversary of Achtung Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They couldn't be posted here anyway, because remastered or not, they're still official tracks and we can't link to them.

i was caught in the long NYC recessation of late-90 thru mid-93....so i didin't actaully get the Cassette until a few months in. But thank goodness at that point MTV was still playing vids and that's how I heard some of it, and one or 2 DJ's played some of it alot as well. Got the CD later on.

I was amazed how they had changed. I was mostly immersed in a whole different (non-musical) Fandom by late 88 , so i hadn 't caught much of the rumblings about AB before it was released. But having loved alot of theoriginal CBGB's bands and tghe independent/ alt music that also came out of all that over about 15 yr+ i immediately loved the new direction U2 had taken!

I don't always beleive in strcit hierarchies- i sometimes go with levels of pantheons.

:bow: AB is in my ultra-fav of astonishing U2 Albums which for me are Jt/ AB/ NLOTH

And it also would be in my Ultra Fav (astonishing)R&R records Pantheon

I'm sooo excited for the remaster, and as I have not had easier acess to the Internet till very recently I happened to stumble upon (I guess) some of the earler & omitted matartial that's on the Salome Outakes I sure hope these are part of disc 2!:hyper::drool:

You seem to have a knack of including something about him in many of your posts. :wink:

I celebrated the anniversary of Achtung Baby by completing the singlespuzzle!

img0724m.jpg

:heart:

Nice, I painted it a couple of years ago...
80cm-1meter I think

u2.jpg

:shocked: :bow:

Would you like to paint another one for cash?

It is stocked in plastic..got so many paintings, no space to hang them.
It's been in a very small exhibition once. I should organize one, one day.
Started painting again recently.
Unfortunately I live in Belgium, Europe.... So it would be difficult to ship I guess.

AB was my first U2 CD and it was given to me as a gift that Christmas from my older brother. I wore it out and since that time I have owned 3 copies. The original one I had was the cardboard box one. 19 yrs old. :censored: I am old! :scream:

Oh c'mon, no you're not. I was 19 when it came out too. :wink: It is very wacky that AB came out 19 years ago. I still have my original CD.

Amazing that it has been 19 years since Achtung Baby was released. I remember people saying after Zooropa came out and the Zoo Tv tour was finally finished that they thought U2 would probably not record or tour any more after that. Sort of retire and count the money type of thing. But, we have had 4 albums since Zooropa and we'll soon get a 5th!

:sad: I was 16! Now I am 35 soon to be 36. I feel old. :wink:

Ahh, so you're younger than me. Dang it! :wink:

I remember when my friends and I were first giving AB a listen, we were playing Sonic on Sega Genesis endlessly. We couldn't stop playing it and we couldn't stop listening to the CD. Good times!

It is stocked in plastic..got so many paintings, no space to hang them.
It's been in a very small exhibition once. I should organize one, one day.
Started painting again recently.
Unfortunately I live in Belgium, Europe.... So it would be difficult to ship I guess.

That's such a lovely painting - if shipping worries you, I could cover that.

Seriously. I'd love to have that on my wall.

My favourite album of all time of any artist. I live and breath this record! I have no idea where all the time has gone, it seems like yesterday when I first listened to this while wondering the rainy streets of Tokyo.

I made this and posted it in that wallpaper thread but here it is again if anyone wants it. It took awhile to recreate the typeface and put it on the wall. You can see some other details I added.

an0hld.jpg

My favourite album of all time of any artist. I live and breath this record! I have no idea where all the time has gone, it seems like yesterday when I first listened to this while wondering the rainy streets of Tokyo.

I made this and posted it in that wallpaper thread but here it is again if anyone wants it. It took awhile to recreate the typeface and put it on the wall. You can see some other details I added.

an0hld.jpg

wow thats fucking sick

A Happy late Birthday, Achtung Baby! Just realized that Achtung Baby is actually older than I am. Whatever, still my favorite U2 album!

Hopes

I hope that we will get some news about the remastered version of AB very soon?

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom