Best U2 track of the 2000's ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gosh, that's a hard one. I'd have to say MOS. There have been so many great songs that were great for different reasons -- different times and moods. ATYCLB captured and uplifted the time perfectly, but I think NLOTH is a better record objectvely.

Anyway, MOS for me. :D

I completely forgot TGBHF and Stateless are from this decade. It's seems like a thousand years ago since they were released.

I seriously can't decide between TGBHR, Stateless, or Moment of Surrender. In A Little While is definitely one of my favorites from this decade as well.

City of Blinding Lights, followed by Walk On, Stuck in a Moment and No Line on the Horizon.

Moment of Surrender, Fez, White as Snow, Cedars of Lebanon, Stuck in a Moment, When I Look at the World, Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own and Mercy are the stand out U2 tracks of the 00's for me.

Wouldn't want to listen to them all in a row though. Bit intense.

Well, actually the records themselves are set in stone (or set in mp3), so they're not subjective, objectively speaking. People's opinions of them are subjective, though, I will admit.

That would depend on your perception and reality of the definitions of perception and reality.

Moment of Surrender, Stuck in a Moment, When I Look at the World, Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own and Mercy are the stand out U2 tracks of the 00's for me.

Wouldn't want to listen to them all in a row though. Bit intense.

Mercy. You just *had* to mention that song in this thread... prepare for a bloodbath.

For the record, I love Mercy, but I often forget about it and wish there was a better recording of it.

MoS is essentially a Bad rewrite of course (in much the same way that Please was a rewrite of SBS), but with better lyrics, better harmonising and melody. It's a more complete, finished song than Bad. I honestly think it's a better song.

Not my overall favourite, but as far as totally hitting the mark goes, it’s got to be Beautiful Day. Ticked every required and desired box. They needed a monster song - got it. Needed it to be an effortless sounding basic pop-rock song - got it. Needed it to sound very U2-ey, but not re-hashed – got it. Needed it to be catchy and commercial without checking its creativity and soul at the door – got it. Plus, it always makes you smile. IMO, it’s in the top echelon of pop songs ever written.

Personal favourites aside from BD are In a Little While, Stateless, Ground Beneath, Kite and about 2/3 of NLOTH. Bottom of the list are Elevation, Stand Up Comedy and all but about 4 minutes of HTDAAB.

Mercy.

I thought Big Girls Are Best was a POP left over?

It was written in 98/99 when Bono's wife was pregnant with their first son, born in 99. :)

WILATW is a great song. I loved it since the first listen. :up: Forget IALW, U2 should start playing that song fully live!

It was written in 98/99 when Bono's wife was pregnant with their first son, born in 99. :)

WILATW is a great song. I loved it since the first listen. :up: Forget IALW, U2 should start playing that song fully live!

i count the snippet in bad in kansas in 01 as a performance, it was like two minutes long...

Back
Top Bottom