NME - Noel Gallagher slams Keane but loves U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like rockstars that are polite, I don't think Bono is really that mean/offensive? Sure, he might've dropped a couple of f-bombs, but he does good things for the world. :up:

I reckon he maybe a good role model (when not drunk)

:reject: :wink:

:eyebrow: There's a difference between artists who have class and those who don't. Bono doesn't need to bash anyone, but obviously the Gallaghers cannot open their foul mouths without bashing someone. Poor and classless, if you ask me. I like some Oasis songs, but I don't like these guys. I have a strong dislike for people who cannot talk about themselves without having to put other ones down.

Brothers Gallagher are a breath of fresh air, some might say. Genuinely without class (of another kind) unlike many popular bands (Radiohead, Coldplay) who are full of middle-class silver-spooners, Oasis are true working class.

And sure they could be all polite and never say what they actually felt, but you shouldn't bottle up all your feelings and pretend to be full of praise for artists you couldn't give a toss about or know nothing about (Bono circa early 80's re Bob Dylan). Go Let It Out!

I see, Oasis have a new album out...enter the bashing of trendy UK acts.

"People will not accept that Bono is sincere - in this cynical age, they think he's really just a cunt. But he's not." Well, Noel, that's the world of today for ya.

Brothers Gallagher are a breath of fresh air, some might say. Genuinely without class (of another kind) unlike many popular bands (Radiohead, Coldplay) who are full of middle-class silver-spooners, Oasis are true working class.

And sure they could be all polite and never say what they actually felt, but you shouldn't bottle up all your feelings and pretend to be full of praise for artists you couldn't give a toss about or know nothing about (Bono circa early 80's re Bob Dylan). Go Let It Out!

Fair enough. I still like artists that have and show respect for other artists a lot more. What I don't like is people running their mouth in the media, because it's clearly for publicity reasons, I don't even know if they are genuine in their "working class" attitide, because in the end, as U2 girl said, they are trying to promote their album.

Noel`s pretty funny from time to time.
Check out his interview with Jonathan Ross on Youtube.
The story when he gets a limousine and Liam ( and the rest ) just a rolex is hilarious:lol:
They got these presents after the success of Definetly Maybe from their manager.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Amen to both of Kafrun's comments. The Gallagher brothers are gems.

And don't blame Noel for being honest and actually saying what he believes. It's actually a bit refreshing in this world of politically correct, cliched answers. Blame the interviewers for asking him questions about other bands. Noel's just being honest. Obviously he's not a fan of Keane and he made it known when asked. Apparently the people here who are bashing Noel want him to lie and say that he likes Keane.

Liam and Noel are FUCKING SHIT! I hate them and can't stand them. They talk so much shit about everyone like WTF???? You don't have any better things to do then to bash everyone??? I think them bashing every artist out there is a sign that they are not confident of themselves/ their music so they feel the need to bash other artists because it makes them feel better about themselves!

Ughh I mean i hate new kids on the block., I hate britney spears, I hate jessica and ashley simpson but my hate towards them doesn't even compare to the hate I have for Liam and Noel!! Garrr

Liam and Noel are FUCKING SHIT! I hate them and can't stand them. They talk so much shit about everyone like WTF???? You don't have any better things to do then to bash everyone??? I think them bashing every artist out there is a sign that they are not confident of themselves/ their music so they feel the need to bash other artists because it makes them feel better about themselves!

Ughh I mean i hate new kids on the block., I hate britney spears, I hate jessica and ashley simpson but my hate towards them doesn't even compare to the hate I have for Liam and Noel!! Garrr

OH PS: I found it hilarious when they got attacked on stage and I found it even more hilarious that they canceled their tour because of that! What a bunch of pussies!

there music hasn't been great since What's the story...but the gallagher brothers are the funniest two blokes in rock. He's right about Keane too.

OH PS: I found it hilarious when they got attacked on stage and I found it even more hilarious that they canceled their tour because of that! What a bunch of pussies!

Says alot about yourself when you find a serious assault funny.

Gee, you're good. Having a go at others bagging people, when I'm sure that your avatar thingo isn't selected because your a fan of the guy in the photo but rather, as a mockery of the individual's unfortunate smile.

Noel and Liam do these things, and its called working the press. They have aa new album coming out.....enter the Gallacher boys, in full rant mode. Result is...you get free colum inches. Handy promotion that! Funny how ppl on here who dont like Oasis or the Gallachers are equally as guilty of doing the same thing as Noel, but some to a lesser degree. As he sed in that interview, he (like most of us) has an opinion on everything, and if someone asks him, hes gonna call it as he sees it. Fair Play to him I say....its what i do!

The last fine record of Oasis is Be here now. Now they're only big in the UK. It's fine he loves U2. But I don't care. Almost everything they say is to promote their image and record.

By the way. I love Keane. Great voice, great sound. With the new record they will be three times bigger than Oasis.

Oh please it wasn't serious, how many times I am sure did they try to punch other people out too??? Come on like they never got into a fight before! And hey this is my opinion I tell it like it is, just like noel and liam right??

Here is an example of Liam commiting a "serius" asoult! Come on they ask for it all the time, thus I don't have any sympothy for them when it happens!

"Oasis vocalist Liam Gallagher and others linked to the group were detained by Munich, Germany police after a brawl at a nightclub early Sunday (December 1) left the singer with facial injuries and several broken teeth. The altercation forced the cancellation of shows in Munich Sunday and in Hamburg on Monday (December 2).

The incident occurred at a disco inside the Meunchner Hof hotel, according to AP, when drunken, rough-housing band members and others in their entourage spilled over onto a table where five Italians were seated. The Italians reacted and were attacked by members of the Oasis party, a witness told police.

Outside the fight resumed, with Gallagher pushing a police officer in the chest and injuring him slightly. Gallagher, drummer Alan White, and three others associated with the band were questioned on suspicion of assault, resisting arrest, and damage to property."

Suspected fractured rib and ligament damage isnt a serious assault ?

Suspected fractured rib and ligament damage isnt a serious assault ?

it IS serious enough for me, hell any assoult is serious but you are missing my point! Ah never mind its no point arguing, it seams here that when you have an opinion outside of other peoples opinion you get flamed. Its like when I say i LIKE coldplay I get flamed or I don't like the Gallagher brothers or what not. I am done with this stupid thread anyways.

The last fine record of Oasis is Be here now. Now they're only big in the UK.

They are actually bigger in America now than they've ever been. went on holiday to Italy over the summer, met 2 separate groups of Americans and they both liked Oasis.

They are actually bigger in America now than they've ever been. went on holiday to Italy over the summer, met 2 separate groups of Americans and they both liked Oasis.

:scratch: Let me get this straight, you met a couple of Americans in Italy that like Oasis, therefore they are the biggest they've ever been in America?

That's just funny and wrong...

:scratch: Let me get this straight, you met a couple of Americans in Italy that like Oasis, therefore they are the biggest they've ever been in America?

That's just funny and wrong...

well...I don't know exactly what he is trying to say cause he's being vague...but your jumping to a conclusion that isn't clear cut.....he never actually said that because he met these Americans, Oasis is bigger than ever in America....maybe he was just sharing a little holiday story in America! :)

whatever...I don't know what he meant :shrug:

the Callagher brothers have become a sorry arse imitation of themselves
and not just musically

well...I don't know exactly what he is trying to say cause he's being vague...but your jumping to a conclusion that isn't clear cut.....he never actually said that because he met these Americans, Oasis is bigger than ever in America....maybe he was just sharing a little holiday story in America! :)

whatever...I don't know what he meant :shrug:

It just sounded like he was using that as some evidence that they were bigger now than ever...

Oasis IS not and probably won't be any bigger in America than they were when Morning Glory came out. Not to say they won't or haven't gained some of their popularity back in America, but no way are they bigger or even as big as then...

Liam and Noel do essentially what everybody here does, they just have the balls to say it in public. They don't care, people ask them and they give their two cents :shrug: They're also a couple of working class guys from a rough background, so they have a colourful - and often highly amusing - way of going about it.

Seriously.. if you ever get the chance to talk one-on-one with either of them - especially Liam, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Very likeable individuals, imho.

Agreed. As an American (Baltimore!), I can state with 100% certainty that this band is not close to the bigness of the Morning Glory days.

Actually, they're not big at all. I didn't even know Dig Out Your Soul was coming out until I read the review in Rolling Stone the other day...no promotion whatsoever...

Oasis was never a big band, absolutely never. As Morning Glory came out they could get considered one of the most interesting band that was rising, a young band with a cool future. But as the years went by they remained stuck in nothing else than a brit pop band role, always claiming themselves as the best without any really true masterpiece. All I hear from Oasis is just noise and bunch of Yeah yeah yeah's with a "singer" who brays like a donkey. Noel should go for a solo career, at least he has a good voice and sometimes he's even able to make nice melodies. Nobody in 20 years will talk of Oasis like we talk of U2, Rolling Stones or Pearl Jam

Oasis was never a big band, absolutely never. As Morning Glory came out they could get considered one of the most interesting band that was rising, a young band with a cool future.

Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory sold over 25 million (combined) worldwide.

Back
Top Bottom