New INXS Demo...Featuring Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it sounds like Morrissey. Whoever it is, I like it!

Hand in hand.....love his voice in this song! And you can def hear Edge in the chorus. My friend Deb said "Sweet" is the right word for it, and I have to agree!
:heart:

Can someone please make an mp3 of it?

I seriously doubt it's Bono. But on the other hand, I am hoping like crazy it is. Then my mind would explode from the awesomeness. I like the song, personally- it's not INXS in the least, but I wasn't expecting that in the first place.

I still say if it were anyone but Bono, he would have been named in that little letter. Who else would be called "an Irish songwriter" without being named? I'm reading that as a little wink and a nod.

I've only listened once. Sounded like Bono to me, although the singing style was different than his usual. Still sounded like him, though. Based on my above theory, I'm going with "It's Bono."

The fact that INXS is getting a new lead singer, and a second listen with headphones, has made it hard for me to think this could really be Bono.

Cool voice, though...

Okay, listening again, and it sounds less like Bono.

Is it Edge? Someone else said they thought it was him, and now that the thought is in my head, I can't un-hear it.

I haven't heard Edge singing on enough songs by himself to make the call. I know sometimes he and Bono can sound similar.

It would still explain the "wink wink nudge nudge IRISH SONGWRITER" note, and, as EdgeFest posited elsewhere, would make more sense considering they're talking about sitting around playing guitars.

Edit: although in the iTunes notes, it says songwriters are Andrew Fariss and Bono. Not sure if that was in the original track, or if someone added the metadata before uploading it and spreading it around.

It's Bono. If it's not him, it's his eerie vocal clone. Like, took cells from his vocal area and grew them in a petri dish and implanted them. :lol: Listen to the first verse - that's his phrasing, his tone, hell, even his breathing.

Love it, by the way. Someone mentioned it sounding like it's from a different era. I agree. Sounds like a cross between 50's-ish and trad. vocals (accent emphasized) to me.

Now I'm on the "parts sound like him, parts do not" page. You guys figure it out. I'll be back to see the answer in two weeks. :wink:

Is it Edge? Someone else said they thought it was him, and now that the thought is in my head, I can't un-hear it.

Ha, now that you mention it, I can TOTALLY see that. Sometimes when Edge sings lines or phrases, I have trouble telling him apart from Bono, and I think it's that over the years, Edge has sort of learned to mimic Bono's...whatever Bono has, vocally.

Someone I played it for said it sounds like Bono, but blander. I thought maybe he adjusted his voice to suit what he felt was the vibe/feel of the song, but it's very possible it's Edge.

From the description of how and where it was recorded, I thought that maybe the the emphasized accent in the song was the result of a long, boozy evening hanging out with friends.

Cori, if you run into him while you are in his homeland, ask him if it is him singing!

Check.

Man, I've got quite a list of things to ask him. I'd better write these down.

1. Is AB remastered?
2. Is 2012 for a new album a real date, or just you doing your usual yammering?
3. Is that you on the INXS song?
4. Are you okay?????

:wink:

Okay, listening again, and it sounds less like Bono.

I haven't heard Edge singing on enough songs by himself to make the call. I know sometimes he and Bono can sound similar.

It would still explain the "wink wink nudge nudge IRISH SONGWRITER" note, and, as EdgeFest posited elsewhere, would make more sense considering they're talking about sitting around playing guitars.

Edit: although in the iTunes notes, it says songwriters are Andrew Fariss and Bono. Not sure if that was in the original track, or if someone added the metadata before uploading it and spreading it around.

The original file from Soundcloud doesn't have any tags at all.

If that's the Edge, Bono better watch his back.

I don't see it being Bono...his voice isn't that lush anymore.

Maybe he helped them write the song and they had someone else sing it.

I think I hear Bono in the backing vocals...

EDIT:

Holy $#%&...is it Bono??? :-0

If this is Bono, they did an excellent job of making it sound barely like him. Why would he purposely sing with such a thick accent? Also, the raspy quality to his voice is not there.

1. If it is Bono, it bodes well for the future. The sustained lushness of it makes me wonder. No cracks or scratchiness at all. Hmmmm..

2. If it is Bono trying not to sound like Bono, we will probably never find out. INXS could ride the intrigue.

3. I agree..."Irish songwriter" is too coy. They must know everyone would think Bono. But maybe they are slowly building up interest in an unknown new singer and using the Bono-association to draw attention.

"maybe...we'll see"

That is SOOOO not Bono!

Definitely agree with the Morrissey suggestion.

Based on my knowledge of Irish male singers, this is my order of likelihood:

1. Someone I've never heard of
2. Someone You've never heard of
3. Liam Ó Maonlaí (Hothouse Flowers)
4. Brian Mcfadden
5. Luka Bloom
6. Christie Moore
7. Billy Bragg
8. Bob Geldoff
9. Larry Mullen Jr
10. someone faking an Irish accent
11. Bono

Don't they already know each other though? Why would he say he met him recently? That said, it does sound like it could be Bono and I would be pleasantly surprised if it is... Definitely does not sound like Morrissey. No idea where that is coming from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom