New U2.com offer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's be honest, I've been at the Giants Stadium when they played "Your Blue Room" and was kind of cold, nobody cared about it, but the version at "From The Ground Up" is fucking brilliant!

:drool:

Loving the sound mixing. Breathe is awesome. Just listened to the drums, and skipping through to ES, YBR, HMTM, 40 and Scarlet

Let's be honest, I've been at the Giants Stadium when they played "Your Blue Room" and was kind of cold, nobody cared about it, but the version at "From The Ground Up" is fucking brilliant!

:drool:

How many times did they play it live?

I was at the Houston show when they played it and when it started I was like ' No way they play this'. It came across as kind of cold but from a far it was a sight to see.

I consider myself a U2 fan but I wouldn't know IYBR if it slapped me round the head....

with the bonus tracks they've given us 42 live tracks from 360 tour- might create myself an uber playlist for the songs- hope they give us more live material from another tour next year

Yeah, I'll be creating an ultimate 360 playlist out of these as well, also adding "Mercy" in (even though the 2004 blows away the 2010 version).

Also, I'll be substituting One and Streets with the Montreal show that has a Hallelujah snippet in between.

ps. Oh yeah, YBR. ES. and HMTMKMKM are amazing.

So I thought this may make a good ultimate setlist. The only thing I really struggled with is the MLK/Scarlet combo. I'm almost tempted to just delete one of them.

1. Even Better Than The Real Thing
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Breathe
5. I Will Follow
6. No Line On The Horizon
7. Get On Your Boots
8. Magnificent
9. Beautiful Day
10. Elevation
11. Until The End Of The World
12. New Year’s Day
13. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
14. Electrical Storm
15. Stay
16. In A Little While
17. Desire
18. Spanish Eyes
19. Stuck In A Moment
20. Unknown Caller
21. Your Blue Room
22. Mercy
23. Bad
24. All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me
25. Miss Sarajevo
26. The Unforgettable Fire
27. Zooropa
28. City Of Blinding Lights
29. Vertigo
30. Crazy Tonight
31. Sunday Bloody Sunday
32. Pride
33. MLK
34. Scarlet (Might as well get the Burma stuff out of the way back to back. This was a tough one to decide on)
35. Walk On
36. One
37. Where The Streets Have No Name
38. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
39. Ultraviolet
40. With Or Without You
41. Moment Of Surrender
42. Out Of Control
43. 40

This really makes me reflect on the whole 360 cycle:

Not only did U2 play Zooropa, Electrical Sotrm, Your Blue Room, Love Rescue Me, HMTMKMKM, Scarlet, EBTTRT and a swathe of other rare and unplayed songs during 360, giving an unprecedented airing to the non-warhorse back catalogue, but they released incredible sound quality recordings of them to the fans.

With all the grief we give them for beating the hell out of IALW, and U2.com for their general ineptitude, Edge's Picks, U22 and the bonus downloads are an incredible way to remember an incredible tour. I feel very privileged to be a U2 fan right now.

Thanks to all involved.

This really makes me reflect on the whole 360 cycle:

Not only did U2 play Zooropa, Electrical Sotrm, Your Blue Room, Love Rescue Me, HMTMKMKM, Scarlet, EBTTRT and a swathe of other rare and unplayed songs during 360, giving an unprecedented airing to the non-warhorse back catalogue, but they released incredible sound quality recordings of them to the fans.

With all the grief we give them for beating the hell out of IALW, and U2.com for their general ineptitude, Edge's Picks, U22 and the bonus downloads are an incredible way to remember an incredible tour. I feel very privileged to be a U2 fan right now.

Thanks to all involved.

Yeah, they've done a great job this time, listening to their fans. :) Finally we got some great recordings with U22, and then people were asking to get the rest too, and look, we now get most songs. So I do feel like they're reading forums(be it just Zootopia) and get shit done that people want. Of course the band themselves don't do this, but they've got the right people on it, apparently! :up:

And I'll continue to give them shit for playing ialw that often, tyvm. :wink:

YBR was epic. I can understand why they stopped playing it – middle of a stadium isn’t really the forum.

Maybe the right place is an arena tour where they have a high-paced opening, then a mid-set b-stage show of slower, more intimate songs like Stay, YBR, Miss Sarajevo, Running to Stand Still, north Star etc

Back
Top Bottom