Bono On The Daily Show - 11.30.11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
digitize said:
Right, because it was really minor.

What?!

I never claimed it was. But this procedure is noted for being quicker to heal than many back procedures. There are some procedures that would have someone bono's age and shape out of commission for up to 6 months.

11w6ck2.gif

I am sure that there are many U2 fans that take whatever they say at face value.
CanEdge has this one on the nose. You're all just sheep for not believing Annie's story. If you all just took a step back and looked at the full scope of this, it would be painfully obvious that Bono faked a back injury to cancel dates and give them an excuse to tour into 2011 so that they could tour all the way up until four months before a re-release of a 20 year old album and reschedule their date at Glastonbury. Glastonbury, after all, is well known for its association with great sales numbers for re-releases. Did you not know this? The band doesn't want you to know this.

Next thing you'll tell me you believe that story about Edge's daughter being sick delaying the Vertigo Tour. They clearly delayed it to coincide with the release The Saints Are Coming. Smart business. Clearly the most savvy way to respond to Hurricane Katrina. My first thought would have been to delay the tour with a child illness in order to perform with at a pro football game with a shitty punk band. GENIUS.

canedge said:
What percentage of tickets were returned? 5% or 15%?

Tell me. Is it plausable that these things could occur?

Well, If I was a white collar criminal, which I am not, I would take that coin and charge large short term interest.

Look at the recent headlines regarding Bono's investments.

U2's Bono in line for Facebook cash windfall - Business News, Business - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

It is plausable that while we waited 18 months for a second North American leg some people in the camp cold have made 'year long' investments that could offer big returns. There is no basis in fact for these hunches. Just speculation.

In fact, just when the second North American leg was announced was November 2009. Same month as the article references as the purchase.

What the hell has having an investment in facebook got to do with bonos back?

Do you think bono does all the work for elevation course he dosent he employs cronies to do it

Unbelieveable comments its what i call drivel

CanEdge has this one on the nose. You're all just sheep for not believing Annie's story. If you all just took a step back and looked at the full scope of this, it would be painfully obvious that Bono faked a back injury to cancel dates and give them an excuse to tour into 2011 so that they could tour all the way up until four months before a re-release of a 20 year old album and reschedule their date at Glastonbury. Glastonbury, after all, is well known for its association with great sales numbers for re-releases. Did you not know this? The band doesn't want you to know this.

Next thing you'll tell me you believe that story about Edge's daughter being sick delaying the Vertigo Tour. They clearly delayed it to coincide with the release The Saints Are Coming. Smart business. Clearly the most savvy way to respond to Hurricane Katrina. My first thought would have been to delay the tour with a child illness in order to perform with at a pro football game with a shitty punk band. GENIUS.

Hmmmm. Dan Brown will make a new epic book out of this. Genius indeed.

:lol:

BC i just splattered my cup of tea everywhere!!

and the comic timing was brilliant, because i read your comment at the bottom of the last page, pause, click next page, then "Never." lmfao

mama cass said:
"reason" clearly has nothing to do with anything any more, apparently :D

;)

Its mad isnt it

The reason was quite clear that it was bonos back and please nobody tell me that one back doesnt stop the tour

A re issue that nobody gives a toss about that will hardly make any money and sell really badly is not a reason to postpone the biggest most expensive tour of all time , its a pathetic opinion.

i know if i thought that badly of a band i wouldnt follow them so why do you?

The reason was quite clear that it was bonos back and please nobody tell me that one back doesnt stop the tour

Not if you fake it :tsk:

Now, seriously: I don't "know" Bono personally, but in the many years I've been following the band it became quite clear to me that Bono lives to be on stage. As far as I know he never cancelled a single show because he was sick or not feeling well, unlike many other singers or musicians who don't perform if they have a cold or cancel shows because they don't feel well.

So the fact alone that Bono's injury led to the band cancelling not one show, but a whole tour leg should be very telling. He was, indeed, in a lot of trouble, and I'm sure it wasn't exactly funny for him (also not for his family and band). The whole speculation and absurd conspiracy theories are somewhat respectless towards the man. Medical stuff is something that's very personal and besides the fact that the whole tour cancellation was a logistical nightmare for everyone involved, fans included, it has to be said that Bono's condition surely shouldn't be something you wish upon anybody. I'm glad he recovered so well and I'm quite sure it was a very tough time for him, because PT and rehab is never funny, especially if you're under a lot of pressure from outside - and probably from "inside" as well, because Bono surely isn't the kind of guy who's happy with cancelling a tour leg.

:up: plus he was actually back on his feet and on stage incredibly quickly if you ask me! his recovery and physio must've been lightning speed to get him in shape ready for Italy! i for one will never forget the pure joy and emotion of seeing that Stingray footage from the Italian show with Bono's return to the stage after everything... :hug::heart:

mama cass said:
:up: plus he was actually back on his feet and on stage incredibly quickly if you ask me! his recovery and physio must've been lightning speed to get him in shape ready for Italy!:

Thats what the best doctors in the world can do.when you have the cash he has he can afford the best

It's so hard to tell who's wearing the tin foil hats and who's not, maybe I should be on drugs in order to decipher.

For the record I was waiting for someone to jump on your "Bono's recovery was shorter than most" comment and somehow spin that into the theory that since he only needed 6 months off according to Dr BVS, WEBMD, the delay of 11.5 months must have been, you know, due to other reasons... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom