New U2 DVD - 5.1 stereo of Rockpalast 1983

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrissybaby

Refugee
Unsure if this has been posted yet, but apparently Hudson Street, who own the rights to a lot of live shows, are releasing a new U2 DVD on 9th September:

Page 3 of this PDF: http://www.allegro-music.com/Download/PDF/Sep08_Video.pdf

http://www.recordtime.com/Item/8203200201

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/disc...3b1!846534478&tp=singles&pid=5928&aid=1177355

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8954358&st=u2&type=product&id=1901951

http://www.amazon.com/Live-U2/dp/B001CLG780/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1219448513&sr=1-4

We already have a good pro-shot of this circulating, but this should be top notch quality and if I remember correctly it's the show where a lot of the UABRS audio release comes from...

Apologies if this is already known, mods feel free to delete thread!

Awesome. I don't know if I'll upgrade from my proshot bootleg----it has such AMAZING picture quality, especially for a 1983 show.

I will buy it. I wonder if the bootleg will contain content that the commercial release wont?

I never saw the bootleg.

September is also when Red Rocks is released right?

EXCITE!

ok the bootleg we have is just over 60 mins, the running time of this is 80. I wonder if they'll include any other footage/interviews?

The boot is terrific, so I do recommend picking this up...especially if you don't have the boot.

1. Introduction
2. Out Of Control
3. Twilight
4. An Cait Dubh - The Black Cat
5. Into The Heart
6. Surrender
7. Two Hearts Beat As One
8. Seconds
9. Sunday Bloody Sunday
10. The Electric Co
11. Gloria
12. New Years Day
13. I Will Follow
14. 40

another dvd to buy :drool:

:yes:

I've got part of this on video. A typical registration of a festival performance, but an important part of U2 history too (as half of the Under A Blood Red Sky album was from this performance, including the "This is not a rebel song. This is Sunday Bloody Sunday." introduction and performance.

Ok I bought this DVD today at Best Buy ($14.99)
Content wise it is exactly the same as the bootleg in every way. Infact my bootleg might even sound a little better. The new dvd even has the same sound buzzes and flaws the bootleg has. (Edited this post, dvd is NOT widescreen) The only advantage here is I can use scene selection or skip between songs, something I can't do on my bootleg. (Also my bootleg will sometimes freeze once in a while or skip a little and no problem with that on the new dvd.) As far as I can see there are no extras or anything new. And no interview unfortunately.

For anyone looking for it in your store it's titled "U2 Live"

Oh and this is the photo on the cover packaging:

u2docks.png

:huh: :doh:

Ok you know what? I'm comparing some more back and forth now. The new dvd is NOT widescreen, it's just enclosed in a box format, I now notice there are black bars on the sides as well. And now that I put it back in after taking another look at my bootleg, the bootleg is much clearer and better picture quality. Also the bootleg does sound better.
One other thing, on Seconds my bootleg has a skip which I never knew if it was a flaw on my copy or in the recording. The dvd doesn't skip so the song is complete.

If you don't already own this bootleg or don't have access to it then this dvd is well worth a great U2 show. If you already have this bootleg, you don't need this dvd.

HINT U2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh::down:

This should have been included on a War Super Deluxe 2CD + DVD edition :drool:

I just picked up this DVD also. The quality is decent enough, but it looks like it's been squished vertically. I'm planning to fix the proportions and put it on my Apple TV.

This definitely should have been included with either the War or Red Rocks remasters.

The cover art is certainly laughable. There are some bomb-era photos on the back cover as well. :|

^ Yeah exactly, it seems to be squished into a smaller box on the screen. Still though for $14.99 it's worth it for anyone who doesn't have it. It's a great concert.

Ok I bought this DVD today at Best Buy ($14.99)
Content wise it is exactly the same as the bootleg in every way. Infact my bootleg might even sound a little better. The new dvd even has the same sound buzzes and flaws the bootleg has. (Edited this post, dvd is NOT widescreen) The only advantage here is I can use scene selection or skip between songs, something I can't do on my bootleg. (Also my bootleg will sometimes freeze once in a while or skip a little and no problem with that on the new dvd.) As far as I can see there are no extras or anything new. And no interview unfortunately.

For anyone looking for it in your store it's titled "U2 Live"

Oh and this is the photo on the cover packaging:

u2docks.png

:huh: :doh:

:|
After reading this I'm less enthusiastic of this release. I had hoped that, even though this isn't an title owned by U2, that at least the producers had made sure they put out a quality product. Now it seems it's just a cheap cash grab by whoever owns the rights to this recording.
I mean, they could've at least designed a period-correct cover (i.e. using War-era pictures of the band).

:sigh:

:|
After reading this I'm less enthusiastic of this release. I had hoped that, even though this isn't an title owned by U2, that at least the producers had made sure they put out a quality product. Now it seems it's just a cheap cash grab by whoever owns the rights to this recording.
I mean, they could've at least designed a period-correct cover (i.e. using War-era pictures of the band).

:sigh:

same here, I was excited since I don't own red rocks, and was actually planning to buy this. But now it seems pretty bad. What's so hard about googling U2 and War and using the pics or forums that come up? :doh:

This seems to have been removed from Amazon.com, I had it on my wishlist. Now it just says "This item is no longer available." I wonder if there are some legal issues or something?

Back
Top Bottom