Got a U2 'shrine'? Let it shine! Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh by no means do I think it's legit. At the same time, wouldn't it be difficult to bootleg a vinyl record? (Cds and tapes would be easy).

I got it off of ebay......it wasn't expensive. Looked like the real thing....but by no means is it an original pressing.

My other DJ friends have a Dynacord sound system which we DJ from. I plan to give it a spin soon on a technics 1200 turntable and see how it sounds.

I don't know anything about bootlegs or making records but I know there were plenty of bootleg vinyls around in the days before the CD was invented! They used to sell them at my little local record shop, I sure miss those places :sad:

I've been without a nice turntable system for years now. All I want is something (relatively inexpensive) decent to play my records on. Any suggestions?

Bonocomet check the Vorsprung section, Zootlesque just got a cool one that plays thru the computer and converts to mp3z. We had quite the discussion over there on it. :up:

/beingtolazytolinkyatoit :wink:

Thanks, I'll check over there. I'm really looking for something simple, like the olden days. :lol: Do they even make those anymore? Although it would be tempting to put some of my old vinyl on the computer so I can listen in my car :hmm: These days it's where I listen to music the most. Thanks again gvox.

Your U2 shrine is so cool! I have enough stuff for one, but sadly my hubby took over the den and I have my U2 mini-shrine in the garage!

I love seeing all your pics! :love: You guys have some pretty cool stuff!!

I don't have a shrine in my house. :(

This still remains in my room at my parents' house though:

100_1833.jpg

100_1832.jpg

This was one wall of my bedroom during my high school years:

232323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E2323364598738ot1lsi

I had also written lyrics down on small pieces of posterboard and did a collage that covered my closet door. I typed out the lyrics from The Joshua Tree and taped them to the walls by my bed.

I cried when I had to take everything down before we moved. :sad: But you can see that a lot of those pics made their way to the new house. :wink: My sister made me the hot pink U2 poster (her artistic skills are much better than mine!), and I had it hanging in my dorm room window. Looking up at the building, it was very easy to tell which window was mine! :laugh:

Those teenage bedroom walls are great BC!
Right now I have the JT lithograph on my livingroom wall above the piano, and a whole lot of U2 posters cover the walls of the bedroom which doubles as hubby's guitar room.
I've got pics but I can't find them right now, I'll have to take some new ones.

I have... the albums on CD... a few singles... and a U2 iPod... Yay for me...

I love seeing all your pics! :love: You guys have some pretty cool stuff!!

I don't have a shrine in my house. :(

This still remains in my room at my parents' house though:

100_1833.jpg

100_1832.jpg

This was one wall of my bedroom during my high school years:

232323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E2323364598738ot1lsi

I had also written lyrics down on small pieces of posterboard and did a collage that covered my closet door. I typed out the lyrics from The Joshua Tree and taped them to the walls by my bed.

I cried when I had to take everything down before we moved. :sad: But you can see that a lot of those pics made their way to the new house. :wink: My sister made me the hot pink U2 poster (her artistic skills are much better than mine!), and I had it hanging in my dorm room window. Looking up at the building, it was very easy to tell which window was mine! :laugh:

Looks like my wall, but mine is only 75% U2...25% Boy era, 25% Zoo Era, 25% Misc U2 era

My friends must think I'm CRAZY!

I have a shrine for Edge...it's similar to Helga Pataki's shrine to Arnold....

just kidding..

:wink:

Yes! There's a support group for YOU! :lol:

No but seriously solacevip Let your Shrine Shine big guy!!! :up: :applaud:

Wow...surprised to see this bumped back on the main page.

Something for you to know.

I finally got my new mixer, as well some stands for my CDJs....and my turntables.

If you look at the first page you see the shrine up close.

I've since put the DJ booth in front of the shrine....looks better now.

The penguins you see are Badtz Maru from the Hello Kitty family.....that's a different story.

n512545446_5488503_7816.jpg

Did I show you my license plate?

n512545446_390651_279.jpg

hahahaha.... I love the U2BROTHR plate hahahahah.....

People outside the "U2 world" must think we are all crazy for spending this much money on all of these collectibles....they just dont understand.

but, out of everything Ive seen- Mr. U2BROTHR, your shrine is out of this fucking galaxy. :applaud:

What's that book, with the AB cover on the lower right hand shelf?

My kind wife secretly went and took a bunch of the U2 pictures I took while on tour and developed them. (She was my gf at the time). She took the AB cover and the Lemon singles cover and bound them together with dark paper to make a scrapbook.

She took the pictures and organized them to make a scrapbook of all of the pictures.

If you want close up pictures let me know. It's quite the piece of work. Whenever someone comes to the house and really doesn't have the time (or the love) of seeing all of my U2 stuff.....I can hand them this book and they get the grasp of my insanity.

^WOW, thats really cool! Yeah, I'd love to c the pics! Is ur wife a fan as well?

Edit: Just clicked the link in ur sig, GREAT PICS MAN! How did u manage to get so close for so many shows?!?!?! How long did u wait on GA? Cause I'm willing to wait as long as I have too...

^WOW, thats really cool! Yeah, I'd love to c the pics! Is ur wife a fan as well?

Edit: Just clicked the link in ur sig, GREAT PICS MAN! How did u manage to get so close for so many shows?!?!?! How long did u wait on GA? Cause I'm willing to wait as long as I have too...

Time...patience....good friends....positive attitude.....and hope.

Time...patience....good friends....positive attitude.....and hope.

So your saying, "Be prepared to wait a hell of a longtime (Is 3 in the morning the day of good enough?), bring a buddy along to make the experience more bearable...and remain positive cause if the lottery doesn't work out, at least u have a soild chance of getting close to the stage"

LOLO

So your saying, "Be prepared to wait a hell of a longtime (Is 3 in the morning the day of good enough?), bring a buddy along to make the experience more bearable...and remain positive cause if the lottery doesn't work out, at least u have a soild chance of getting close to the stage"

LOLO

These are all "truths" young grasshopper.

Back
Top Bottom